• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I really like how he uses zinchenko tactically. Dropping him in to midfield in possession often was very noticeable, with xhaka pushing right up. Both had very productive games and if gave us options between the lines consistently.

Starting to believe in Arteta. If you take it as a whole, 3 seasons later our largely valueless squad has an FA Cup, loads of young players with huge resale value, a new world class striker (Plain to see), and a clear identity and profile.

I still find him a bit annoying though.

Mohamed7

We need a quality CM, a number 8, to take us further forward. We can’t rely on Xhaka and Partley for a half season let alone an entire one. I am not sure if we got 50m-70m remaining.

Mohamed7

In addition, Ode really should work on his finishing and movement in the final third. He must contribute goals to the team otherwise we are off days away from the Gabbys and Saka (having already) for us to drop points.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
We need a quality CM, a number 8, to take us further forward. We can’t rely on Xhaka and Partley for a half season let alone an entire one. I am not sure if we got 50m-70m remaining.

I checked Forbes the other day, our debt/ratio is very low.

Not sure how liquidity works and the valuation of players as assets but we are in a very healthy financial position by the looks of things, if they wanted to fund further player acquisitions I don't see why not.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Said it already but the way Xhaka's been used is real good management. He identified a while back that Xhaka couldn't be the deep midfielder, has since pushed him forward and is now taking advantage of how much of a handful he can be by encouraging him to make runs into the box. Don't think anyone could have foresaw this evolution of Xhaka's game and the way we've adapted our tactics. We've come along way from Xhaka and Ceballos being parked in front of our back 4/5.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

His subs are terrible.

Should be bringing players on at 60-65 mins. I know Pep hardly changes things but he’s got a higher level of talent and rotates 2/3 players every game. He’s going to lose the trust of Nketiah etc if they just keep getting 5 mins.

Injuries will also pop up if he doesn’t tweak things now and then. No reason why Tierney doesn’t start at Bournemouth or Tomiyasu at RB.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The atmosphere at the ground yesterday was the best it's been since the RVP/Cesc days where we threatened title challenges. There was a buzz at the pubs before the game, walking to the stadium and in the stadium.

Think the club have made a mini singing section behind the goal in the clock end, who were bouncing all game. A lot of love for Zinchenko, Saliba and Arteta himself.

Say what you want about Arteta, but at the games at least he has unified the supporters and the team. That can only benefit the team.

Slug457

Say what you want about Arteta, but at the games at least he has unified the supporters and the team. That can only benefit the team.
I think that's something many Arteta critics have always "conceded", the manner in which he has managed to get the fans behind the "process" and totally supporting the team again is exemplary, even during the 8th season in which we fell out of Europe he managed to keep the fans onside, if not positive! It's likely unprecedented in football to be doing that poorly at a club our size yet still keep near all the fans on board.

That's part of the reason I expect us to be pushing top 3. Players levels go up 5%-10% with a totally supportive fanbase, if abuse is being screamed at them by own fans/protests within the stadium/half empty stadiums I.E Wenger, or a graveyard atmosphere I.E Emery your levels drop 5%-10%. The manner in which our fans supported Saliba after his own goal was the greatest example of this, years ago fans would have effing and jeffing and being negative which can harm a young player, now it is immediate positivity! Such a massive boost to a young player who makes a mistake.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
So? Last season we had a better squad. Most of this forum tipped us to finish above them.
That's just unsubstantiated opinion. I thought we had a similar quality wise squad last season. But they had better strikers & more depth. Pretty much all on the Sp**s forums thought we were behind them.
There's a strong case that this season we have the 6th best squad in the league behind Sp**s & Man U.
Did you not tip us to finish 5th last season & 6th this season based on that?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
His subs are terrible.

Should be bringing players on at 60-65 mins. I know Pep hardly changes things but he’s got a higher level of talent and rotates 2/3 players every game. He’s going to lose the trust of Nketiah etc if they just keep getting 5 mins.

Injuries will also pop up if he doesn’t tweak things now and then. No reason why Tierney doesn’t start at Bournemouth or Tomiyasu at RB.
Agree about the subs, but don't think he needs to start rotating yet. He should let the first eleven establish themselves and develop chemistry before he starts rotating to rest them. Rewarding Zinchenko's great performance by dropping him in favour of an average player wouldn't make much sense.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
Hopefully we don't slip up against Bournemouth, we're going to play against those bogey teams soon be interested to see how they do.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Tomi and Tierney are injury prone anyway. It makes sense to be careful with reintroducing them. FB's don't bother me, we're pretty set there depth wise.

It's the CM region that concerns me rotation wise. It's fine if we now thing Xhaka is good enough to be a starter but he and Partey can't play every game and the drop off is too significant to Elneny and Lokonga and Vieira is going to need time to settle and adapt. We could really do with Arteta / Edu bringing one more CM in, at least for rotation purposes preferably with PL experience so he can slot tight in.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think that's something many Arteta critics have always "conceded", the manner in which he has managed to get the fans behind the "process" and totally supporting the team again is exemplary, even during the 8th season in which we fell out of Europe he managed to keep the fans onside, if not positive! It's likely unprecedented in football to be doing that poorly at a club our size yet still keep near all the fans on board.

That's part of the reason I expect us to be pushing top 3. Players levels go up 5%-10% with a totally supportive fanbase, if abuse is being screamed at them by own fans/protests within the stadium/half empty stadiums I.E Wenger, or a graveyard atmosphere I.E Emery your levels drop 5%-10%. The manner in which our fans supported Saliba after his own goal was the greatest example of this, years ago fans would have effing and jeffing and being negative which can harm a young player, now it is immediate positivity! Such a massive boost to a young player who makes a mistake.
Top post again bro. Shelling out vast quantities of money on quality players gets the fans excited every time. Like giving kids toys, it’s a no brainier. Add a stack of PR about the process and what’s coming, like a big movie trailer, and they’re hooked.

The club has now got to deliver of course. But with that amount of spending it’s going to be very hard to fail. The acquisitions this year have been the icing on the cake.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta is **** but the team is good. We’ve invested 500m into this squad.
Been saying for a long time on here that if you want to be title challengers you have to spend title challenging money.

I may have been mocked and abused mercilessly because it absolved Wenger for not winning in recent years, but Josh has clearly been reading my posts. :lol:

Top Bottom