• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Riou goes MIA and @say sorry returns.

thinking-batman.gif

@Riou liked two of my posts an hour ago.

He’s like that thing in Halo 2 that watches everything

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
They're gonna say that Arteta won the title only because the critique of the AM Arteta Outers motivated him, and he learned from their infinite wisdom by reading this forum.
I would think that it is because the infinite love Artetasexuals give him. That the power of love, new culture and only good vibes elevated the team to win the title. Your love is making all the difference!

Btw, which one of these are you?
Care Bears Cartoon GIF

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
But then again he's had a stack more money than Arsène had. £376m worth of club investment since 2019 according to Transfermarkt figures. Arsène had £262m over 22 years. Even allowing for inflation that's an insane difference.

Any rubbish buys Arteta's bought in like Willian, Runarsson, Cedric, Mari, Tavares etc he's been able to ship out immediately and replace with real quality. This is City vibes and not having to make do like Arsène had to.
Yeah but Arsène would stick with players everyone knew weren’t good enough. I know he never really had the money but at the same time wasn’t really ruthless either.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I would think that it is because the infinite love Artetasexuals give him. That the power of love, new culture and only good vibes elevated the team to win the title. Your love is making all the difference!

Btw, which one of these are you?
Care Bears Cartoon GIF

I’m the cupcake one.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

**** off :lol:

You give those who are against Arteta a bad name, because you have nothing to add to your anti-Arteta debate anymore. Go and educate yourself and come back with actual points of discussion instead of resorting to childish outbursts, because "mE hAtE sPaNiSh PuLiS" :lol:
Some of these lurkers here are really pitiful.

They are in the shadows because they don't have the skills to debate actual matters at hand like men.

Then sometimes they jump out like little children calling the guys they envy with names.

Or inform us what is their favourite cartoon, this time some teddybears and ask what is your favourite teddy. :lol:

Then the other children join the choir and pat each other in the back, after their great exposure to the limelight.

drippin

I counted the incoming transfers Arteta has made from Transfermarkt, and got 395 million euros, which is like 345 million pounds at current rate. And I double checked it, but for example Mari cost 7 million pounds by the article I have shared, and Transfermarkt has his numbers twice there. Not sure where all the people come up with their numbers.

Also have to remember that Kulusevski is still on loan at Sp**s which should be added to their number because of how they do their deals.

Also have to be taken into account how much all the teams spent after this article was written. It was written 28th June 2022. Arsenal's spend didn't seem to go over 345 million pounds by my calculations, but Chelsea spent humongous amounts I think.

"There are signs that Arsenal could again break their spending record and take Mikel Arteta’s total outlay past the £400m mark. However, when taken in isolation this is wrongly used as something of a stick to beat the manager at times or raise expectations outside of what is fair.

Manchester United have spent more than £400 million in the past three summers, whilst Sp**s have spent more than £300 million in the same time period. Chelsea split the two teams with a spend of around £350 million.
"

---

"We covered this in a prior article looking at the number of positive and progressive signings made in around £800 million worth of investment in the team that had seen the club slide out of the Champions League and further behind their rivals. Frankly, the step-up in smartness in recruitment under Arteta has been night and day to what came before.

This is important to consider because whilst Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United
experienced periods in the Champions League, and even won it in the case of the Blues, their investment of the last two-to-three years was not adding to a side in decline. Their investment added to a group of better-equipped and smarter selected players.

Arteta has had to completely overhaul the entire squad with very few constants.
The growth of young players like Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli and Emile Smith Rowe has been of huge benefit during this time, however.

As you’re reading it may come across like this is an attempt to protect the coach from any potential failures next season. Know that it isn’t, and the expectations of progression must remain, which includes the target for 2022/23 to ensure Champions League qualification. Failure to do so would therefore require serious inquiry as to the reasons behind what causes it, with Mikel Arteta under serious scrutiny and his job in question."

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I counted the incoming transfers Arteta has made from Transfermarkt, and got 395 million euros, which is like 345 million pounds at current rate. And I double checked it, but for example Mari cost 7 million pounds by the article I have shared, and Transfermarkt has his numbers twice there. Not sure where all the people come up with their numbers.

Also have to remember that Kulusevski is still on loan at Sp**s which should be added to their number because of how they do their deals.

"There are signs that Arsenal could again break their spending record and take Mikel Arteta’s total outlay past the £400m mark. However, when taken in isolation this is wrongly used as something of a stick to beat the manager at times or raise expectations outside of what is fair.

Manchester United have spent more than £400 million in the past three summers, whilst Sp**s have spent more than £300 million in the same time period. Chelsea split the two teams with a spend of around £350 million.
"

---

"We covered this in a prior article looking at the number of positive and progressive signings made in around £800 million worth of investment in the team that had seen the club slide out of the Champions League and further behind their rivals. Frankly, the step-up in smartness in recruitment under Arteta has been night and day to what came before.

This is important to consider because whilst Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United
experienced periods in the Champions League, and even won it in the case of the Blues, their investment of the last two-to-three years was not adding to a side in decline. Their investment added to a group of better-equipped and smarter selected players.

Arteta has had to completely overhaul the entire squad with very few constants.
The growth of young players like Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli and Emile Smith Rowe has been of huge benefit during this time, however.

As you’re reading it may come across like this is an attempt to protect the coach from any potential failures next season. Know that it isn’t, and the expectations of progression must remain, which includes the target for 2022/23 to ensure Champions League qualification. Failure to do so would therefore require serious inquiry as to the reasons behind what causes it, with Mikel Arteta under serious scrutiny and his job in question."

It’s actually 387 million mate. Think you counted wrong.

drippin

It’s actually 387 million mate. Think you counted wrong.
I can do it once more, I hope someone else does it too so we have more certainty.

You should of course start when Arteta came to the club 20th December 2019.

His first loans and later buys in January were Cedric and Mari for like total 11 million pounds transfer fees by the articles I have shared, but it's a minor difference anyway because Cedric is mentioned as a "free transfer" in Transfermarkt, which he wasn't because we loaned him first.

I got the same number again in my third try. He has spent ~395 million euros thus far.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I can do it once more, I hope someone else does it too so we have more certainty.

You should of course start when Arteta came to the club 20th December 2019.

His first loans and later buys in January were Cedric and Mari for like total 11 million pounds transfer fees by the articles I have shared, but it's a minor difference anyway because Cedric is mentioned as a "free transfer" in Transfermarkt, which he wasn't because we loaned him first.

I got the same number again in my third try. He has spent ~395 million euros thus far.

Ah I see where you’ve gone wrong. I think you’ve counted Martinelli twice which has overcooked it by 7M?

Happy to check again though.

drippin

Ah I see where you’ve gone wrong. I think you’ve counted Martinelli twice which has overcooked it by 7M?

Happy to check again though.
I thought you were talking about 387 pounds, not euros?

I didn't count Martinelli because he came in the summer before Arteta came. He wasn't his buy.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I thought you were talking about 387 pounds, not euros?

I didn't count Martinelli because he came in the summer before Arteta came. He wasn't his buy.

Wait are you talking about pounds or euros?

Also I counted Martinelli because I’m pretty sure he made his debut under Arteta.

drippin

Wait are you talking about pounds or euros?

Also I counted Martinelli because I’m pretty sure he made his debut under Arteta.
He was an Edu buy, but not Arteta.

He made his debut before Arteta came and played some in many games, but Arteta extended him fast next summer.

Here I'm mostly talking about euros. Don't know how to switch Transfermarkt currency. But it's always pounds if I don't say euros behind the sum, because Arsenal is a London club and in EPL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom