• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Well we'd have to see the dossier unless Arteta is straight up lying. If Auba was playing poorly and showing up late constantly then it's good we got rid of him.

You lot act like he should be given special treatment and have the red carpet rolled out for him. We saw how that ended with Özil, he even stopped bothering to show up to away games up north.

If we weren't willing to do that, why give the man 350k a week?

Tuchel handled him much better and never had a problem with the player. Auba's beef was with Dortmund's CEO/DoF.

Why would Arteta expect a leopard to change his spots after all this time? That's on the manager and techinical director.

This whole dossier thing is being blown out of proportion because it'll feature on the All or Nothing stuff and I wager it'll be as flat as the other clips that got thrown out to create hype. There won't be some grand offense, just a history of tardiness.

I'm not against punishing Auba, but infering the man wasn't even trying when he was busting a gut tracking back is odd to me.

The thing that gets me personally is that players who were performing just as badly didn't get the same treatment, quite the opposite. Like AG put it before, It's almost like the whole "values" thing is bs when there's a huge yellow box on top of the website.

El Duderino

Smarter move would’ve been re-integrate him and f*ck him off in the summer without going scorched Earth.

Arguably cost us top 4 and tanked his value.

That's basicaly it. It was a power move by the manager.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you're willing to face the consequences for not bringing him back, be it losing out on top 4 (his form was awful, so I do believe that part is debatable), or having to pay the man to leave, getting nothing in return.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

What suspicions?
That Arteta is more moist than I actually thought, Edu isn't as dumb as I thought and the fanbase will overlook anything as long as new players keep coming through.

I'd have more respect for Mikel if he said with his chest Auba is sh*t and can't do what I require from a striker on the pitch, instead he pointed at his lateness. I hope he's still compiling dossiers on certain man anyways.

El Duderino

That Arteta is more moist than I actually thought, Edu isn't as dumb as I thought and the fanbase will overlook anything as long as new players keep coming through.

I'd have more respect for Mikel if he said with his chest Auba is sh*t and can't do what I require from a striker on the pitch than he and the fanbase point at his lateness. I hope he's still compiling dossiers on certain man anyways.

Likely had a dossier on how many donuts Smith Rowe and Laca were stealing from the cafeteria.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's basicaly it. It was a power move by the manager.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you're willing to face the consequences for not bringing him back, be it losing out on top 4 (his form was awful, so I do believe that part is debatable), or having to pay the man to leave, getting nothing in return.

Our only option was a dusted Lacazette.

shoot for the top

The most authoritarian part of me understands wanting to have strict standards of behaviour, and I guess that if you’re accountable to employers then you need evidence (even though it’s a terrible look). But why in the **** did we give him a new contract if it was such a persistent problem!?

Poorly handled by the looks of it.
We gave him a new contract because he was productive.

shoot for the top

Yeah if he was still banging the goals it would've been water under the bridge. The lack of foresight the club showed by giving him a massive contract despite some of the issues compounded once Auba hit a rough patch. I agree with @samspade that it was poorly handled all around.
If you havn't noticed, Auba's performance only started to decline with teta. The club probably thought any manager can get Auba scoring.

D

Deleted member 102404

We gave him a new contract because he was productive.
Exactly.
Before the contract, the last 20 games of the season and the semi final and final of the FA Cup he was excellent - under Arteta.
There are no excuses for Auba in his last 18 months with us. He was just poor. You don’t get to play poorly and still turn up late. If he was still banging the goals in, maybe we could have accommodated him, but as it was, booting him was 100% the correct decision.

D

Deleted member 102404

If you havn't noticed, Auba's performance only started to decline with teta. The club probably thought any manager can get Auba scoring.
He was just as good under Arteta in 19/20 as he was under Emery and Wenger.
As soon as he got his contract…

D

Deleted member 102404

Not true. In 19/20, Auba scored 7 goals after Arteta came in, but he scored 14 goals when Emery was manager.
Nonsense
In the 19/20 season Auba scored 11 PL goals before Arteta arrived and 11 PL goals after Arteta arrived. He also scored in both the semi final and final of the FA Cup under Arteta.
There was no problem under Arteta at all in that season.
The poor form started when he signed his new contract.

shoot for the top

Nonsense
In the 19/20 season Auba scored 11 PL goals before Arteta arrived and 11 PL goals after Arteta arrived. He also scored in both the semi final and final of the FA Cup under Arteta.
There was no problem under Arteta at all in that season.
The poor form started when he signed his new contract.
Did you forget about this? You think this is down to Auba?

1660080015073.png

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Mikel Arteta made his final decision on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang because he looked into his eyes & felt the ‘trust’ was not there between them. Aubameyang travelled to Barcelona to seal his transfer - something the club only learnt from social media posts.

Sometimes you just know everything you need to by looking someone in the eyes.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Mikel Arteta made his final decision on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang because he looked into his eyes & felt the ‘trust’ was not there between them. Aubameyang travelled to Barcelona to seal his transfer - something the club only learnt from social media posts.

Sometimes you just know everything you need to by looking someone in the eyes.
Mickal Pacino spotting lies through people's eyes

tony montana GIF

D

Deleted member 102404

Did you forget about this? You think this is down to Auba?

View attachment 8391
That had nothing to do with the wrong numbers you posted about the 19/20 season.
As I said, Auba was fine under Arteta that year. He was scoring goals.
His form dropped after he signed the contract.
In 20/21 and 21/22 , yes, Auba carries his fair share of blame for our lack of goals . He was ****. Of course, not all.

shoot for the top

That had nothing to do with the wrong numbers you posted about the 19/20 season.
As I said, Auba was fine under Arteta that year. He was scoring goals.
His form dropped after he signed the contract.
In 20/21 and 21/22 , yes, Auba carries his fair share of blame for our lack of goals . He was ****.
He form dropped with Arteta. In the prem, he definitely went down in productivity which I have mentioned earlier. You can't blame a whole team's poor attacking stats on one player.

Top Bottom