• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yeah it’s almost as if you’ve got a six sense that identifies players who have the ability to piss managers off! Who’s next then?
Hard to say now as they are all his very expensive babies. Hard to throw your own child under the bus.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
After seeing what happened with Emery no wonder Arteta took such a strong line, he saw players who were half ars*ng it during matches never mind training. Whatever you can say about Arteta's team now during a match everyone puts in a shift, I imagine nearly everyone puts in a shift in training as well.

Lets think back and remember how many people gave out about Wenger's relaxed attitude towards players, how many applauded Ferguson for his no nonsense management style, yet some of the same people are criticising Arteta for being tough on players.

I dont think theres a manager at the top level who isnt tough on players right now. Maybe Ancelotti but Madrid is a different kettle of fish, its more about managing and massaging the egos to get a performance.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

After seeing what happened with Emery no wonder Arteta took such a strong line, he saw players who were half ars*ng it during matches never mind training. Whatever you can say about Arteta's team now during a match everyone puts in a shift, I imagine nearly everyone puts in a shift in training as well.

Lets think back and remember how many people gave out about Wenger's relaxed attitude towards players, how many applauded Ferguson for his no nonsense management style, yet some of the same people are criticising Arteta for being tough on players.

I dont think theres a manager at the top level who isnt tough on players right now. Maybe Ancelotti but Madrid is a different kettle of fish, its more about managing and massaging the egos to get a performance.

The tough stuff doesn't bang when you're not very good and finish anywhere from 8th-5th.

Arteta's super powers are that he gets to do up super market sweep every summer and his media pals, that's it.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

I think this is pretty spot on. When you look at last season you can accuse artetas Arsenal of many things (lack of mental fortitude, lack of depth, lack of quality in certain positions, wrong tactical choices in certain games) but what you can’t say is that the team as a whole stopped playing for him, stopped running for him etc. You don’t have to look far to see examples of this happening in the league (Utd, Chelsea every few years, even arguably Arsenal at the end of emery). Arteta has never come close to “losing” the dressing room imo despite his very “unique” methods, despite him shunting out auba et Al. Wonder why that is? He’s also managed to secure backing from the owners and lure jesus and zinchenko here. Some people dismiss this all as “idiots being under his spell” - I’d say bringing people under your spell is a very important part of the job (or any managerial job for that matter…). Getting your team to buy in to your vision is step 1 to getting anywhere. The polarisation of opinion on this is very strange. The haters don’t/can’t acknowledge that he has some good qualities, the lovers think he can turn water to wine… I don’t understand why people always feel the need to erect a fence and take a side. Do you really need to derive value by being proven right on a point that doesn’t even really exist?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can you imagine if Wenger did one of these the season we finished runners up or 6th, with the players and personalities he had back then? One thing we’ve got now that we didn’t have back then I strongly suspect, was a united dressing room. I bet it was pure carnage compared to this, not that I’ve seen much of this or plan to.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Can you imagine if Wenger did one of these the season we finished runners up or 6th, with the players and personalities he had back then? One thing we’ve got now that we didn’t have back then I strongly suspect, was a united dressing room. I bet it was pure carnage compared to this, not that I’ve seen much of this or plan to.

We wouldn't have to go that far back, I'm sure it was chaos when the club finished 8th with Willian giving up on the project, late from Dubai and etc.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Watching the Auba saga, it's how you imagine it...when Arteta wants you gone, there is no way back...which isn't an ideal way for a manager to act, tbh.

Quite funny how Edu and everyone seemed to want Pierre to stay, but seemed too afraid to actually tell Mikel...not like most of you are his actual bosses or anything 😅

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This Auba stuff is a no win situation.

Half this forum was predicting that the documentary would skate the issue then it actually goes into it in some depth and they're shocked a documentary about Arsenal focuses more on the club's side than Auba's 😂

He went rogue and flew off to Barca without the club's permission. Even Özil wasn't pulling stuff like that. I love him as a player and I think he's probably a nice guy but he gets a pass with all his unprofessional stuff by the majority on here just so they can sling mud at the club / Arteta endlessly.

Not saying that Arteta doesn't deserve blame but a 30 year old guy couldn't be bothered to turn up to work on time multiple times even after being disciplined for the same issue. Arteta wouldn't have the lateness excuse to bin Auba without him acting unprofessionally. Auba made a rod for his own back there really. Gave Arteta grounds to bin him.

He's got enough money to pay for a minder to get him to work on time if for some inexplicable reason if he's incapable of doing it himself.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Half this forum was predicting that the documentary would skate the issue then it actually goes into it in some depth about it and they're shocked a documentary about Arsenal focuses more on the club's side than Auba's 😂

He went rogue and flew off to Barca without the club's permission. I love him as a player and I think he's probably a nice guy but he gets a pass with all his unprofessional stuff by the majority on here just so they can sling mud at the club endlessly.

Not saying that Arteta doesn't deserve blame but a 30 year old guy couldn't turn up to work on time. Arteta wouldn't have the lateness excuse to bin Auba without him acting unprofessionally. Auba made a rod for his own back there really. Gave Arteta grounds to bin him.

Agree with everything, except...

Auba was much closer to 33 than he was to 30 when this was filmed, and that's a fact!

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He went rogue and flew off to Barca without the club's permission. I love him as a player and I think he's probably a nice guy but he gets a pass with all his unprofessional stuff by the majority on here just so they can sling mud at the club / Arteta endlessly.
Nah, that's not the case. Most have an issue with the blatant double standards and inconsistencies, I even forgot the Willian thing that I brought up.

You should be glad Auba took the initiative and bounced because Edu and Vinai were leaning towards getting him "to help us get into Europe". Arteta's rash and personal agenda put the club in a very uncomfortable position as you clearly saw in the doc, but all a lot of you guys did was cling unto Auba's punctuality and his salary.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

Going from what people think that period was, probably the dressing room wouldn't have fights, just players crying and then comforting themselves doing balloons

Gave us better football than what this stickler is giving us

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

Half this forum was predicting that the documentary would skate the issue then it actually goes into it in some depth and they're shocked a documentary about Arsenal focuses more on the club's side than Auba's 😂

He went rogue and flew off to Barca without the club's permission. Even Özil wasn't pulling stuff like that. I love him as a player and I think he's probably a nice guy but he gets a pass with all his unprofessional stuff by the majority on here just so they can sling mud at the club / Arteta endlessly.
😂

The shock is that despite the dossier stuff the club really had nothing of actual interest on him. Mikel had his private death note, but it seemed everyone else at the club were scratching their head about why arriving late after visiting your mother meant exile.

We got an entire episode on the club side, all we got was Arteta waffling about how one look at Auba's eyes broke his non negotiables, and Edu admitting he's incapable of selling a world class player that half a season later Chelsea seems interested on buying.

They tried to paint this story about the manager "having balls" and a player being too much trouble for the club that he had to be forced to move on, but the material to persuade us of that view just wasn't remotely there.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

We got an entire episode on the club side, all we got was Arteta waffling about how one look at Auba's eyes broke his non negotiables, and Edu admitting he's incapable of selling a world class player that half a season later Chelsea seems interested on buying.
:lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak

Not saying that Arteta doesn't deserve blame but a 30 year old guy couldn't be bothered to turn up to work on time multiple times even after being disciplined for the same issue. Arteta wouldn't have the lateness excuse to bin Auba without him acting unprofessionally. Auba made a rod for his own back there really. Gave Arteta grounds to bin him.

He's got enough money to pay for a minder to get him to work on time if for some inexplicable reason if he's incapable of doing it himself.
Not another one of your rubbish essays. 5 paragraphs of nothing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nobody cares what you strongly suspect, you’re pulling stuff from your backside.

shoot for the top

I never thought making Auba Captain was a good choice but it happened and he accepted it so he should have known what was expected of him, If he didn't want the responsibility involved with being a Captain he should have turned it down.
If you drive a Ferrari you put premium fuel in the tank, you drive onto the motorway and you floor the accelerator. Tata filled up with diesel and went for a spin in the countryside. If that’s what he wanted, he should have bought himself a Fiat from the start.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That Arteta is more moist than I actually thought, Edu isn't as dumb as I thought and the fanbase will overlook anything as long as new players keep coming through.

I'd have more respect for Mikel if he said with his chest Auba is sh*t and can't do what I require from a striker on the pitch, instead he pointed at his lateness. I hope he's still compiling dossiers on certain man anyways.

Tbh I tried giving Arteta a chance this season but after watching that documentary and the way he conducted himself during the Auba situation, I just can’t respect it. I don’t see how people can criticise Jose Mourinho for the disrespect he gave Pogba but praise Arteta for his behaviour. I see no differences between the below and the dossier he was bragging about (had Auba not secured a move to Barca, it could have been potentially damaging for his next move):

200.gif

In terms of Edu, I actually changed my stance on him a while back but the documentary confirmed I wasn’t wrong in doing so. He clearly wanted to make the best of a bad situation and was willing to forgive/forget then integrate Auba until the end of the season as he only had the best interests of the club in mind but clearly Arteta felt some type of way and it seemed more a personal issue which is another Jose Mourinho trait.

Trust should go both ways, shouldn’t it? How can you trust a man that is plotting behind your back 🤦🏽‍♂️

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Wasn’t it Emery who made Auba captain?
What people are forgetting was that Arteta was extremely loyal to Auba. People were asking for Auba to be dropped long before he actually was. Auba’s performances were poor the entire season before last. Basically ever since he signed that contract. Fans were eventually having a go at Arteta for his loyalty to Auba. You’re all calling Arteta a dictator but this truth has escaped your minds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom