• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

TopGunner81

I think a lot of people are forgetting this is his first job as a no1! He still essentially learning on the job. He’s not going to get everything right all of the time but I’ve got no doubt he’s going to be seen as an elite manager in years to come.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think a lot of people are forgetting this is his first job as a no1! He still essentially learning on the job. He’s not going to get everything right all of the time but I’ve got no doubt he’s going to be seen as an elite manager in years to come.
This. What I like most is that Arteta has changed the culture around the club, to demand more of themselves and not be satisfied with mediocrity. Not an easy message for a first time head coach, and not an easy situation to deal with when you have so many players from a previous mindset to get rid of. I can imagine, for example, that the Özil situation was tricky. The jury is still out on how the club handled the Guendouzi situation, but again something not easy for a first timer to handle.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Trust the process?
Look at this

99B72482-EA98-4E56-B153-07C71C7C178F.png

This is the Xhaka goal.

3 at the back, Zinny tucking in next to Partey, 2 players keeping the pitch wide and 3 in the middle moving around creating triangles. This is a goal drawn and measured by Arteta. Our players change positions so much, palace were drawn out all the time. Its so good and I love Xhaka but if we get a superstar in that position that really fits that role its going to be crazy.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Look at this

View attachment 13704

This is the Xhaka goal.

3 at the back, Zinny tucking in next to Partey, 2 players keeping the pitch wide and 3 in the middle moving around creating triangles. This is a goal drawn and measured by Arteta. Our players change positions so much, palace were drawn out all the time. Its so good and I love Xhaka but if we get a superstar in that position that really fits that role its going to be crazy.

Said in the matchday thread, he won't be that easy to upgrade, but if there's ever a place Arteta can go shopping for in regards to the starting XI, is that left 8 spot. Can only imagine what a trully elite player could do in that position.

Other than Rice, if it happens at all, I think we'll see most of our money going to upgrading the bench. We need a right back to push White, him and Tomiyasu cover right CB.

A leftback if KT leaves and an actual DM backup for Partey.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Said in the matchday thread, he won't be that easy to upgrade, but if there's ever a place Arteta can go shopping for in regards to the starting XI, is that left 8 spot. Can only imagine what a trully elite player could do in that position.

Other than Rice, if it happens at all, I think we'll see most of our money going to upgrading the bench. We need a right back to push White, him and Tomiyasu cover right CB.

A leftback if KT leaves and an actual DM backup for Partey.
I admire what xhaka has done in that position but if Arteta/Edu find the player that fits that role perfectly we go up a level.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

... seeing the PS2 logo board, is just the best thing ever.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mad stat this really...

...and the only thing stopping us from all wins so far, is a tubby bald man that was too intimidated by Arteta's elite hair, to actually do his job properly and draw the ****ing lines!
Still can’t believe he didn’t draw the line. It wasn’t even early build up, it was penultimate phase fgs.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He renewed just last year, no? Don't have to worry unless he ia convinced by a giant.

He won't have this much control over a club anywhere else.
I can't particularly remember him renewing sorry but in saying that are you saying it is more or less up to him when he leaves, not our chairman or owners?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I can't particularly remember him renewing sorry but in saying that are you saying it is more or less up to him when he leaves, not our chairman or owners?

I mean, he didn't get the sack when he went on relegation form because they believed in him

He won't get it when he's been leading us on a title chase.

Plus, he has a real ability to manage upwards.

Probably chanting "He leaves when he wants, he leaves when he wants. Mikel Arteta, he leaves when he wants!" To himself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom