• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

shoot for the top

I think Pep is of the Wenger “mould” in that he also has a philosophy of play and he sticks to it. But the actual philosophy is much more aligned with Michels/Cruyff than what we saw with the great wenger teams. Hardly a surprise considering he’s a Barca product. And from the 2 games of this season I think Arteta is the same. It’s all about the half spaces…

I wasn’t wedded to wengerball although I did love it. More than wengerball itself what I do want is this paradigm of manager, one that has a clear attacking philosophy. I think Arteta so far hasn’t had the squad he wanted to be able to play the style of football he wanted, but now he does and we’re seeing a pretty different style of football. Major caveat: it’s only been 2 games and it’s taken a hell of a lot of money to “get the squad that he wants” so it’s time to deliver. As the Aussies would say, “we’re not here to f*ck spiders”
Arteta style is sideway passes. We have seen that for 2 seasons, the only difference this year is that the younger players developed a bit more and a Gabriel Jesus.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Arteta style is sideway passes. We have seen that for 2 seasons, the only difference this year is that the younger players developed a bit more and a Gabriel Jesus.
Really? That’s all you saw in pre season and the first two games? Can’t tell if you’re a wum or if you need glasses…

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Have you not been paying attention the last few seasons?

View attachment 8606

View attachment 8608

View attachment 8609
Anemic attack numbers especially when you consider the fact that we lead league in set piece goals. Arteta’s side up till now have been total trash on the eyes. Some matches I honestly regret wasting 2 hours on. After 2 matches they are saying he is an attack oriented manager, lol. The actual numbers are poor and aesthetically it has been awful till really the last match which I haven’t seen since I been in Mexico but will watch when I get home.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

So you based his style on the last 2 games as opposed to the 50 prior ones?
You do understand that style isn’t a fixed object right? I am hopeful that yes, as of this season with this personnel, what we’ve witnessed in the last 2 games is more indicative of our “style” going forwards than the last 2 seasons. Because there were fundamental differences in the patterns of play. Overlaps, underlaps and runners in the half spaces etc. All new patterns for Arsenal really. And we finally have the personnel to put on an effective press throughout the team. I don’t think it’s the “finished” article and I think there’s areas we could improve (like the entire right hand side) but we’ve clearly been working on our style of play in the off season and it shows.

shoot for the top

You do understand that style isn’t a fixed object right? I am hopeful that yes, as of this season with this personnel, what we’ve witnessed in the last 2 games is more indicative of our “style” going forwards than the last 2 seasons. Because there were fundamental differences in the patterns of play. Overlaps, underlaps and runners in the half spaces etc. All new patterns for Arsenal really. And we finally have the personnel to put on an effective press throughout the team. I don’t think it’s the “finished” article and I think there’s areas we could improve (like the entire right hand side) but we’ve clearly been working on our style of play in the off season and it shows.
That's BS, Kloop got Liverpool playing his style of football not long into the job. Conte the same. All I hear is excuses.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
There’s a reluctance to accept that a large chunk of our improvement is due to spending. At this point nobody really wants him sacked they just want some accountability and some answers re: how much of it is Mikel vs how much is the chequebook.

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

Top Bottom