• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Slug457

I strongly urge you to re-read the previous page (3744) and tell me none of them are unhinged :lol: if you still disagree I can start naming names but surely I shouldn't have to 🤔
I don't see anything i'd classify as unhinged. The any AM user could do it comment is clearly sarcasm/parody to make a point, if you take any random Joe and give him Man City money in a league were everyone else only has pennies he'll win it comfortably.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I feel like the club really wanted to rebuild how the club works, and when we got arteta it seemed like he clicked with management and the way forward. The players seem to like him a lot. We are obviously changing, and with a new striker & LB that does the things Arteta asks for, martinelli also, probably more that's not as outspoken about it. I feel like other players will realize that most players are in on the program, and the more lazy/passive/opposing players are the minority and might step it up. "Even aubameyang was kicked".

It's taken a while, but can't you all see the difference?

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I feel like the club really wanted to rebuild how the club works, and when we got arteta it seemed like he clicked with management and the way forward. The players seem to like him a lot. We are obviously changing, and with a new striker & LB that does the things Arteta asks for, martinelli also, probably more that's not as outspoken about it. I feel like other players will realize that most players are in on the program, and the more lazy/passive/opposing players are the minority and might step it up. "Even aubameyang was kicked".

It's taken a while, but can't you all see the difference?
Yeah, the difference is we’ve spent the most money in world football the past 2 years.

Also a lot of PR.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Like I said, I think Tets is alright. He's clearly got something about him tactically and his eye for talent isn't bad.

Whilst "any A-M could do it" is a gross exaggeration, I remember certain man saying "anybody could get 4th" and almost 3 years and almost half a billi later, this geezer hasn't done it.

There is some truth to saying the club will spend until it works and if you're taking a manager with no experience and clearly learning on the job then you will have to foot the bill. I think it's abundantly clear that Arteta isn't a genius manager that's for sure.
We all know that Arteta's struggled. He's coming out of the other side though with a lot of help from the owners. That's it. There isn't much more to say about him.

But I still hate the way this forum is going. I've seen it all before, can't you feel the vibes?

Haphazard

There are indeed some people that are on Arteta's case even when he does well in a managerial sense.

But there are a lot more people that will jump on you if you doubt the process and the manager, this is the result of a PR campaign which has resulted in this fanbase celebrating 5th because we finished 8th back to back previously without realizing that Arteta was the cause.

If the same kind of backing was given to Conte or any other superior manager we would have easily qualified for the CL. That is not a dig at Arteta per say because this is his first job and has been tasked with a lot, it's more annoyance at the board that they did not act to get the best possible manager in during the last 2-3 years.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It's at the stage now where you're just pushing the 'It's all down to the money we spend that we will do fairly well this season. Arteta is being carried along for the ride. He can't fail'

Ask Man Utd fans about that sort of logic.
United fans would probably respond that during the same timeframe they've hired three managers. And while they're an absolute joke there's literally no other club on earth that would've watched a novice blunder and tumble around as long as the Kroenke's did in our case.

Of course you can point to six points in two games at the start of the season as evidence of our grand masterplan working out. But so far we've finished 8th 8th and 5th, you're right in "he can't fail" is wrong, he already failed would be correct.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
United fans would probably respond that during the same timeframe they've hired three managers. And while they're an absolute joke there's literally no other club on earth that would've watched a novice blunder and tumble around as long as the Kroenke's did in our case.

Of course you can point to six points in two games at the start of the season as evidence of our grand masterplan working out. But so far we've finished 8th 8th and 5th, you're right in "he can't fail" is wrong, he already failed would be correct.

Okay, so going on the managerial merry go round isn't necessarily the answer either then.

I've said previously that I wouldn't have appointed Arteta and there are two occasions where I think he should have been sacked but he wasn't and I think over the past year or so we've seen a pretty good, though not great upswing in our fortunes.

I don't see how he has 'already failed' sure, particularly his second season was abject but if he goes on to win the title in 2-3 years most fans would think that's a price worth paying. Until he's sacked or leaves of his own accord I don't think we can judge his whole tenure as a success or failure.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
The levels of brainlessness and delusion reached on this forum when it involves being anti Arteta is hilarious :lol:
Reckon it’s my comment that’s sent them into shambles tbh. I’ve heard Arsenal fans care about exciting football. I’ve seen them clutching their pearls in the match threads when it’s topsy turvy, don’t know how they ever coped with Wengerball.

We are going to pop this season, whether they like it or not.

