• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

D

Deleted member 102404

I think there really has to be a discussion about Auba. First we didn’t create enough chances for him, then we sold him mid season when we were in a CL race. Think we would’ve scored a few more had he stayed, that’s could’ve been the difference between 5th and 4th.

Even if you argue he was a trouble maker, which is VERY dubious to me, you have to question why we didn’t get rid in the summer or waited a few months more.

Yeah it was silly to keep him going into this past season.
Should have sold him in the summer.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There have been several discussions on Auba. What is there that’s new to be discussed?
Now that the season has ended and we’ve missed out on CL by a small fraction, I think this situation is very questionable. We’re reviewing the season in general in various threads - best players, transfers etc, those have been discussed many times.

Yet another **** up by Arteta.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Are you high? Emery was desperate to get rid but he got little support and couldn't in the end.

The way history is rewritten on here to prop up Mikel is dangerous.
Emrey given the chances MA got and the transfer money would have done a better job. I can't understand why people are happy with mediocrity because that's what we will have with this so-called manager.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Now that the season has ended and we’ve missed out on CL by a small fraction, I think this situation is very questionable. We’re reviewing the season in general in various threads - best players, transfers etc, those have been discussed many times.

Yet another **** up by Arteta.
So are you looking for some push back on this point of view? Or are you looking for others to agree with you that Arteta’s an invalid?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No, what are you sources? You were stating it all as hard facts, like there was some infalable proof. The british core weren't that younger than him.

Bendtner said Arteta was very intense and he couldn't be gotten around, which is why he always felt he would be a manager (and a good one at that, according to Niklas).

Ex-Rangers star Arteta was proper arrogant and a bit of a 'd***' says Rae

Former teamate of his from Rangers.

There's a story somewhere about Arteta when he was captain and people weren't really warm to him, but I can't remember from where it was.

Plenty of reports of how laser focused and sort of cold he can be, he wasn't an amazingly popular captain within the squad, just a respected one.
Massive tw@t of a man

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

If you read this what is left of your brain will explode. The Arsenal brain trust chose cultural reset and rebuild over the CL. Auba was let go for nothing on a minor indiscretion in service of their god the “Process”. Arsenal chose to tank the CL to serve the Process, the only thing that would of changed the culture of loserball Arteta has instilled would have been the players we could of attracted with CL money and football. These guys must think we are all super stupid. Yeah if you chose to bomb Cl for the Process then this is the worst mismanagement since the trump administration

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think the late implosion of this season has many similarities to how we imploded in 2019.

The frustrating thing is of course that on both occasions we missed by a single point from Sp*rs.

But the reason of why this has happened has to be focused on the failures in January.

On January 2019, Emery was looking to bolster attack by getting one of Perisic or Carrasco on loan, yet Raul strong-armed him by bringing an absolute dud in Denis Suarez. I am pretty sure that any of Perisic or Carrasco on loan by Emery would've brought us few extra goals/points come May 2019.

Similarly on this January 2022, we didn't get anyone, but in contrast to '19 we did the stupid thing to offload players, paying them to leave, thus further decreasing our squad depth. As many have stated, had Arteta gone past his galactic ego and found a way to reintroduce Auba into the team, we would've surely get more goals against specific opposition and you'd have the CL anthem now blasting on the sidebar.

Another difference is that while Emery was fighting for CL through the league and EL competition, Arteta had one game a week, yet he failed.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I have no doubt Emery could have done a better job with the power and resources that Arteta had been given.
You do wonder what would happen if Emery was allowed to sign exactly who he wanted, get rid of exactly who we wanted with the board pushing out constant propaganda to keep the fans on side.

The main point people trot out is that he lost the dressing room but that wouldn't have happened if he could ditch any voices of dissent without having to worry about league finish. The Özil situation is a perfect example of Emery being forced to play someone he'd have ditched if he wasn't under pressure to get results.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I think there really has to be a discussion about Auba. First we didn’t create enough chances for him, then we sold him mid season when we were in a CL race. Think we would’ve scored a few more had he stayed, that’s could’ve been the difference between 5th and 4th.

Even if you argue he was a trouble maker, which is VERY dubious to me, you have to question why we didn’t get rid in the summer or waited a few months more.

Auba wasn't a trouble maker, simply a character bigger than Tets could handle & his fragile ego was threatened. Auba's a saint compared to Neymar & his ilk.

He took his exile in silence like a man breaking said silence only when he was at Barca & saying pretty much what we all suspected. It was an issue between him and Tets, nothing more nothing less.

Letting him go in January WITHOUT recruiting anyone to fill the void left by Auba was a foolish gamble that led to our collapse & it is solely on him and justification enough for his sacking.

Yet, this is no longer a big football club, otherwise he would've been sacked at St. James Park after full time when it was evident our top 4 goal was dead & buried.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think the late implosion of this season has many similarities to how we imploded in 2019.

The frustrating thing is of course that on both occasions we missed by a single point from Sp*rs.

But the reason of why this has happened has to be focused on the failures in January.

On January 2019, Emery was looking to bolster attack by getting one of Perisic or Carrasco on loan, yet Raul strong-armed him by bringing an absolute dud in Denis Suarez. I am pretty sure that any of Perisic or Carrasco on loan by Emery would've brought us few extra goals/points come May 2019.

Similarly on this January 2022, we didn't get anyone, but in contrast to '19 we did the stupid thing to offload players, paying them to leave, thus further decreasing our squad depth. As many have stated, had Arteta gone past his galactic ego and found a way to reintroduce Auba into the team, we would've surely get more goals against specific opposition and you'd have the CL anthem now blasting on the sidebar.

Another difference is that while Emery was fighting for CL through the league and EL competition, Arteta had one game a week, yet he failed.

I highlighted this aplenty when that season ended, Perisic or Carrasco would have got us top 4 but at the same time we only wanted them on loans, and if I recall correctly the clubs at the time wanted to insert an obligation to buy, we turned to Suarez and Barcelona said the same until they agreed just a loan.

So there are similarities in that if the right players aren't available we won't push ahead on a transfer. Auba was a very smart January transfer but looking at Isak for 75M wouldn't have been, Vlahovic for me would have been very similar to Auba.

I think in both cases this January and Emery's of 19 the club wanted to do business but they didn't want to commit to overpaying when we still could have achieved 4th in both scenarios without doing any transfers as you say it's only a point but that should fall on the coaches as well.

I for one, looking at the targets in January will gladly back the fact we did no business and let's be honest looking at where we finished this season it was down to Mikel not the fact we didn't do January business so in my opinion I back the clubs stance.

Gone off a bit on a tangent.

Farzad Stoned

A fair request.

He's better than Jesse Marsch, Mike Jackson, Dean Smith. That's about it.
Honestly I might take one or two of the managers you listed as worse.

I call Arteta a pub league manager, my apologies to pub league managers as they can manage to field a competent team at their level with zero budget; I doubt Arteta could manage it. His bottle job this season leads me to believe he would only be slightly over qualified for coaching 9 year olds. No one even notices if you are missing players and they are looking forward to the Oranges and juice boxes at half. One competition he couldn’t field a quality team after 280 million and 2 and half years after he threw away high priced talent to fix the culture. All his competitors were in 3 or 4. Lol, go get the girls their juice boxes Mik.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Honestly I might take one or two of the managers you listed as worse.

I call Arteta a pub league manager, my apologies to pub league managers as they can manage to field a competent team at their level with zero budget; I doubt Arteta could manage it. His bottle job this season leads me to believe he would only be slightly over qualified for coaching 9 year olds. No one even notices if you are missing players and they are looking forward to the Oranges and juice boxes at half. One competition he couldn’t field a quality team after 280 million and 2 and half years after he threw away high priced talent to fix the culture. All his competitors were in 3 or 4. Lol, go get the girls their juice boxes Mik.

God forbid! I wouldn't want him coaching my sons let alone other people's kids!

I can only imagine him telling 9 year olds that replacing post match orange slices & kitkats with carrot sticks are part of his non-negotiables & if they don't like it they can leave lest they make the atmosphere toxic :lol:

Farzad Stoned

I can only imagine him telling 9 year olds that replacing post match orange slices & kitkats with carrot sticks are part of his non-negotiables & if they don't like it they can leave lest they make the atmosphere toxic :lol:
He would kick the star player the only player that can play off the team because he was 2 minutes late to practice on three separate occasions

Farzad Stoned

He needs to stop acting like he is freaking Dali Lama or Tony Robbins and start being a winner. I read a book on Showtime Lakers who played the most beautiful basketball in NBA history and 5 championships with 8 finals appearances and their players were passing out from days long crack benders and Magic was hosting rogues that would make Hefner blush. They were freaking Rolling Stones of US sports in their day; they were grown men no one hired him to be the chief hall monitor or corporate culture coach.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
He needs to stop acting like he is freaking Dali Lama or Tony Robbins and start being a winner. I read a book on Showtime Lakers who played the most beautiful basketball in NBA history and 5 championships with 8 finals appearances and their players were passing out from days long crack benders and Magic was hosting rogues that would make Hefner blush. They were freaking Rolling Stones of US sports in their day; they were grown men no one hired him to be the chief hall monitor or corporate culture coach.
Totally different eras. It was like that in football too in those eras. Ronaldo Nazario used to go to matches after having huge parties here in Madrid the night before that we all knew about.

Things have changed. Everyone in the sport knows this and has commented on it.

Farzad Stoned

Totally different eras. It was like that in football too in those eras. Ronaldo Nazario used to go to matches after having huge parties here in Madrid the night before that we all knew about.

Things have changed. Everyone in the sport knows this and has commented on it.
You miss the point the Lakers were also to a man the fittest teams with the hardest practices. Riley was famous micro manager and invented the tricks a lot of modern coaches use. The point is no but corporate bureaucrats giving a flying poop about culture. You are in show business mate the talent is more important than your stupid cultural reload.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom