• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

ThePortugueseGunner

We're playing good football, as he is getting the players he wants to shape the team as he pleases. I'm curious to see if we can keep up the pace when European football comes in, but it's an exciting start for the season!

This is the season where Mikel can either turn my overall negative opinion on his work, or confirm that he's not up to the task. We have invested, we have a good, young squad. It's very hard to get top-4, but I demand we fight for it until the very end, while doing some decent cup runs. Europa League may also have a key role in getting Champions League football next season.

Let's do this!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lol so many man have gotten sacked since Arteta got hired. The time he's been afforded and money pumped into the squad he's probably a different manager to the one that walked in. Absolutely rubbish stat.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s a strange stat to use since all other top teams have changed managers since then. There are no other comparisons.
Instead City has won almost 50% more games in the same time. That’s mid table stuff

But haven't theoher teams changed manager because of poor performance? Only stay that really matters in league finish.

It's not all as bad as some make out though

Macho

Dusted 🔻

But haven't theoher teams changed manager because of poor performance?
There were times more than once where he didn't perform though. The club kept him on when others might have not, so there's a big asterisk on that stat with Arteta being given the time and expenditure to rack up those wins.

Lampard got top 4 with mostly academy talent but he's seen as an inferior manager for eg. he's already done what Arteta is trying to do and got told to gtfo.

Slug457

Top post again bro. Shelling out vast quantities of money on quality players gets the fans excited every time. Like giving kids toys, it’s a no brainier. Add a stack of PR about the process and what’s coming, like a big movie trailer, and they’re hooked.

The club has now got to deliver of course. But with that amount of spending it’s going to be very hard to fail. The acquisitions this year have been the icing on the cake.
Oh for sure, and make no bones about it the primary reason i'm hopeful this season is the unprecedented amount of spending and the fact the acquisitions are proven high level players unlike last. Money talks in football, you understand that and have explained that better than anyone on AM. The massive level of support/optimism among the fans is vital also, if we were still in the dark days of mass negativity in the stadiums i'd have us finishing 6th at best.

Think even Tet lovers concede there is no excuses this season. Has built his own squad. The league is tougher now guff is being shown up with Utd a shambles and Chelsea potentially unstable with new ownership. Has had years of free hits to learn on the job. Has the total support of the board/fans and players with the Aubas and the others long gone. I can't comprehend failure under these circumstances, if somehow we do fail he has to go, otherwise permanent damage will be done. We've spent our way out of permanent damage so far with the back to back 8th seasons, that can't go on forever.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

lol so many man have gotten sacked since Arteta got hired. The time he's been afforded and money pumped into the squad he's probably a different manager to the one that walked in. Absolutely rubbish stat.
But, but, but, only now has he got the players that can play his way bro. The reason we were poor before is that players weren’t good enough. The PrOcEsS.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

But, but, but, only now has he got the players that can play his way bro. The reason we were poor before is that players weren’t good enough. The PrOcEsS.
I'm happy try and to ignore the past, it is largely his team now so lets see if his brand of football is actually worth the churn.

Repainting the past however and making him seem better than he has been though, f*ck that. It's literally been suffering for 3 years not really here for anyone sugar coating it. Poor.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Oh for sure, and make no bones about it the primary reason i'm hopeful this season is the unprecedented amount of spending and the fact the acquisitions are proven high level players unlike last. Money talks in football, you understand that and have explained that better than anyone on AM. The massive level of support/optimism among the fans is vital also, if we were still in the dark days of mass negativity in the stadiums i'd have us finishing 6th at best.

Think even Tet lovers concede there is no excuses this season. Has built his own squad. The league is tougher now guff is being shown up with Utd a shambles and Chelsea potentially unstable with new ownership. Has had years of free hits to learn on the job. Has the total support of the board/fans and players with the Aubas and the others long gone. I can't comprehend failure under these circumstances, if somehow we do fail he has to go, otherwise permanent damage will be done. We've spent our way out of permanent damage so far with the back to back 8th seasons, that can't go on forever.
For two years solid on here, posters were trying to make out that a toxic atmosphere shouldn’t be able to affect a professional manager and players. Lol. The effect of a crowd both positive and negative is actually very measurable in the difference between home and away results. Home wins average out around 50%, away wins under 30%.

Arteta’s had every advantage: time, overwhelming support from club and fans, the highest spend in Europe. He surely isn’t that bad that he can’t grasp this opportunity and challenge for the title.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nah the dude has dragged some of us through this process kicking and screaming damn near. Two 8th placed finishes, 5th when there was only the league to play since January and guys want to tally up his wins from 2019???

Get that out of here man @mods please delete

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Nah the dude has dragged some of us through this process kicking and screaming damn near. Two 8th placed finishes, 5th when there was only the league to play since January and guys want to tally up his wins from 2019???

Get that out of here man @mods please delete
You got to expect it bro. Most people see the world in a different way when they get Jesus in their lives.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
That 3rd most wins stat is kind of pointless to be honest.

Fair enough he's behind Klopp and Pep on merit but Chelsea, Sp**s, Man Utd ( our rivals) etc have all changed managers in that time period. It's not a fair comparison. Tuchel or whoever is bound to have less wins within that 2.5 year time frame considering he's only been Chelsea manager for a year or whatever :lol:

Who are we comparing Arteta to fairly over the timeframe that he's done better than, Moyes? Rodgers? It's not that impressive really.

I'm pro Arteta but it's a biased stat that may look impressive on first reading but there's very little to read into it other than most clubs go through managers at a pretty extreme rate.

Slug457

He surely isn’t that bad that he can’t grasp this opportunity and challenge for the title.
Don't believe he is good enough unfortunately. Now if we'd had Conte all these years with this spend absolutely, if there'd never been a WOB campaign and Arsène had this spend and fan support we'd already have won a title. Again, hopefully he surprises us but i'm keeping expectations to top 3 for now, 4th will be fine :lol:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Don't believe he is good enough unfortunately. Now if we'd had Conte all these years with this spend absolutely,
Conte wouldn't be here. He hasn't stayed anywhere longer than 3 seasons so he'd be gone starting this season.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Conte wouldn't be here. He hasn't stayed anywhere longer than 3 seasons so he'd be gone starting this season.
Probably. Unsure if Edu is a good fit as well, you'd need the director too and I am not sure the club would be willing.

Aslong as Edu and Arteta are aligned I'm fine with it, they really do seem to be mostly on the same page and collaborative.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom