• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I nearly included AMN, I think he's in the same bracket as Willock ie a good squad option but not enough to get us top 4. I'd be very happy to have him next to Partey until we get a top player to partner Partey long term.

Agree with that. AMN isn't good enough especially in a midfield two. Good squad player because he can play almost anywhere like Milner, has the physical qualities but technically quite average.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I nearly included AMN, I think he's in the same bracket as Willock ie a good squad option but not enough to get us top 4. I'd be very happy to have him next to Partey until we get a top player to partner Partey long term.
Hes a confidence player though, needs game time. Id at least give it a go, nothing to lose imo

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
You do realise we are playing the exact same way, down the wings? But with a number 10 you have less opposing players marking the wings, bellerin and Tierney have more space, our wingers have more space... oh and the number 10 offers another option himself.

You're thick as pig **** honestly. Id get more sense talking to a cricket bat.
You do realise we are playing the exact same way, down the wings?
Yes we're clearly playing the same way down the wings
But with a number 10 you have less opposing players marking the wings, bellerin and Tierney have more space, our wingers have more space... oh and the number 10 offers another option himself
Do you realise that you just validated my exact point you numbskull? Of course you don't. Cause you're an adolescent with a 50% working brain.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes we're clearly playing the same way down the wings

Do you realise that you just validated my exact point you numbskull? Of course you don't. Cause you're an adolescent with a 50% working brain.

So we are still putting in a good amount of crosses :lol::lol: congrats on making yourself look like a complete tool comparing a month and a half worth of games to a weeks worth.

Not sure you of all people should be insulting others intelligence tbf.

If you actually watched us you'd see most of our chances STILL come from the left through Tierney and now we have a lot coming from the right with Saka being over there.

Why can't you see that?

Finesse

Özil was out of his hands, anyone can see the reasons were political. We need not go over that again. The fault was with Edu or the board not being able to get Aouar.

This is plausible. There is some mileage to that considering the backing of the board after the terrible spell.

However for a man with non negotiables I would expect him to argue his position with the management if he really wanted him in the team. He could use the argument they could not get him Aouar and if the closest player to that was Özil and was frozen out , he had been newly appointed as Manager with a bigger say on player affairs and liaise to rehabilitate the player. That is if he really wanted him to play. You can say same of Saliba. We registered so many goalkeepers just to make sure we left out Saliba and Özil.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
So we are still putting in a good amount of crosses :lol::lol: congrats on making yourself look like a complete tool comparing a month and a half worth of games to a weeks worth.

Not sure you of all people should be insulting others intelligence tbf.

If you actually watched us you'd see most of our chances STILL come from the left through Tierney and now we have a lot coming from the right with Saka being over there.

Why can't you see that?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Crosses per game went from over 20 to 11, from most in the league to 16th in the league. Do you understand anything about progression/trends? :lol::lol::lol:
This is what happens 15 year old keyboard warriors try to sound smart.

It took addition of one player to change our gameplay from spamming low quality hopeful lumps from 35 yards out into the box all game long to creating good overloads and cutbacks from dangerous areas. Arteta being a genius couldn't figure that out when we were churning out U-formations game after game sending us towards relegation.

Legend14

Established Member
Stupid out of context comment.

I said Arteta needs quality and can’t win with Elneny Xhaka Willian Bellerin Ceballos. Do we have a new #10? Is Saka lighting it up instead of Willian and covering for Bellerin? Has Martinelli added energy? Is Arteta still the manager, but we are winning now with different quality?

Since you can no longer talk about Arteta being the root cause of everything bad in the world, you call me out directly? Sack the manager is stale now. Turn the page.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

People need to calm down a little bit, and get behind the players and the manager.

We need more signings like Tierney and Gabriel, and less like Willian. If the club is to progress in an environment where we aren't competitive at the top end of the financial scale, and we are not. We need to invest in our young players, and talents where we can find them.

Signing old has-beens is not a viable route. Arteta is learning on the job, but throughout this bad patch, there has never been a sign of the players downing tools. With Emery that seemed clearly to be the case. I am sure the club has the numbers for distance run etc.

We're in transition, but there are a few things to be positive about. The emergence of ESR, which comes as no surprise to those of us that has followed him. We got perhaps one of the most exciting youngsters in the Premier League in Saka.

There are reasons to be quietly optimistic.

Long term, my view is still that we need a new owner, but that is beyond the remit of the manager.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We need to buy a long term partner for Partey. Sell Xhaka & Elneny, Ceballos will go back to Spain, AMN & Willock squad options.
Id accept that, but the club need to make a decision on AMN if your not selling him then he needs to play.

Legend14

Established Member
So, basically what the eye test told us all? But I thought the squad wasn’t good enough to sit beyond 14th...

There are new players on the field. ESR impact has been amazing. We would not be doing this without him. Added quality has made a difference like everyone without an Arteta agenda said.

Manager out seems to be not necessary in terms of on field performance. Bottom line.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Id accept that, but the club need to make a decision on AMN if your not selling him then he needs to play.

I believe not selling AMN to be a mistake. But in hindsight, perhaps the reasoning was that we didn’t want to strengthen a possible top 6 rival in Wolves?

More likely, it’s because we could get more for him than what’s offered in the covid market.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Really, never had you down as ‘ignore’ person. Always thought you were chilled, man.

I am, but as soon as you start acting like a child and like you're always right and that other people's opinions are straight bs regardless of how said opinions are laid out, I don't really bother with you. Even with people I usually get into arguments, if they show a little bit of humor or conceded a point here or there, that's enough to keep me reading their posts here and there.

I have about 5 people on ignore, I occasionally click the show ignored messages thing to see if they are still the same and if they are I keep them there.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Stupid out of context comment.

I said Arteta needs quality and can’t win with Elneny Xhaka Willian Bellerin Ceballos. Do we have a new #10? Is Saka lighting it up instead of Willian and covering for Bellerin? Has Martinelli added energy? Is Arteta still the manager, but we are winning now with different quality?

Since you can no longer talk about Arteta being the root cause of everything bad in the world, you call me out directly? Sack the manager is stale now. Turn the page.
Calm down. It was a light hearted post.

You did say Arteta or any other manager wasn't able to make us competitive whilst having Xhaka Elneny/Ceballos in the team. Well those players are currently in the starting 11. You also said we couldn't expect to beat relegation fodder until we bought some new players as our squad was crap. Something which sounded absurd even when we were struggling. And yes we are winning because Arteta has realised the flaw in his original game plan of just getting it wide and spamming in crosses.

Find a post of me where I call for Arteta to be sacked. I want him to succeed, I just get frustrated when he was clearly holding back the potential in our squad. Imo this squad should be challenging for top 4, minimum top 6.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I believe not selling AMN to be a mistake. But in hindsight, perhaps the reasoning was that we didn’t want to strengthen a possible top 6 rival in Wolves?

More likely, it’s because we could get more for him than what’s offered in the covid market.
I agree but we will lose money on him if he doesnt play

Top Bottom