• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I don’t know too many AM posters dumb enough start Willian over wingback Saka for most of a season. Give me 400 million pounds

lol at least have the balls to quote me or mention me so I know you are having a go. Until 2 week wonder Mikel wins something big I refuse to give him slack for bonehead mistakes. So 51 million pounds is a good investment for a back up CB and RB, while Xhaka is lumbering around your midfield? Glad to know you lack logical reasoning along with a hatred of histrionical analogies. But if you want to trash someone put a name on it. By the way I think everything you write is pure ****, feelings mutual

Fixed…

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

I don't really believe any of you claiming this time is do or die for him. You've already had such conversations, more than once. You're fans, it's your moral compromise to make excuses. You're slaves of your supporting stance.

I don't believe Edu and co either, if we miss out again as long as you can make a half convincing explanation, justify improvement, argue that it's just a matter of one or two extra players or that we were unlucky, Arteta can perfectly stay and keep trying. The abstract line of a complete rebuild will get done when it's done. It can perfectly take 20 years, all he had to do is keep renewing Xhaka.
Fan of what exactly? Arsenal? Guilty as charged. I assume you mean specifically a fan of arteta as opposed to Arsenal. Not sure who this is directed to. Big accusation either way…

In any case your view is demonstrably wrong. Pretty much every Arsenal fan thought wenger walked on water. But when things turned sour a whole bunch of them turned on him like hungry cats stuck in an apartment with their dead owner. Point being, no, “fans” do not have unconditional love. That’s reserved for like, I dunno, your child…

I’m a fan of where Arsenal are at this moment in time, both on and off the pitch. I’m therefore content with Mikel at the helm. But this all changes if we don’t get top4. Then I’m going full cat.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I don't really believe any of you claiming this time is do or die for him. You've already had such conversations, more than once. You're fans, it's your moral compromise to make excuses. You're slaves of your supporting stance.

I don't believe Edu and co either, if we miss out again as long as you can make a half convincing explanation, justify improvement, argue that it's just a matter of one or two extra players or that we were unlucky, Arteta can perfectly stay and keep trying. The abstract line of a complete rebuild will get done when it's done. It can perfectly take 20 years, all he had to do is keep renewing Xhaka.

In what sense? no one here has any power to extend, fire or do anything else to Arteta. The only statement I can make is that my personal patience for the project will come to an end at the end of the season if we're not in the CL places, as I've stated before. I'm sure many feel the same or similar.

As for being slaves of a supporting stance...I feel this might be projection. You're fed up with Arteta, refuse to see the obvious improvements and don't want to now support a project you'd already deemed a failure previously.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
In what sense? no one here has any power to extend, fire or do anything else to Arteta. The only statement I can make is that my personal patience for the project will come to an end at the end of the season if we're not in the CL places, as I've stated before. I'm sure many feel the same or similar.

As for being slaves of a supporting stance...I feel this might be projection. You're fed up with Arteta, refuse to see the obvious improvements and don't want to now support a project you'd already deemed a failure previously.
Have to agree with you here. I’m no fan of Arteta by any stretch of the imagination, think he’s an average coach so far from what I’ve seen but he’s not going anywhere, he’s got the clubs full backing so we may as well support it for now.

we’ve got a really good squad at the moment and he has made some top signings, so I’m excited to see what happens.

Arteta’s coaching qualities is less of a worry for me when we’ve got a great squad of players who are putting 100% in every week. Just need to bring in another midfielder and we’re set.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This talk of challenging for the title or finishing second, I just don't agree with.

We haven't earned the right to be put in the same breath as Man City or Liverpool. We had an okay season last year and have won two tricky but winnable games this season. That's it.

3rd would be an excellent season.
4th would be good.
Anything below would be unacceptable.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
This talk of challenging for the title or finishing second, I just don't agree with.

We haven't earned the right to be put in the same breath as Man City or Liverpool. We had an okay season last year and have won two tricky but winnable games this season. That's it.

4th would be good.
Pretty much where I see it. Amazing how horny the sexuals get from just a little foreplay. Considering the turgid garbage football we have watched the last couple of seasons and the obvious boneheaded errors and some of the worst managing I have ever seen second half of last season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I agree in that as long as new players keep coming in these man are fine even if they ended up 5th or 6th, the summer window kind of the highlight now.

I can't think of many scenarios that would cost Arteta his job at this point, it would be very difficult to replace him now anyways. Well, unless the Kroenkes were happy to fund another rebuild.

Farzad Stoned

I think we should be looking at 75 points as a minimum this season. We finished 69 last season and that's with many silly losses vs Brentford, Everton, United in the first half of the season and our collapse at the end.
Only two teams took all 6 points, I think the 4th place total points will be low this year. In fact I see a relatively low point total probably for everyone from 2-6 spots. So 4th should be doable

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

4th would be good.

The only way you get put in that conversation is if you do it or get close. Sounds obvious because it is obvious. If we go ahead and finish 2nd this year, we will be talked about as a team who can win the league more and more.

Farzad Stoned

Let me give Arteta some credit the man is 3-1-1 against United and really should be 5-0 if you watched any of those matches. Now United have been garbage but he does get bonus points in my book for that. I even big upped Xhaka lately I think the sunshine and humidity in Mexico is making me giddy or something

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
If every main player in our squad stays fit we could Mount a title challenge, I don’t see why not?
But of course, the squad’s unlikely to stay injury free, and we lack depth. As things stand, if Partey, Xhaka, Jesus, Saka, or 2 of our first choice back line get injured we’re in trouble.

Get a quality winger to challenge Saka and a DM to challenge Partey and we’re much better set.

Melquiades

If every main player in our squad stays fit we could Mount a title challenge, I don’t see why not?
But of course, the squad’s unlikely to stay injury free, and we lack depth. As things stand, if Partey, Xhaka, Jesus, Saka, or 2 of our first choice back line get injured we’re in trouble.

Get a quality winger to challenge Saka and a DM to challenge Partey and we’re much better set.

Biggest thing is a DM, especially given Partey's situation.

Sambi and Elneny are good enough for the odd emergency start or easy Europa league game but if either of those guys has to start a run of games, we're ****ed.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

It's just a way for @Makingtrax to claim the season was a failure if we say finish 3rd rather than pushing for a title like his trolling wants you to believe.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
It's just a way for @Makingtrax to claim the season was a failure if we say finish 3rd rather than pushing for a title like his trolling wants you to believe.
He said our squad is as good as Liverpool and did comparison by excluding Thiago, fabinho, konate, matip and including Nat Phillips, Elliot, Milner because they played yesterday :lol:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

He said our squad is as good as Liverpool and did comparison by excluding Thiago, fabinho, konate, matip and including Nat Phillips, Elliot, Milner because they played yesterday :lol:
A special breed..

jim-carrey-goofy.gif

Slug457

And so did our opponents. I’d wager they don’t think that anymore.
Back to back 8th and then a 5th with the massive advantage of no Europe all on record spending suggests differently. We have fallen mightily as a footballing institution since those days, couldn't even compete in the conference league last season never might against Europes elite anymore, the amount of records broken by losing to this small team and that for the first time in many decades under Arteta is enormous. If players now have more fear of us it isn't reflected in results or the way they play against us, teams used to park the bus all game at the Emirates just to try and keep the score down, many now try and take the game to us.

Slug457

I don't really believe any of you claiming this time is do or die for him. You've already had such conversations, more than once.
Bingo. Was do or die last season, was do or die the season before. Same old excuses were trotted out to justify failure. Will be the same this season if we do fail. The difference is we've atleast taken a little step forward in that the minimum expectation should be 4th rather than having zero expectations/being happy with 8th/5th is a success and what have you.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Bingo. Was do or die last season, was do or die the season before. Same old excuses were trotted out to justify failure. Will be the same this season if we do fail. The difference is we've atleast taken a little step forward in that the minimum expectation should be 4th rather than having zero expectations/being happy with 8th/5th is a success and what have you.

You sure about that? Or was that you projecting your own feelings onto the pro-Arteta lot?

I know you can't be talking about me because I wasn't even posting here last season or the season before when it was allegedly "do or die".

Additionally, I'm still yet to see anyone name anyone who is happy with 8th place finishes or even 5th place finishes, maybe you'll be the first to name someone?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom