• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The most authoritarian part of me understands wanting to have strict standards of behaviour, and I guess that if you’re accountable to employers then you need evidence (even though it’s a terrible look). But why in the **** did we give him a new contract if it was such a persistent problem!?

Poorly handled by the looks of it.

Also it’s not an issue if he’s banging in the goals in. They knew about these issues before they renewed him.

If he’d shown his Barcelona form us he’d still be here.

Corbulo

Arteta is not the dictator I thought, not at all. He's just an insecure 40 year-old virgin. He keeps his home clean and neat, writes meticulous match reports, closes his eyes while eating chocolate etc.

You see him showing up at the table trying to strike up a conversation with Cedric about quantum mechanics, not taking full responsibility for Auba exile etc. The poor man is trying to exert influence however he can. Overall Arteta comes across as a really annoying boss. When your manager is frustrated and knows he's struggling in the job, everybody else in the group will feel the spear charge on their stomach.

In the Amazon series we can observe his overwhelming doubt, confusion, hesitation, and uncertainty, constantly feeling like a fraud. "We have decided as a club that Auba is no longer our captain. We are peaceful people, yet our armored train stands at the ready" bullshit.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think Auba should have stayed till the summer and Arteta was wrong to handle it as he did.

Still, we can't say the fundamental reason Auba was canned was because he wasn't scoring and also say if we'd have kept him we'd have got 4th.

It's not logical. It's already been admitted he wasn't producing the goods :lol:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I love it. Proves that Arteta has integrity. It all goes back to his three non negotiables. You follow them, Arteta defends you no matter what. You break them and you’re binned. This was made clear to everyone long before it happened.
Arteta's non negotiables:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Still, we can't say the fundamental reason Auba was canned was because he wasn't scoring
It was though. Why is it that when Auba stopped scoring and was going through that bad form that the club started leaking all his misdemeanors?

Don't you find it a tad suspicious that even Arteta gave him a huge contract.

Arteta doesn't care about any **** culture or stuff like that. Arteta gave a player a big contract. A player he knew had a history of tardiness.

The truth is that Arteta won't have cared had Auba continued to produce on the pitch.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arteta is not the dictator I thought, not at all. He's just an insecure 40 year-old virgin. He keeps his home clean and neat, writes meticulous match reports, closes his eyes while eating chocolate etc.

You see him showing up at the table trying to strike up a conversation with Cedric about quantum mechanics, not taking full responsibility for Auba exile etc. The poor man is trying to exert influence however he can. Overall Arteta comes across as a really annoying boss. When your manager is frustrated and knows he's struggling in the job, everybody else in the group will feel the spear charge on their stomach.

In the Amazon series we can observe his overwhelming doubt, confusion, hesitation, and uncertainty, constantly feeling like a fraud. "We have decided as a club that Auba is no longer our captain. We are peaceful people, yet our armored train stands at the ready" bullshit.

This is a well thought out and written opinion, credit is due.

Conversely, Im of the opinion that the content written here is absolute balderdash, or absolute garbage for those non native speakers who havent come across that word before. It seems you have it all figured out but in reality it could very well be your bias and other negative nonsense that drive your "informed" view. What a ****ing waste of a minute trying to take you seriously there.

What's great however is that neither yours or my opinion matters in the abilities and potential of Arteta, or any other "observation" that you think you have made. It will be our performances as a unit this season. So Im looking forward to a follow up discussion

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The reason he was canned was because he was on £350k a week, he wasn't scoring and he was seen to be taking the piss. It was an accumulation of all those things, probably in equal measure. Like others have said, if you're scoring 30 goals a season you can put up with that ****, but if you're performing badly then you'll be out the door. That's not really exclusive to sports either, it happens in a lot of other places of work.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
Arteta just looks like a cheerleader and motivational speaker than an actual manager.
Tactically he looks completely inept as players look visibly confused when he's trying to dictate a game plan.
Project youf in tatters once Liverpool come in with a 20m bid for saka

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta just looks like a cheerleader and motivational speaker than an actual manager.
This is mostly the job nowadays.

Tactically he looks completely inept as players look visibly confused when he's trying to dictate a game plan.
They purposely don’t show that stuff, so there’s actually still no accurate depiction of his tactical ability.

Tbf this recent Auba reveal just confirms Arteta is lame really. One of those bosses. Distrusts you if you’re quiet, compiles dossiers on you scheming on your downfall instead of being upfront and direct.

I try my best to like him as he is front and centre of the club atm but he just rubs me the wrong way. B*tch middle management vibes to me.

Haphazard

Like I've said before Arteta has small man syndrome like Napoleon but Napoleon at least had some success in Europe.

It's also funny hearing his stans talking about how Auba was horrible in the last 18 months while ignoring their manager's incompetence for the past 2.5 years.

D

Deleted member 102404

Like I've said before Arteta has small man syndrome like Napoleon but Napoleon at least had some success in Europe.

It's also funny hearing his stans talking about how Auba was horrible in the last 18 months while ignoring their manager's incompetence for the past 2.5 years.
Well you’d get a range of views on Arteta over the last 2.5yrs.
Personally I think he started well, won a trophy with some smart tactics using what he had, was absolutely dreadful for the first half of his second season (incompetent is right), then we saw a significant improvement and a major squad overhaul to where we are today, so overall a mixed bag but heading in the right direction. I think our squad now is looking so much better. Pivotal season ahead.

For Auba’s last 18 months with us though, I don’t think anyone would call it anything other but poor.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Auba and Laca's only crime was that they were sh*t and it's about time I and everyone else who didn't like it accepted it.

Certain man being around today just proves the culture and behavioral stuff is a bunch of malarkey. The club has no values if you look at how they've gone on for the past few years.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Auba and Laca's only crime was that they were sh*t and it's about time I and everyone else who didn't like it accepted it.

Certain man being around today just proves the culture and behavioral stuff is a bunch of malarkey. The club has no values if you look at how they've gone on for the past few years.
Do you go to Barca and get best striker stats in all 5 European leagues if you’re sh!t? And why would Arteta give him a bumper new contract if he was sh!t. Did they fall out? Did Auba just have a dry spell, like Kane? Hopefully, AON will answer some of this stuff.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I kinda wanted more tactical stuff and more in depth what goes on in training but equally I understand why they weren't showing that stuff tbh. Like I'd love to see in more detail what Arteta wants from the system and how he wants his players to play/be in certain actions. All we've really got so far in the documentary is that wee game they played where they had to remember all the positions in the attacking and defending phases which was very brief.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom