• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Mate weren't you extremely Arteta in 1 year ago, even after seeing him finish 8th and get booted out of Europe? I remember people calling you hairspray.

Some people have more patience you know, considering other factors exist which keeps the patience stand.
I was Arteta in first half of the year. Because in general the team was playing well and I don’t like mid season changes. I even said then though I wanted him fired after first season because of Willian debacle, but we can’t fire a guy who was at one point I believe on a ten match unbeaten streak. His debacle end of last season made me see the error of my ways and lose all faith in him. I like pulling the shirt from Leno for Ramsdale and still give him credit for that. I regret ever defending him. And if Arteta wins the league this year I’ll kiss his skinny Jeans wearing backside publicly for all you sexuals and be happy to do it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
No need.

If what you claim is true that's even more disturbing, then the manager clearly has lower expectations on what constitutes success than all the fans. If so surely he is unsuited to the job. It's not however as I've seen/heard guys say last season was a success, their arguments being we had the youngest team in the division, had been on a downward trajectory for a while and so to get us back competing for a top 4 position again was a success. I disagree with it but it is a view that exists.

I've conceded your right about aspects about my initial post, saying fans were "happy" with 8th is wrong, many were content with it but not happy, sort of implying that Arteta fans were do or die last season/season before then moved the goal posts is a exaggeration, some were but the majority have been willing to give him time up till this point. But your argument about no fans considering last season a success when the manager himself does is absurd :lol:

Interesting that you're not criticising the post that you liked that insulted me, but when I insult back there's "no need". Very interesting. You're not Greek are you by any chance? :lol:

As for the first bolded, yes I expect this. Fans want to win, managers want to win and keep their jobs. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest in context. It also isn't a claim if the manager is saying he's happy and you can't find a single fan who is happy, its actively being demonstrated.

As for the second bolded, isn't it telling that literally no one has named a single fan who fits this description? You're happy to layer rhetoric on top of more rhetoric, obfuscate to your heart's content lad but give me a single name and I'll accept I was wrong :lol:

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
New season, new signings. I am fully Arteta in at the moment but I'm open for changes.

I was Arteta in first half of the year. Because in general the team was playing well and I don’t like mid season changes. I even said then though I wanted him fired after first season because of Willian debacle, but we can’t fire a guy who was at one point I believe on a ten match unbeaten streak. His debacle end of last season made me see the error of my ways and lose all faith in him. I like pulling the shirt from Leno for Ramsdale and still give him credit for that. I regret ever defending him. And if Arteta wins the league this year I’ll kiss his skinny Jeans wearing backside publicly for all you sexuals and be happy to do it.
You flipflop!

Farzad Stoned

New season, new signings. I am fully Arteta in at the moment but I'm open for changes.

You flipflop!
Absolutely it is called changing your position when new facts arise to account for new information. What you call flip flop I call rationality. He isn’t my cousin or something, as soon as I lose faith in him getting Arsenal to where i as a fan want it to be I want him out. And PS if the bugger wins league I’ll pucker up for him as will the rest of his critics. A manager just has to win something that matters for people to love him, if you want loyalty buy a dog.

Slug457

Interesting that you're not criticising the post that you liked that insulted me, but when I insult back there's "no need"
I'm pretty sure you got the ball rolling on that by calling his and others posts "unhinged". I could easily say a post saying we play the best football is unhinged (assuming it was not a joke/sarcasm) but people are entitled to opinions. But i'd rather non of us insult either way.

, isn't it telling that literally no one has named a single fan who fits this description?

The guy here gives the season a 7-8, the guy at the beginning of the video a 7. Not watching beyond that but i'd imagine there are other 7-8s in there which is success territory for me. Big Arteta stans will go along with what the manager thinks and definitely consider it a success also.

I'm not claiming the majority considered it a success but certainly some did. Even I as a Arteta critic concede we improved and took a step forward, albeit from the horrific low point of 8th.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

No you are correct it wasn’t you my mistake some other guy @db10_therza i believe and DJCrapstar my apologies
What the heck are you talking about? I've not said it was an 'ok' season? It sucked ass, largely because of the way it ended. Do I think it was completely devoid of merit? No, I think I saw some promising patterns of play and some progress but then again I'm capable of comprehending more than binary outcomes. You're just throwing horseshit around and seeing what sticks...

Farzad Stoned

I'm pretty sure you got the ball rolling on that by calling his and others posts "unhinged". I could easily say a post saying we play the best football is unhinged (assuming it was not a joke/sarcasm) but people are entitled to opinions. But i'd rather non of us insult either way.

The guy here gives the season a 7-8, the guy at the beginning of the video a 7. Not watching beyond that but i'd imagine there are other 7-8s in there which is success territory for me. Big Arteta stans will go along with what the manager thinks and definitely consider it a success also.

I'm not claiming the majority considered it a success but certainly some did. Even I as a Arteta critic concede we improved and took a step forward, albeit from the horrific low point of 8th.
What bothers me the most is how complacently everyone acquiesced to a horrific collapse to the worst possible team to gift it to. 5th and humiliation by Sp**s has never, ever been ok before Arteta. The most damning indictment of the man is he has lowered the standards at Arsenal.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Absolutely it is called changing your position when new facts arise to account for new information. What you call flip flop I call rationality. He isn’t my cousin or something, as soon as I lose faith in him getting Arsenal to where i as a fan want it to be I want him out. And PS if the bugger wins league I’ll pucker up for him as will the rest of his critics. A manager just has to win something that matters for people to love him, if you want loyalty buy a dog.
The bold part is amazing. We are playing exciting football currently and have people slowly fear us. Arteta is immortal at the moment.
Take my invite and become an Inner again!

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
It's just semantics, it's hard to bother finding someone saying the exact words, but pretending the fans weren't there happily singing super Mik will take us to the CL is a bit silly

If you want to look at it from another angle Arteta succesfully got the fans on his side after the great achievement of not being able to reach Emery and the "sinking ship" points total.

Hopefully this season brings the actual results, but if not we'll just keep throwing 100M at the issue so no need to call each others names, as funny as it is to add the word crap to a name, an absolute classic.

Farzad Stoned

What the heck are you talking about? I've not said it was an 'ok' season? It sucked ass, largely because of the way it ended. Do I think it was completely devoid of merit? No, I think I saw some promising patterns of play and some progress but then again I'm capable of comprehending more than binary outcomes. You're just throwing horseshit around and seeing what sticks...
So the season stank who was responsible for that? 2 and half years and 280 million pounds later?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The bold part is amazing. We are playing exciting football currently and have people slowly fear us. Arteta is immortal at the moment.

200.gif

But he's doing well currently, let's see how the season pans out.

Farzad Stoned

Sorry he can get me aroused now when he wins one of the two trophies that matter. Any real manager given the backing he has would not be playing Thursdays in Kazakhstan

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

So the season stank who was responsible for that? 2 and half years and 280 million pounds later?
Whats this now? Your last horseshit throw didnt stick so now you're switching up targets? I don't play this game. You can play by yourself. Something gives me the feeling that you might enjoy it. I'm here when you (or anyone) wants to have an actual conversation.

Farzad Stoned

Whats this now? Your last horseshit throw didnt stick so now you're switching up targets? I don't play this game. You can play by yourself. Something gives me the feeling that you might enjoy it. I'm here when you (or anyone) wants to have an actual conversation.
No it’s not new Arsenal fans never accepted these types of seasons; you back him now so Arteta has reduced our standards and you guys applaud him and defend him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Actually I called it unhinged drivel, and his posts since then have done little to change my mind. I'm also entitled to my opinion, and if someone calls me a liar and you like that post, and then try to tell me I can't insult people after I have been insulted, that my friend makes you a hypocrite.

WRT this video, I watched the whole thing. Is this the best you can do? :lol: you've got guys saying 4.5, 5, 6 out of 10 and needs improvement. None of them saying they were happy, apart from one guy who said 7-8 and even he heavily caveated saying "bearing in mind we were 20th". The next guy said 7 but we then proceeded to moan about squad depth not being good enough. Next guy moans about the competition being too good etc. These guys aren't saying they are happy with 5th, and they shouldn't be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom