• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Still think we were lucky yesterday at times. Whilst our full back options are high quality now Cedric's out of the running, Arteta's inversion tactics had them too narrow at times and they got in behind us. Perisic really should have scored.

Our xG was way better than their's, but nevertheless two key points in the game made the win certain . . sending off, and Lloris letting the ball between his legs. Arteta luck.
Read the Xg was only 2.3 to 1.5 somewhere or other.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think those that say Ben white was a waste are wrong though. They underrate him imo, he’s been largely excellent his whole time here. Also, having a ball playing cb is so important to what we do, so having at least one rotation option is also crucial, and he covers rb an cb.
Ben White is an excellent signing. Very intelligent, great attitude, solid pro, chick magnate non par excellence! Ticks all boxes! ;)

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Gotta credit Arteta for the unity he has created at the club. From the players, coaches, staff and fans in the stands, there hasn’t been this level of unity for a long time. It’s something that arteta has consistently talked about since joining, getting all of these elements of the club pulling in the one direction. Sounded a little corny early on but I can see it now and think it’s more than just coincidence.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Still think we were lucky yesterday at times. Whilst our full back options are high quality now Cedric's out of the running, Arteta's inversion tactics had them too narrow at times and they got in behind us. Perisic really should have scored.

Our xG was way better than their's, but nevertheless two key points in the game made the win certain . . sending off, and Lloris letting the ball between his legs. Arteta luck.

I think you will always concede space when you push up the way we do, its the nature of the game played. You would remember that Wenger had similar tactics and thus we were also prone to quick counter attacks.

The general shape is a 2-3 or 3-2 first and second line, and that means we generally concede space out wide. I think the theory around that is you rather concede space out wide, than straight behind. Its a longer distance to goal, and allows for better recovery.

SA Gunner

Read the Xg was only 2.3 to 1.5 somewhere or other.

That's including the penalty, without the penalty I think it was 2.5-0.6 or something. Ill edit this post with the actual figures once I find them.

But I think the broader point is that limiting Sp**s to 1.5 XG, with the way they play is top quality. As much as it pains us to admit, they are an excellent side in the situations presented to them yesterday. The game could have easily gone the other way, had they been more efficient.

Tom349

That's including the penalty, without the penalty I think it was 2.5-0.6 or something. Ill edit this post with the actual figures once I find them.

But I think the broader point is that limiting Sp**s to 1.5 XG, with the way they play is top quality. As much as it pains us to admit, they are an excellent side in the situations presented to them yesterday. The game could have easily gone the other way, had they been more efficient.

How much of that 0.6xg was from the Richardilson shot which would have been ruled out for offside?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think those that say Ben white was a waste are wrong though. They underrate him imo, he’s been largely excellent his whole time here. Also, having a ball playing cb is so important to what we do, so having at least one rotation option is also crucial, and he covers rb an cb.

White's a baller ngl.

If Arteta could relax his favoured foot requirements for CB we'd be set there, but I'm wondering if Tets will want another left footer as cover for Gabriel.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Read in a few places that you should discard xG for one off games because things like long shots and penalties skew the totals too much.

Jesus had enough chances to put the game away but as I said prior to signing he’s not as clinical as the other top strikers in the league like Haaland, Ronaldo or Kane.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think you will always concede space when you push up the way we do, its the nature of the game played. You would remember that Wenger had similar tactics and thus we were also prone to quick counter attacks.

The general shape is a 2-3 or 3-2 first and second line, and that means we generally concede space out wide. I think the theory around that is you rather concede space out wide, than straight behind. Its a longer distance to goal, and allows for better recovery.
While it’s working, I guess, can’t really knock it.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

🧊💎

FeAeFP2UUAEIGo_

SA Gunner

While it’s working, I guess, can’t really knock it.

Well your son for starters is a massive part of that success. Lets hope he signs that extension and stays many years with us. Exceptional talent.

say yes

forum master baiter

Will obviously depends on where you get your numbers from but xG wise I have:

2.38 - 1.57 (base)
2.38 - 1.01 (- Sp**s two offside chances which weren’t flagged but wouldn’t have counted)
2.38 - 0.22 (- pen)

So really dominant. Think Kane also had only two touches in our box (1 being the pen).

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
White's a baller ngl.

If Arteta could relax his favoured foot requirements for CB we'd be set there, but I'm wondering if Tets will want another left footer as cover for Gabriel.
If the right footed LCB has a left foot decent enough to pass short down the line, and they are very technical otherwise, then I think the right footed-ness is an advantage personally. I think it gives you better angles. Van Dijk and Dias have done a lot of work from the position.

It would be Saliba id shift over there though as I think it’s the more technical, difficult role.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom