• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

IstraBalagina

Defenders and gk are crucial for the attack now. See goal vs city in the fa cup; everyone has to be good on the ball in this era. Saka is having a euros hangover, pepe makes the wrong decisions 98% of the time and will be gone soon. Auba started pre season early and his hold up play will get better; the goals will come soon. Also partey needs to stay fit.

No manager would get us in the top 4 this season, I’m not sure your expectations are realistic. Top 6 is a good goal and doable.
You say see goal against City, so why we can't do that anymore? Why suddenly we need different players to do that? I've heard the same excuses last season. We need to see clear progress in the upcoming games time is ticking.

I don't care how, he makes top 6 or he's out.

Next season top 4 challenge, the season after title charge. That's my expectations.

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Defenders and gk are crucial for the attack now. See goal vs city in the fa cup; everyone has to be good on the ball in this era. Saka is having a euros hangover, pepe makes the wrong decisions 98% of the time and will be gone soon. Auba started pre season early and his hold up play will get better; the goals will come soon. Also partey needs to stay fit.

No manager would get us in the top 4 this season, I’m not sure your expectations are realistic. Top 6 is a good goal and doable.
I don't agree on the Pepe part but yeah, this is a good post.

I think competing for top 4 with United is something of a doable-ish goal, but United's already outperformed their performances by like 6 pts, those are 6 pts they don't have to give back and in a team that already has an advantage in talent level to ours. So yeah, it's not too realistic, though making it interesting with United is something I think a top manager can / could do with this group. Ole is a clown and at some point results will catch up to performances, though, as I mention, contrary to popular belief this is not something that evens out, the points you get undeservedly you don't give back ever, and regression to the mean in future matches doesn't cancel out pts you've already 'stolen'.

LG10

You say see goal against City, so why we can't do that anymore? Why suddenly we need different players to do that? I've heard the same excuses last season. We need to see clear progress in the upcoming games time is ticking.

I don't care how, he makes top 6 or he's out.
we sold the best gk in the world to keep a clown. Ainsley was frozen out which was strange. Edu didn't buy us a playmaker we badly needed. Can't deny last season was poor by arteta but he's got most of his players now let's see how he does.

Top 6 is reasonable; he's gone if we're outside of it again

LG10

I don't agree on the Pepe part but yeah, this is a good post.

I think competing for top 4 with United is something of a doable-ish goal, but United's already outperformed their performances by like 6 pts, those are 6 pts they don't have to give back and in a team that already has an advantage in talent level to ours. So yeah, it's not too realistic, though making it interesting with United is something I think a top manager can / could do with this group. Ole is a clown and at some point results will catch up to performances, though, as I mention, contrary to popular belief this is not something that evens out, the points you get undeservedly you don't give back ever, and regression to the mean in future matches doesn't cancel out pts you've already 'stolen'.
No one was more excited about Pepe than me but he has the football iq of a league 1 player. Poor mentality as well, he's completely satisfied with his performances and is just happy to be here. Need to put saka on the right and give Martinelli a run at lw.

United just have too much firepower; it would be a calamity of epic proportions if they don't finish top 4. Although Sp**s are handicapped by Nuno they still have the best striker in the league and son; top 6 would be great.

Kav

Established Member
He doesn’t, if we’re 8th again he’s gone. Team last year was a complete mess. We had no playmakers and over half the squad didn’t want to be here. Our record signing is as dumb as dishwater as well which didn’t help.
Who’s decision was it to sideline the one play maker we had and not register him at all. Who’s decision was it to register 3 long term injury riddled players (Mari, Mustafi, Chambers) but not register Saliba. Who’s decision was it to send Guendouzi and Torreira on loan and leave us with Xhaka and Elneny for creativity in midfield?

Who was in charge of going on a 10 game run of losses or draw. We lost 7 in a row once!

You guys offer up more excuses than Arteta can even think of. This is what is annoying. I hear him speak. He says the right things but not even Arteta comes up with as much excuses as his fans do. He will say I’m responsible for the loss but you fans will blame the players, the refs, the ball, the grass and the league table for starting in August/September instead of since Christmas.

You mention the record signing but failed to mention that your manager barely used him despite his productive spell in the team last season. Why do all the Arteta fans continue showing themselves to be Excuse merchants.

Get a grip with the excuses. 8th is not good enough and anything below 5th is a failure.

LG10

Who’s decision was it to sideline the one play maker we had and not register him at all. Who’s decision was it to register 3 long term injury riddled players (Mari, Mustafi, Chambers) but not register Saliba. Who’s decision was it to send Guendouzi and Torreira on loan and leave us with Xhaka and Elneny for creativity in midfield?

Who was in charge of going on a 10 game run of losses or draw. We lost 7 in a row once!

You guys offer up more excuses than Arteta can even think of. This is what is annoying. I hear him speak. He says the right things but not even Arteta comes up with as much excuses as his fans do. He will say I’m responsible for the loss but you fans will blame the players, the refs, the ball, the grass and the league table for starting in August/September instead of since Christmas.

You mention the record signing but failed to mention that your manager barely used him despite his productive spell in the team last season. Why do all the Arteta fans continue showing themselves to be Excuse merchants.

Get a grip with the excuses. 8th is not good enough and anything below 5th is a failure.
I can't take you seriously if you think Özil was an option for us; guy is stinking up the Turkish league and is well finished. I don't think arteta told edu he didn't want a playmaker :lol: we were getting aouar if his brother wasn't a ****.

Saliba's agent pushed the Marseille loan; the guy would get torn apart by you lot if he was here last season, he can't head a ball. Still wanted him here this season though; I think arteta did too. Still it's not like he'd come here and save us he's still a baby.

Torreira and Guendouzi are average players. Guendouzi is just a stick to beat arteta with; he wouldn't help us.

I'm pretty sure Pepe played a lot last season but im not giving my thoughts on him again; Saka put his performances to shame and is the one I want on the rw.

We pretty much have the same expectations for this season.

LG10

Can people just stop with this nonsense? Its bullcrap of the highest order.
Whoever you think is best is semantics; he's undisputedly top 5. Our defence didn't trust Leno and it affected our ability to play out from the back (also because Leno sucked at distribution).

IstraBalagina

I can't take you seriously if you think Özil was an option for us; guy is stinking up the Turkish league and is well finished. I don't think arteta told edu he didn't want a playmaker :lol: we were getting aouar if his brother wasn't a ****.
Yeah cuz Balogun is amazing, clueless boy

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Whoever you think is best is semantics; he's undisputedly top 5. Our defence didn't trust Leno and it affected our ability to play out from the back (also because Leno sucked at distribution).

Aston Villa have one of the 5 best goalkeepers in the world? Just no.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm not saying that league position is secondary in terms of judging Arteta this season but if we finish in 5th or 6th place but still grinding out results with incohesive final 3rd play. I don't think that's going to convince a lot of Arteta's detractors to get back on board.

Find a bit of cohesion and fluidity up top and finish 5th-6th and I think a lot more fans would be willing to back Mikel a bit more.

Most of us have grown up during the Wenger years and his philosophy is kind of ingrained in how we expect our team to play.
We're a big club and expect a certain footballing identity as well as pretty good results. Mikel has to reach that level this season.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Going to listen to this later, but leaving it here for anyone who's interested.
From 25:00 he starts talking about Arteta / the first team, after talking about his role in the academy and his own personal journey.

Listening to him talk about Arteta reminds me of the great disconnect between what people inside the game say about Arteta and what fans say and think. Surely the truth is somewhere in between but people need to realise that there is not just some kind of pro-Arteta conspiracy inside the game, with people who are close to the game and close to him...yes that can bias them in some ways and that's part of the reason no doubt the truth is somewhere in between, but people would also do well to realise that as said, there is not just some great conspiracy where everyone inside the game has decided to talk effusively about Arteta, there is obviously something to them all believing in him.

I'm not saying that league position is secondary in terms of judging Arteta this season but if we finish in 5th or 6th place but still grinding out results with incohesive final 3rd play. I don't think that's going to convince a lot of Arteta's detractors to get back on board.

Find a bit of cohesion and fluidity up top and finish 5th-6th and I think a lot more fans would be willing to back Mikel a bit more.

Most of us have grown up during the Wenger years and his philosophy is kind of ingrained in how we expect our team to play.
We're a big club and expect a certain footballing identity as well as pretty good results. Mikel has to reach that level this season.

Totally agree with this but what a cohesion, fluidity, and positive footballing style looks like in modern football and the modern football also needs to be contextualised. Thinking we are going to see the artistic, fluid Wengerball of 2005-2010 at a high tactical level in the current, modern landscape in the premier league is not a realistic expectation, that type of fluid, artistic football is dead at the top level. People need to pay more attention to what is going on around us...look at Tuchel who is getting (rightfully, because I have always felt he is a top manager) a lot of praise around here, but his Chelsea, despite having superior talent across the board, from attack to midfield to defence, is not producing attacking, fluid football, the style is far from that. We all agree that Guardiola is the gold standard for football in this league but again, just as I wrote in the PL thread, we see that on Saturday, and in 2 of his games out of 5 this season, despite having the gold standard for talent in the league, pick of attacking, midfield, defensive talent, his team has struggled to make any chance of note or even a shot on goal (3 of the last 6 against English opposition if you include the Chelsea-City match in the CL final). Liverpool the same, they played some very fluid football a few years ago but they are as the years goes on always grinding out goals more and more...Saturday it was 3 goals on corners.

Just think people need to pay attention to the competitive and tactical context in football and of course in the premier league, and it's worrying when people can't even acknowledge the most obvious and basic things in regard to this (ie that the league has improved since first half of last decade compared to the rest of the world).

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Everyone can see that you are totally obsessed with him & refuse to move on. :)
Nah, I'm obsessed with the injustice of abusing and campaigning to remove a manager who'd just come second. And then sucking up to a manager whose come 8th twice and producing the sort of football that Arsenal should pay us to watch.

Top Bottom