• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I saw it described in a report earlier that the club see this as a dynasty. Let's be brutally honest here, it's a training programme for Arteta and Arsenal have to take the results, good or bad, as he refines his coaching style in the hope he can become good enough to one day manage Man City. On the evidence we've seen so far I don't see that as being very likely. There's no agenda here, I don't care about how Arteta develops as a coach, all I care about is how my club is doing and so far we are even worse than we where under the last coaching staff. I don't want to wait 3-5 years to see us finishing in the top 4 again, never mind challenging for titles.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@blaze_of_glory what did I think? Boring game, terrible decisions by the officials again and we didn't take our chances. Story of the season. When we take our chances people are overjoyed, when we don't its Arteta out.

GoonerJay24

You think we challenged for the title over an entire season when Leicester won the league despite us only finishing second because Sp**s bottled it. Are you serious or trolling? Because if you're being serious then wow.

You do not challenge for a Premier league title over the course of an entire season and finish on less than 80 points ffs.

That was a very disappointing season. Obviously we didn't challenge throughout; bad luck with injuries and some questionable tactics was ultimately our undoing.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
What is Artetas best eleven?

Best in terms of talent/potential would be different but best in terms of consistency would be something like:

Leno
Bellerin - Luiz - Holding - Tierney
Xhaka - Partey
Pepe - ESR - Saka
Laca

Not a top 4 team, imo.

There are players here who are prone to brain farts. ESR only came on recently. ESR and Tierney are injury prone. Auba doesn't fit in with hold up play. He could play up top with Saka providing him service maybe but we haven't had much opportunity to see that. Gabriel should be our best defender but he's so inconsistent and makes rash decisions too often.

We have a collection of players right now who are either young and green, out of form for whatever reasons, and those who don't really fit into the 4231 that we use. Plus, Arteta's end goal is playing a 433 so I would imagine the makeup of the squad will change even more.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
:lol:

HairSpray at his peak here.

You’ve literally just exposed yourself that you’re 12 with that mother joke.

Are you sure it isn't you exposing yourself calling people 12 and posting pictures of overweight men around computers insinuating that one is fat and sitting down 24/7?

Bit embarrassing that one mate, I'd go and reflect on what you've just done, state of you clown.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Best in terms of talent/potential would be different but best in terms of consistency would be something like:

Leno
Bellerin - Luiz - Holding - Tierney
Xhaka - Partey
Pepe - ESR - Saka
Laca

Not a top 4 team, imo.

There are players here who are prone to brain farts. ESR only came on recently. ESR and Tierney are injury prone. Auba doesn't fit in with hold up play. He could play up top with Saka providing him service maybe but we haven't had much opportunity to see that. Gabriel should be our best defender but he's so inconsistent and makes rash decisions too often.

We have a collection of players right now who are either young and green, out of form for whatever reasons, and those who don't really fit into the 4231 that we use. Plus, Arteta's end goal is playing a 433 so I would imagine the makeup of the squad will change even more.

But what is *Arteta's* best eleven?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If mikel stay here next season and from now i can see it gonna be super toxic just like emery 2nd season he better have stable team i don't care if you want your players or not have stable 11 ffs stop rotating like you playing friendlies

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's at the point now where even fluking the EL shouldn't be enough to keep his job tbh.

I called this a few weeks ago.

There’s no way he should keep his job regardless of whether we get CL football or not.

We’re lucky to not be in a relegation scrap at this point of the season.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
He deserves as much money as Ole has spent before even considering being sacked. That's around 5x more than what Arteta has currently spent.

Ole is a chequebook manager.
You're DT from AFTV aren't you? You've defended Midtable Micky so much that you can't go back on it now. You can't hold your hands up and say "Yeah to be honest, if this was Emery we'd hound him out. Arteta is using us as a football training college - he's not good enough to manage Arsenal. The league position proves this."

Instead you're clutching at anything and everything.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That was a very disappointing season. Obviously we didn't challenge throughout; bad luck with injuries and some questionable tactics was ultimately our undoing.

Challenging for a title means challenging until the very end bro. You think West Ham will be remembered for challenging for the top 4 this season?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You're DT from AFTV aren't you? You've defended Midtable Micky so much that you can't go back on it now. You can't hold your hands up and say "Yeah to be honest, if this was Emery we'd hound him out. Arteta is using us as a football training college - he's not good enough to manage Arsenal. The league position proves this."

Instead you're clutching at anything and everything.

I've said multiple times over the past couple of weeks if Arteta doesn't win the EL and finishes 8th he should go.

But you'll cling onto a PE teacher who tells his lads to go and express themselves every game whilst spending half a billion of the clubs money.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
I've said multiple times over the past couple of weeks if Arteta doesn't win the EL and finishes 8th he should go.

But you'll cling onto a PE teacher who tells his lads to go and express themselves every game whilst spending half a billion of the clubs money.
Mate - check my post history. You've got the wrong United fan I think? Ole isn't good enough to manage Man Utd. But he's still a better man manager and decision maker than Midtable Micky. League never lies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom