• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Do you go to Barca and get best striker stats in all 5 European leagues if you’re sh!t? And why would Arteta give him a bumper new contract if he was sh!t. Did they fall out? Did Auba just have a dry spell, like Kane? Hopefully, AON will answer some of this stuff.
I'm just tired of arguing in circles. The fact is Auba could have been a heinous piece of sh*t and a menace to society and still be starting at the club if he was scoring 20 plus. That's all that matters to the people running the club and the majority of fans.

It just is what it is, people who really care about him being late are full of it, he's been late for years.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Auba and Laca's only crime was that they were sh*t and it's about time I and everyone else who didn't like it accepted it.

Certain man being around today just proves the culture and behavioral stuff is a bunch of malarkey. The club has no values if you look at how they've gone on for the past few years.

Even in the documentary he was dropped after the United game because he wasn't playing well, then all of a sudden less than a week later the disciplinary stuff became a massive issue and he never played again. A few weeks prior when even Arteta came out in interviews and said Auba was playing well despite not scoring prolifically like before absolutely none of it was an issue. Then all of a sudden we lose to Liverpool, United, he's not scoring or playing well and goals is a problem for the team so he takes the brunt of it. The issues didn't become important until he was having a torrid time on the pitch.

The behavioural stuff is bullshit like you say, there's been too much evidence of rules being bent for certain players and stricter for others to take any of that nonsense seriously. The bottom line is at Auba's age and his performances dramatically declining, Arteta felt it was best to move on. That's the reality.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think we can find some common ground, Auba wasn't the devil and simply just wasn't performing like he could've, but on the flip side he probably wouldn't have got us top 4 if he stayed like some suggest simply because of how he was playing and how the system didn't suite him. My only issue now is the fact a lot of people now won't appreciate what Auba gave to the club which for the most part was a lot of goals in a side that was really struggling and one of the lowest points in our recent history and at times carried us on his back.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm just tired of arguing in circles. The fact is Auba could have been a heinous piece of sh*t and a menace to society and still be starting at the club if he was scoring 20 plus. That's all that matters to the people running the club and the majority of fans.

It just is what it is, people who really care about him being late are full of it, he's been late for years.
Ah! Got you. You mean your worth to Arteta’s ambition trumps all kinds of behaviour.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't think there's anything deep to this whole issue.

You tolerate lax behaviour from star players while they're performing. When they stop performing to that high level the lax behaviour is a good excuse to kick them out of the club.

Özil was in a similar, if more extreme boat.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Ah! Got you. You mean your worth to Arteta’s ambition trumps all kinds of behaviour.

You could replace "Arteta's ambition" with "Arsenal" and suddenly that sentence doesn't seem all that surprising or insightful...

I've been a member here since 2006 but haven't posted here since, well pretty much 2006. Forums aren't really my cup of tea, even signing up in the first place took a few years of soul searching.

Anyway I feel compelled to post now for 2 reasons.

Firstly, for the first time in a long time I'm excited and engaged as an arsenal fan.

The second reason is longer but I'll try keep it short...

What on earth has happened to "Arsenal" fans? Seems like half the people here are happy to cut off their nose to spite their face. And the other half get branded as "artetasexuals" for the unforgiveable crime of 'backing our manager'. What do you guys think being a "supporter" is exactly? It's not a rational and objective process. If it was we'd all be supporting man city...

I was/am a huge fan of Wenger and how it all ended still makes me sad. But one of the worst bits of it for me was that the """fans""" now seem to have a taste for enforcing change through action. On principle there isn't much wrong with this, in many ways the club are and should be beholden to us, the fans. In practice, there are more than a few problems. We live in a post-truth society where anyone with a keyboard feels entitled to share views on anything and everything despite not knowing much about the facts and context. And then these opinions get amplified on social media and take on a life of their own.

Not saying you shouldn't have an opinion. Thats why this forum exists - to air opinions. But have humility for the love of God. And acknowledge the limitations of your knowledge.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You could replace "Arteta's ambition" with "Arsenal" and suddenly that sentence doesn't seem all that surprising or insightful...

I've been a member here since 2006 but haven't posted here since, well pretty much 2006. Forums aren't really my cup of tea, even signing up in the first place took a few years of soul searching.

Anyway I feel compelled to post now for 2 reasons.

Firstly, for the first time in a long time I'm excited and engaged as an arsenal fan.

The second reason is longer but I'll try keep it short...

What on earth has happened to "Arsenal" fans? Seems like half the people here are happy to cut off their nose to spite their face. And the other half get branded as "artetasexuals" for the unforgiveable crime of 'backing our manager'. What do you guys think being a "supporter" is exactly? It's not a rational and objective process. If it was we'd all be supporting man city...

I was/am a huge fan of Wenger and how it all ended still makes me sad. But one of the worst bits of it for me was that the """fans""" now seem to have a taste for enforcing change through action. On principle there isn't much wrong with this, in many ways the club are and should be beholden to us, the fans. In practice, there are more than a few problems. We live in a post-truth society where anyone with a keyboard feels entitled to share views on anything and everything despite not knowing much about the facts and context. And then these opinions get amplified on social media and take on a life of their own.

Not saying you shouldn't have an opinion. Thats why this forum exists - to air opinions. But have humility for the love of God. And acknowledge the limitations of your knowledge.

Absolute garbage.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Non negotiable eh? Does that include every player?

Any player, even if it's a star player they shouldn't get beneficial treatment and allowed to act unprofessionally.

Ferguson didn't take any crap from star players (Beckham, Stam, Keane etc), it his way or the highway. Ferguson was praised for this and rightly so.

Bloodbather

Established Member

McKola and Rory are so painful to watch on these debates, ffs.

Least they have an actual Arsenal fan when discussing us though.
The insecurity about the direction of their own teams really comes through. Especially with Adam, who, from what I've seen on that channel over the years, is absolutely woeful at analysis because his sentimental side far overrides his rational side.

Rory's point about "modern PL standards" is off as well. Arteta is only the 7th longest tenured manager in the PL right now, his tenure is just about average length for modern PL standards.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Ah stfu man.

What on earth are you going to do about it?
Nothing but then again it shows your level. Can see your future post on this episode trying to be intelligent, "fair and balanced" whilst it's based on your own feelings 😂

Macho

Dusted 🔻

This is what I'm saying, just take it on the chin.

"Plis don't comment on it guize we don't know di fax"

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

Latest posts

Top Bottom