• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Cool, you hold to that belief but you've just called us out for 'screaming contesexual'

Yes, because it's obvious I used you guys saying contessexual there as a serious dig 🤷‍♂️

Strange how people took contessexual as a straight lighthearted yanking of the chain, but when Arteta Sexual is used in the same maner people think most are being serious. It's a meme at this point, an in-forum joke.

It's like when people are joking about ESR and Nandos, but people feel it's serious. Or the Nuno being better than KT thing that happened last year. It's obvious jokes, but you always get the odd poster or two that goes a bit "leave britney alone".

I engage with the three you refer to less than anybody else.

And yet you complain about them?

Where did I say people weren't allowed to be overtly negative or positive?

Again, it feels like every week there a post from you complaining about people/the forum being bitter or not giving the manager the praise you feel he's due.

Either that or wuming Trax (which is fair game, tbh).

We've had this conversation other times, maybe it's a bit of how each of us perceive the forum.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Here's an interesting hypothetical.

Given how much of a junior figure Emery seemed to be in his spell here when it came to decision making and just general power at the club. Do you think we'd be in a better position now if Arteta came in straight after Arsène and was given the level of power he has now? Or do you think we'd be in a similar way?

He'd have been sacked midseason, so comfortably better.

In the end the difference between back and then is not having a competent manager, is that we threw money around like crazy for a complete rebuild. That's completely unprecedented for the club, and it seems to be the main reason fans are actually excited.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

When you look at some of the best managers in the league, it's hard to do your top 4 but I have Arteta clear above Ten Hag, I feel Mikel has achieved much more in a shorter span of time. The only thing Ten Hag has done is win a league with a team that always wins that league no matter the manager. But the FA Cup and a title challenge in 2 years with a team finishing 8th in the hardest league is super impressive.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
When you look at some of the best managers in the league, it's hard to do your top 4 but I have Arteta clear above Ten Hag, I feel Mikel has achieved much more in a shorter span of time. The only thing Ten Hag has done is win a league with a team that always wins that league no matter the manager. But the FA Cup and a title challenge in 2 years with a team finishing 8th in the hardest league is super impressive.

A team that finished 8th twice under his watch, was at times in the relegation zone, got the FA Cup cause of a firing Aubameyang and that has now been spent on myriads of money to finally get him to perform.

I have to admit I am beyond saying Arteta is a bad manager per se, but he's as much a cashbook manager as his master Pep. Don't get @Makingtrax squad cost thing started cause for the most it should be clear the more you spend the better the players you get the more likely you are to do well, but guys like Pep and Arteta are imo still limited as coaches as they are dependent on not only certain types of players but also certain types of players of a certain quality. Neither of them would be able to get a 2nd league side promoted or turn a struggling top flight team into a mainstay.

Of course now that they are at the top end of things coaches like Tuchel or Klopp advice their Dofs to get or get themselves players who fit their prefered style, but these guys also did it at financially weaker teams and still were successfull. Pep has kickstarted this ****, and he's only where he is cause he didn't have to start with Girona but with prime Messi Barca. Had he have done his stuff at a 2nd league team he'd be in nowhere man's land today. I always say there's a German Pep in Alex Zorniger who didn't have the fortune of getting his first job at Barca, but at some 3rd league team and still succeeded to some degree, but who by now has fallen so much that he has to coach on ****ing Cyprus. Still the same brand of footie, just not the same amount of talent and money.

And speaking from personal experience, I got a stock of 5 U14 players, and I need to get them to a competitive level, that's my ****ing job as a coach. Saying these 5 players are ****e and then poaching 5 better players from another academy who are better (like Pep and Arteta do) is not good coaching per se. It's jumping the coaching bit for getting players ready made to do your bidding.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Towards the end it wasn't really a team of kids anymore, the budget was loosened a fair bit, purchases were a bit hit and miss and we still dropped out of the CL. There weren't really any logical excuses left, that's why the planes, trains and banners excuses started. It was all that was left to justify the situation.
Lol. I think you'll find we didn't drop out of the CL until after planes, banners, protests, boycotts, manic rants and abuse came out. Lets not rewrite history. Arsène was improving when all that started, 4th, to 3rd, 2nd + 2 cups when the purse strings will slackened. It was an order of magnitude better than Arteta's last 2.5 seasons.

Edit: Sorry just seen that @Slug457 has already nailed you on this.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Lol. I think you'll find we didn't drop out of the CL until after planes, banners, protests, boycotts, manic rants and abuse came out. Lets not rewrite history. Arsène was improving when all that started, 4th, to 3rd, 2nd + 2 cups when the purse strings will slackened. It was an order of magnitude better than Arteta's last 2.5 seasons.

Edit: Sorry just seen that @Slug457 has already nailed you on this.

Arsène + a longer stay of Mislintat without Sanllehi, Edu and the like we'd be in a very differnt place.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Yeah Ade was immense, very before his time (a common phrase you hear about a lot of Wenger's emirates players). Athletic, big and pressed like a madman initially too until his ego and swagger kicked in.

Think he scored 30 goals in all comps one season? Which is mental especially when you compare that to what some of the current lot get praised for today, it's not really talked about and he coulda gone far.

Funnily enough, with Pogba's situation surfacing it reminded me of him. He had a lot of family issues and dodgy advice in the peak of his career. I remember his brother actually sent a letter to Madrid which stopped his loan becoming permanent for example.

There was a game where Adebayor was playing as lone CF around this period that I remember, he ran Terry and Carvalho absolutely ragged at the chavs home ground, really had me excited.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Hleb was ahead of his time, he'd be perfect as a high 8 or a wide position with the game is played now.
Hleb was an absolute joy to watch. Loved him as a footballer, phenomenal talent but lacked end product. No way he would be wide like Saks/Martinelli are or how most top teams play now with his lack of firepower

He wouldn't get in a top 4 side nowadays unless it's as an 8 imho.

Haphazard

I do think Arteta has a bit of the chequebook-ism about him like Pep but we should also realize this is his first managerial job and he is going against the likes of Pep,Klopp, Conte, Tuchel (until recently), Ten Hag.

Yes he has had 2-3 years but that's nothing in a manager's career most of the names above were managing league 2/league 1 teams when they had similar experience to Arteta.

It's not to say he is without faults ,I've been very vocal about his inability to manage tough situations with players or tough situations in matches but he seems to be improving on them. There is still a question of how he can handle the big games as we always seem to falter in some way.

However I do think if he does not get top 4 this year then he must be fired, the club has backed him financially and have given him plenty of time.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

There was a game where Adebayor was playing as lone CF around this period that I remember, he ran Terry and Carvalho absolutely ragged at the chavs home ground, really had me excited.

He did the same to Vidic and Rio at OT but his finishing was out of sorts that day. He had absolutely everything. Another one who ****ed his own career tho to a certain extent.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think I must be an outlier on the Adebayor stuff then. I just never really saw it with him, though he did score a decent amount of goals admittedly. Rated RVP and Eduardo over him, though both had significant injury issues around that time.

I think for me it was because I never viewed him as clinical, even when he was scoring a lot he'd miss quite a lot of really good chances. I found him quite a scruffy player too.

Lacked the grace of a Henry too, but I guess anyone was going to look like a downgrade after Thierry.

blrgooner

Established Member
Not like guys going around screaming contesexuals, liking each others posts and complaining about other posters whining about them policing the forum don't exist as well, right?
Yes. Nowadays people are screaming "Contesexuals", sounds like one can`t intelligently make a case on actually liking Conte`s football or tactics and anybody who thinks that Conte is any decent in coaching/managing a football team is doing it because of some kind of blind infatuation.

I don`t remember anyone being called "Kloppsexual" or "Pepsexual" or "Josesexual" of "Fergiesexual" or "Wengersexual" before though. Wonder where this trend started 🤔?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yes. Nowadays people are screaming "Contesexuals", sounds like one can`t intelligently make a case on actually liking Conte`s football or tactics and anybody who thinks that Conte is any decent in coaching/managing a football team is doing it because of some kind of blind infatuation.

I don`t remember anyone being called "Kloppsexual" or "Pepsexual" or "Josesexual" of "Fergiesexual" or "Wengersexual" before though. Wonder where this trend started 🤔?
It started with Arteta, probably because unlike everyone else on that list he hasn't done anything worth having strong support for especially at the time people started singing his praises. Some weirdos started assuming it has to be because they have a crush on him, then again the weirdos on twitter who defended his every move are even worse.

Nobody gets called a "Josesexual" because we call those people ****ing idiots.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Hard to say until another decade from now but until then Arteta has to be considered a better manager than Klopp too. Took the latter ten years to win his first trophy, Arteta did it in six months #Difference #Greatness #Teeth

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hard to say until another decade from now but until then Arteta has to be considered a better manager than Klopp too. Took the latter ten years to win his first trophy, Arteta did it in six months #Difference #Greatness #Teeth
No doubt in my mind that Arteta is in many ways better than Guardiola too. OK, in his first La Liga season Pep won the title and Copa Del Rey but that was a farmers league and back in 2008 the leagues were so much easier. #GOAT #Wearelucky

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
No doubt in my mind that Arteta is in many ways better than Guardiola too. OK, in his first La Liga season Pep won the title and Copa Del Rey but that was a farmers league and back in 2008 the leagues were so much easier. #GOAT #Wearelucky
To be fair he also won the CL but he had Messi Xavi Iniesta while Arteta had to make do with Pepe Laca and Auba. Also don't forget Pep is bald

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Arsène + a longer stay of Mislintat without Sanllehi, Edu and the like we'd be in a very differnt place.

One guy showing his blatant Arsène bias and the other guy showing his blatant German bias.

Think that’s already enough A-M for me for one day…

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Has Pep ever coached a side where he didn’t have the best team (often by quite a margin also). Still a good manager, I am sure there were some managers who would have played far worse football at Barcelona, for example, and he achieves a high level of consistency, but it would be interesting to see how he would of went managing clubs in the lower/middle portion of the league table. Maybe before retirement he could go to the MLS where there is a salary cap.

Top Bottom