• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We really are a terrible, terrible fanbase.

Bar the odd good fan, like you and I, for excellent examples.
I was wholeheartedly Wenger out tbh, but man if only I had known how f*cked off I'd have been in the current timeline.

Had I just known 4th was the holy grail.. I'd have been Wenger In because through all our faults I really bought into the values we had whilst he was here, but here we are.

I'm glad I wasn't at the Emirates foaming at the mouth though, I had largely internalised my frustrations out of respect for the man so that's something at least.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It was before his departure.
Unless Wenger is really petty and irrational he shouldn’t blame Arteta. He can hate the owners, the board and not want to come back to even visit. That I could understand but what did Arteta do? He was an assistant at city, Emery was given the job and failed, was Arteta supposed to turn down a job at one the biggest clubs in the world because they let go Wenger 2 years before? Arteta wasn’t at the club and had nothing to do with his dismissal.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Unless Wenger is really petty and irrational he shouldn’t blame Arteta.
He doesn’t hate Arteta bro :lol:. Did you ever get round to reading his book?

He specifically mentions sections of the board and the fans when talking about those who hurt him. He’s quite complimentary about his former players although he doesn’t mention Arteta at all.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Unless Wenger is really petty and irrational he shouldn’t blame Arteta. He can hate the owners, the board and not want to come back to even visit. That I could understand but what did Arteta do? He was an assistant at city, Emery was given the job and failed, was Arteta supposed to turn down a job at one the biggest clubs in the world because they let go Wenger 2 years before? Arteta wasn’t at the club and had nothing to do with his dismissal.
What are you on about?
I just said that Wenger really disliked his departure from the club, that's why he has never visited the Emirates ever since. And I doubt he's making an exception for Arteta, it's not like they are old pals or something.

Farzad Stoned

He doesn’t hate Arteta bro :lol:. Did you ever get round to reading his book?

He specifically mentions sections of the board and the fans when talking about those who hurt him. He’s quite complimentary about his former players although he doesn’t mention Arteta at all.
I know I agree with you, I am about 60 percent done with his book. Put it down to read something else but probably will finish it shortly. That is my point why would he hate Arteta like some are claiming he wouldn’t even talk to Arteta and Arteta is lying about being in touch with Arsène

Farzad Stoned

What are you on about?
I just said that Wenger really disliked his departure from the club, that's why he has never visited the Emirates ever since. And I doubt he's making an exception for Arteta, it's not like they are old pals or something.
Then why did he buy Arteta, play Arteta, and make him his captain out everyone else on the squad?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

That is my point why would he hate Arteta like some are claiming he wouldn’t even talk to Arteta and Arteta is lying about being in touch with Arsène
There was a bit last season where Arteta claimed he spoke to Wenger for advice regularly and Wenger came out and said he hadn’t spoke to Arteta since he was at the club. So, yeah that was a thing.

Farzad Stoned

Why did he buy Mustafi, play Mustafi and make the captain sometimes?
Wenger bought hundreds of players and dozens of them wore the captain armband.
Piss off, mate.
Yes it would be equally irrational to dislike Mustafi, just like Arteta he didn’t get Arsène fired. I’ll be happy to piss off, trying to talk sense to the irrational is tedious

Farzad Stoned

There was a bit last season where Arteta claimed he spoke to Wenger for advice regularly and Wenger came out and said he hadn’t spoke to Arteta since he was at the club. So, yeah that was a thing.
Interesting but if Arteta reached out to speak to him and he gave Arteta the cold shoulder it would seem petty to me. Either way Arteta shouldn’t lie about it

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
On the pitch, this guy needs to improve our attack and quickly too. As for Wenger, lol at him saying it will be good for the old man. What does he know? And as for tapping in to Wenger's brain and experience, jog on little fella and fail or succeed on your own. Arsène needs to start running.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I dunno man, i think the idiots may now understand his achievements more.
i would love to see Arsène back someday even its just to watch a game or turn up at the training ground , perhaps in an informal ambassador type role.
I dont want him front & centre but I do want him to feel love & that he is appreciated by the club & fans.
I wish that were true but football fans are emotional and unreasonable. Just last weekend Brighton fans were booing Potter for not winning a game. A club that has no business competing for European places but the fans aren’t happy in 9th place and one point off the Conference league. Football fans are entitled and problematic and Wenger has outgrown the need to satisfy them.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We've got such a petty and vindictive fanbase.

I assume we're all Arsenal fans here first and foremost? Therefore we want the club to succeed both on field and off field.

If Arsène came back in some capacity would that be to the betterment of the club as a whole? Undoubtedly yes and it would help right some wrongs the club made in the process and hopefully heal some wounds.

I was Wenger in till the end. I couldn't give a toss who wanted him out back then. I'm not interested in punishing those fans who did or making his potential return about Arteta or Kroenke.

It's up to Arsène If he wants to come back. I'd understand if he didn't but any sane Arsenal fan should want him back in the fold because it would make our club better.

Farzad Stoned

We've got such a petty and vindictive fanbase.

I assume we're all Arsenal fans here first and foremost? Therefore we want the club to succeed both on field and off field.

If Arsène came back in some capacity would that be to the betterment of the club as a whole? Undoubtedly yes and it would help right some wrongs the club made in the process and hopefully heal some wounds.

I was Wenger in till the end. I couldn't give a toss who wanted him out back then. I'm not interested in punishing those fans who did or making his potential return about Arteta or Kroenke.

It's up to Arsène If he wants to come back. I'd understand if he didn't but any sane Arsenal fan should want him back in the fold because it would make our club better.
It is just bizarre to be fighting the civil war long after it is over. I would like to see Wenger back at the club in some capacity but not as a manager, maybe as a board member and I think he would be great in the running the commercial sponsorship and promoting the club. But I can respect his decision to if he didn’t want to have anything to do with the club

Latest posts+

Top Bottom