• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

GDeep™

League is very weak
We finished 5th with Emery and reached an EL final, should’ve got top 4 really. Would say at worst that was a top 6 squad.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wrong on all accounts. August 2021, this was a 6th place squad and most pundits didn't even believe that and had us finishing lower. You don't have a proven track record of knowing what you're talking about (see: your Ben White comments in his thread) so we will go off the general feel of knowledgeable fans and pundits. The season started with 3 straight losses due to our injuries and covid and they were laughing at us saying we're getting relegated. Even after dumping Auba, we finished 1 point off of 4th place which was disappointing but that was over performing whether you like it or not.

The squad Arteta inherited and had to overturn was an 8th place squad at best so spending money to replace an 8th place squad doesn't mean title expectations are now on the cards because we've out spent everybody. We had to in order to build a competitive squad and get back to CL places.

Potter wouldn't do any better here. You should just stick to waxing poetic over missing Wenger in the appropriate threads.
Lol. Like it or not bro, Arteta hasn’t got top 4 once in 3 attempts. Conte made it first time Boom. Even after out investing City, Arteta bottled it. Wenger made it 20 years straight, many of those on a shoe string. That’s what an over performing manager looks like. KSE are busting the bank to get this guy over the line just once. Keep bending over backwards to make the mediocre sound brilliant, you’re doing well. :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Potter would do better here too, I think most on here would agree. That’s not a diss on Arteta, Potter is more experienced.

We’ve reached a stage now where many discussions will come to an end, Arteta will either get top 4 here this season and really cement himself as the right man to guide us or he’ll come short and you question everything given he’s been backed in phenomenal manner.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Lol. Like it or not bro, Arteta hasn’t got top 4 once in 3 attempts. Conte made it first time Boom. Even after out investing City, Arteta bottled it. Wenger made it 20 years straight, many of those on a shoe string. That’s what an over performing manager looks like. KSE are busting the bank to get this guy over the line just once. Keep bending over backwards to make the mediocre sound brilliant, you’re doing well. :lol:
Sp**s have clearly had a better squad than us for some time now. Your point really isn't hitting here. Also, you should really stop with the hyperbole and putting words into other mouths. I have never said Arteta was brilliant. Ever. You quickly fall apart when somebody disagrees with you.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
If the supposed búms we had under Emery could half arse it and finish on 70 points and reach a European final, but Micky's team of hard workers can't even match that, then what does that say about the latter?
Tbf Emery wasnt a bad manager and his setup suited some of the players a lot, and it was notable that some players really did put in an effort. Because we sat deep that suited Aubemeyang and Lacazette down to a tee, some of the combinations they made were amazing but both got older and Aubemeyang really did lose pace. Then we had players like Koscielny (I know hes hated by some but I think he was top class) and then of course Ramsey... our entire season seemed to go by whether Ramsey was playing or not.

One other thing I would say, Emery became very defensive and very boring. It can work for a while but generally teams who play that style will run in to problems - Mourinho, Conte etc. all have run in to the same problem. Arteta used a defensive system to win an FA cup but knew he had to ditch it.

Tbf to Arteta as well he is also playing a very young team, and while Emery did give some of those players a start the age profile was much higher. 69 points vs 70 is a fairly small difference, lets see how his team of hard workers do this season, it looks promising to me.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Potter would do better here too, I think most on here would agree. That’s not a diss on Arteta, Potter is more experienced.
Potter would have got top 4 already, no doubt. But Arteta has talked Stan into giving him blank cheques. A talent not to be sniffed at.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sp**s have clearly had a better squad than us for some time now. Your point really isn't hitting here. Also, you should really stop with the hyperbole and putting words into other mouths. I have never said Arteta was brilliant. Ever. You quickly fall apart when somebody disagrees with you.
We had a better squad than Sp**s at the start of last season. You wouldn’t swap most of their players for ours, outside Kane, Son and Lloris.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Strange though, Arteta's having to spend the most of any team in Europe and took his 3rd season to get back to what Unai acheived with players arsing about in one season. Very odd.
Yeah, I think the context matters quite a lot, Emery had some sort of players and team to work with but it was a short term success at best, it didnt take long for the wheels to fall of. I will say Arteta has probably spent more than what he needed, so he could clear out the squad rather than just bring in a few stopgaps... which I think nearly everyone here was hoping for tbh. And as Ive said the age profile is massively different in the squad.

Saying all that I will make no arguments other than Emery got completely fkd over by Gazizdis and Sanlehi and its possible he would've been successful if they had brought in the players he wanted.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sp**s having a better overall squad is not a fact. And I can’t see you having any other opinion of Arteta the amount of twerking you do for him. :lol:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
We had a better squad than Sp**s at the start of last season. You wouldn’t swap most of their players for ours, outside Kane, Son and Lloris.
So the best striker in the league, a golden boot winner and one of the most experienced/reliable keepers in the league. They are players who can make a big difference.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

So the best striker in the league, a golden boot winner and one of the most experienced/reliable keepers in the league. They are players who can make a big difference.
Not to mention that the St Totteringham's Day guest book is covered in dust. The liquidity of their agendas certainly is something.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
The tough stuff doesn't bang when you're not very good and finish anywhere from 8th-5th.

Arteta's super powers are that he gets to do up super market sweep every summer and his media pals, that's it.
Yeah, getting the backing he has is insane, but I'll wait to see what happens this season to judge him. Ive been for him, against him and neutral at different times... but now he has had time to develop the team, enough backing to bring in the players he wants. It is his team now and it looks formiddable so its down to him to get more from the players than their individual contributions

GDeep™

League is very weak
We had Auba ffs, that’s a 1 in 2 guy. Better defenders, better mids, they have nobody that can touch Partey.

Better bench strength. They were also in turmoil.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not to mention that the St Totteringham's Day guest book is covered in dust. The liquidity of their agendas certainly is something.
Only agenda is you, and you’re poor at it. What is my agenda? Anti Arteta? I wanted him to get his new contract you *****.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Only agenda is you, and you’re poor at it. What is my agenda? Anti Arteta? I wanted him to get his new contract you *****.
I'm sorry you're upset and have to lash out. My apologies, Gary. Your agenda being that Sp**s are better than us, which they have been for some time, to change up in this discussion and claim we had a better squad than them at the start of last season.

Top Bottom