Just for anyone who’s forgotten the beauty of the Watford goals.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Okay, so going on the managerial merry go round isn't necessarily the answer either then.
Leaving him in the job clearly wasn't the answer unless you think there's no manager who could've done better than 8th and 5th. Managerial merry go rounds can be successful as seen with Sp**s and Chelsea.
I've said previously that I wouldn't have appointed Arteta and there are two occasions where I think he should have been sacked but he wasn't and I think over the past year or so we've seen a pretty good, though not great upswing in our fortunes.
Appointing Arteta wasn't the mistake at the time, it was a big risk but if someone saw potential in him I don't blame the club trying someone left field or inexperienced. Not cutting your losses when he was both not delivering results and alienating a bunch of players was the mistake as you've acknowledged yourself.
I don't see how he has 'already failed' sure, particularly his second season was abject but if he goes on to win the title in 2-3 years most fans would think that's a price worth paying. Until he's sacked or leaves of his own accord I don't think we can judge his whole tenure as a success or failure.
That doesn't compute. If he's given 300m every season until 2026 and eventually wins the title at that point in time because Klopp and Guardiola retired does that mean *he* was a success? What if another manager would've gotten us there in half the time and/or funding?

Corbulo

Making dossiers on players indiscretions and convincing the ownership to get rid at any cost isn't something I can align with. I like our squad but I’m not a fan of the manager and the propaganda machine. It was only three months ago that we gave away a Champions League spot.

If Arteta wants to become a top manager he must forget about his ‘non-negotiables’ and stop putting his foot down on trivialities. Imagine him handling the Invincibles. Just being strict so everyone sees there are rules for everyone will not help him in the long run. It works with our kids though. They still have idealistic views of the adults around them.

Tuchel and Klopp have handled Auba differently and it's worked out for them. Arteta looked him in his eyes and realised that the trust was gone. I'll give him a pass he's probably also a rookie psychic. It's not Arteta's fault that he was manipulated by the spirit manifestations.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Making dossiers on players indiscretions and convincing the ownership to get rid at any cost isn't something I can align with. I like our squad but I’m not a fan of the manager and the propaganda machine. It was only three months ago that we gave away a Champions League spot.

If Arteta wants to be one of the best managers in the world he must forget about his ‘non-negotiables’ and stop putting his foot down on trivialities. Imagine him handling the Invincibles. Just being strict so everyone sees there are rules for everyone will not help him in the long run. It works with our kids though. They still have idealistic views of the adults around them.

Tuchel and Klopp have handled Auba differently and it's worked out for them. Arteta looked him in his eyes and realised that the trust was gone. I'll give him a pass he's probably also a rookie psychic. It's not Arteta's fault that he was manipulated by the spirit manifestations.

Similarly punished with suspension. If he was their captain he'd have been stripped too.
Not an Arteta problem but an Auba problem.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
For me, the most frustrating thing (and also exciting if I think about it) is that we are STILL not playing to our potential and STILL look shaky in matches. We were still too close to being beaten by both Palace and Leicester this season. Opposition fans and clown pundits like Carragher and Neville think we have reached our peak level already, but we are still not there yet.

While watching Chelsea Sp**s last night, I realised where we must be in terms of control. The way Chelsea overwhelmed and controlled Sp**s in every area of the pitch was magnificent to watch. Not just because I want to see Sp**s lose always, but also because that is our football right there.

We need to control every facet of play for 95 minutes, against almost any team in the league. That's what we are training at Colney everyday, and that's what we are seeing for spells of 20-40 minutes so far this season.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
For me, the most frustrating thing (and also exciting if I think about it) is that we are STILL not playing to our potential and STILL look shaky in matches. We were still too close to being beaten by both Palace and Leicester this season.

While watching Chelsea Sp**s last night, I realised where we must be in terms of control. The way Chelsea overwhelmed and controlled Sp**s in every area of the pitch was magnificent to watch. Not just because I want to see Sp**s lose always, but also because that is our football right there.

We need to control every facet of play for 95 minutes, against almost any team in the league. That's what we are training at Colney everyday, and that's what we are seeing for spells of 20-40 minutes so far this season.

I agree. What do you suspect is the reason why we're unable to control matches for 70+ minutes?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Yeah, the difference is we’ve spent the most money in world football the past 2 years.

Also a lot of PR.
Well, spending more doesn't always mean results. Plenty of teams has been spending a lot over the last 10 years and not made good steps.

If we had Klopp last year and now again this year, I bet you wouldn't say it's just because of money.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Similarly punished with suspension. If he was their captain he'd have been stripped too.
Not an Arteta problem but an Auba problem.
Despite being late he scored ****loads for them, got them into CL every year and even when their relationship broke down they got 60m for him.

At Arsenal Auba stopped scoring, his manager compiled a dossier and paid another club to take him off our hands. Absolutely an Arteta (and his superiors) problem.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
For me, the most frustrating thing (and also exciting if I think about it) is that we are STILL not playing to our potential and STILL look shaky in matches. We were still too close to being beaten by both Palace and Leicester this season.

Agree with palace game. Not with Leicester. Just look at this -

We were in control totally. 2 goals we conceded should never have been goals. Both were just individual errors.

Leicester started the game better for few min and were ok for few min after Rodgers subs. This happens. I don't think any team can control literally every minute in 95 minutes.

I don't get Chelsea Sp**s example. Yes Chelsea dominated similar to us but they ended up giving far more (and better) opportunities to Sp**s than we ever gave to Leicester (though Sp**s are much better than Leicester, just comparing the control in these 2 games)

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom