• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

How am I making excuses?

I've said multiple times I think Arteta should get sacked if he doesn't get top 4 this season given the backing he's had.

Harder or more competitive, however you want to phrase it.
It is 100% projection in this case. If you like @Makingtrax always post with an agenda, you will by default assume every other poster does the same. That is why anything positive about Arteta automatically becomes something negative / disrespectful about Wenger. This is why simple statements of fact become hugely problematic and must be argued against: Be it how competitive the PL is, if referees are biased against us, the club spending more on players etc. etc.

He basically acts like a political online spin doctor on steroids. Trumpesque and SAD!

Kav

Established Member
No, it just means Conte did more than was expected.

Half a season in charge is not a true attempt, when you take over a club in crisis.

Just like Arteta did more than was expected when he won FA Cup that season.
This is the dumbest post.

Using your logic, I guess Chelsea didn’t make a true attempt to win the champions league in the half season Tuchel was there. 🙄

Your attempt to add “crisis” as a context is superfluous.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is the dumbest post.

Using your logic, I guess Chelsea didn’t make a true attempt to win the champions league in the half season Tuchel was there. 🙄

Your attempt to add “crisis” as a context is superfluous.
Of course anyone tries to win, but in my books when you take over a club in crisis (it's basically always a crisis if manager is sacked, different levels of course), it's not a true attempt that can be counted as so, especially at half season point.

Tuchel also overachieved for what was expected (also with the help of great draws as opponents), but it wasn't a season where he had a pre-season and could get his own players in a summer window, where players are easier to get and cheaper.

It's not difficult to understand, but you can make it hard for yourself if you want to. These lurkers, oh man.. :lol:

vantoure

Lampard got top 4 though :lol:

After a transfer embargo too. Off the top of my head it wasn't an amazing squad with a lot of players Arsenal fans would want. We know this cause one of them came here in the shape of Willian and a lot them have been phased out.

Arteta can clearly coach and definitely has an idea of the way he wants to play, but doesn't every manager? I don't buy the prodigious thing one bit and people will think I'm being facetious saying this after back to back wins but I'm just being honest. I see the marketing, the mistakes and the support he gets from the club however.

The one thing I could possibly point out is his ability to manage upwards? Something Tuchel, Conte and many of his peers famously struggle with he seems to have a knack for it.
This. Absolutely this

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lampard got top 4 though :lol:

After a transfer embargo too. Off the top of my head it wasn't an amazing squad with a lot of players Arsenal fans would want. We know this cause one of them came here in the shape of Willian and a lot them have been phased out.

Arteta can clearly coach and definitely has an idea of the way he wants to play, but doesn't every manager? I don't buy the prodigious thing one bit and people will think I'm being facetious saying this after back to back wins but I'm just being honest. I see the marketing, the mistakes and the support he gets from the club however.

The one thing I could possibly point out is his ability to manage upwards? Something Tuchel, Conte and many of his peers famously struggle with he seems to have a knack for it.
True. There’s more to management than coaching though. Man management wise, he’s had it very easy being able to ship out quickly any players that might upset the dynamics of the squad. Something Unai didn’t get. And of course when you have a team of new players all joining at a similar time there’s likely to be a natural cohesiveness.

Some clever stuff from the club here, prepared to take some heavy loses to invest in a new manager. Whether Arteta has the other managerial skills necessary, other than pure coaching, to keep this momentum up long term is another matter.

drippin

Whether Arteta has the other managerial skills necessary, other than pure coaching, to keep this momentum up long term is another matter.
The momentum for top 4 has been there since half point of last season.

FdMTz8JaAAEv2gj

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It is 100% projection in this case. If you like @Makingtrax always post with an agenda, you will by default assume every other poster does the same. That is why anything positive about Arteta automatically becomes something negative / disrespectful about Wenger. This is why simple statements of fact become hugely problematic and must be argued against: Be it how competitive the PL is, if referees are biased against us, the club spending more on players etc. etc.

He basically acts like a political online spin doctor on steroids. Trumpesque and SAD!
The fact that you keep on mentioning me in your posts using words like, sly, spin, agenda means my posting is clearly making you doubt your own position. Anybody confident in their stance would just skim over posts they don’t agree with. In fact your incessant sycophantic obsession with Arteta possibly making top 4 when you spent years wanting us to lose matches and raving at Wenger for doing exactly that, doesn’t really worry me. That’s why I never insult you. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The momentum for top 4 has been there since half point of last season.

FdMTz8JaAAEv2gj
Yeah, if he hadn’t bottled all those games at the end and maybe included Saliba last season, we might be there already.

drippin

Yeah, if he hadn’t bottled all those games at the end and maybe included Saliba last season, we might be there already.
It was always an uphill battle after the start of the season, problems with Auba, Xhaka injured etc. Just look at that xG difference until a bit before the half point.

Luckily this season the team has been together for a season already, a year older and a few top signings. We're eating good this season!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

No, it just means Conte did more than was expected.

Half a season in charge is not a true attempt, when you take over a club in crisis.

Just like Arteta did more than was expected when he won FA Cup that season.
Our club being in ‘crises’ or was a ‘complete mess’ etc just isn’t real. Unai came 5th with those players and Arteta won an FA Cup. And some of those players moved on have done very well elsewhere like Guendouzi and Auba, others not so, granted. But if you can afford to buy virtually a complete new squad, I’m not saying that isn’t good for a reset if wages and moral, it is. But over dramatising the position to justify why Arteta had a couple of mid table finishes seems churlish.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You can immediately discount the views of any poster who includes Arteta’s first half season in his list of “failures”. They’re either incredibly disingenuous or mind-bogglingly stupid, potentially both.
I see it so much though 🤣 I mean, if I was a ****, I could just as easily say that Arteta did better in five months than Wenger did in nine years if I discount us merely making up numbers in the CL draw… But things really would descend. If I was a ****, that is!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
True, but apologies if I’m wrong, but didn’t Conte take over within a few weeks of Arteta before Xmas, and qualify for the top 4 and CL straight away. The media all said, ‘In his first season’. It can be done by experienced managers.

Edit: just seen @jones has already wrung you out
So? Somebody somewhere on planet Earth probably done better than Conte… What does it matter what he’s doing at Sp**s? What a weird crywanky direction to head in… Oh I see, there’s this Conte versus Arteta thing going right? **** me 🤦🏼‍♂️

drippin

Our club being in ‘crises’ or was a ‘complete mess’ etc just isn’t real. Unai came 5th with those players and Arteta won an FA Cup. And some of those players moved on have done very well elsewhere like Guendouzi and Auba, others not so, granted. But if you can afford to buy virtually a complete new squad, I’m not saying that isn’t good for a reset if wages and moral, it is. But over dramatising the position to justify why Arteta had a couple of mid table finishes seems churlish.
I said if a manager is sacked, it's always basically a crisis. It's not about Arteta like you try to jump into this argument, and start an argument past the point. It has been a big crisis like our club has had these past years since Wenger missed UCL two times. That's a fact.

My point was that any manager that takes over a club at like half way point, cannot be counted at that point as "an attempt for top 4" or such.

The counting starts when the manager has had a summer window, and a pre-season. Then it is a proper attempt, anything before it is just a bonus and overachievement.

I think Arsenal was like 12th-13th at the point Arteta took over.

These things become overly complicated in this forum, when the matter is very simple to understand. And I have to explain things like for little children multiple times. It's very weird.

And these guys are "Trusted". Well trusted to not understand what they read for sure.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So? Somebody somewhere on planet Earth probably done better than Conte… What does it matter what he’s doing at Sp**s? What a weird crywanky direction to head in… Oh I see, there’s this Conte versus Arteta thing going right? **** me 🤦🏼‍♂️
No I think Arsenal is a much better club than Sp**s. And their large spend and sticking with the same manager could well pay off this season. I’m just not pretending that Arteta is a goat, just an inexperienced manager whose learning fast.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal have shown the way by allowing an inexperienced manager to make mistakes and support him financially instead of sacking him at being mid table. And if it comes good, other clubs will probably follow suit. Trailblazers.
That is really in the club's DNA. We've never been a sacking club really. I still think there is something to be said for that approach, even though these days with social media there is much appetite for hire and fire.

I think it was Wenger who said that stability at a football club is underrated.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The fact that you keep on mentioning me in your posts using words like, sly, spin, agenda means my posting is clearly making you doubt your own position. Anybody confident in their stance would just skim over posts they don’t agree with. In fact your incessant sycophantic obsession with Arteta possibly making top 4 when you spent years wanting us to lose matches and raving at Wenger for doing exactly that, doesn’t really worry me. That’s why I never insult you. :lol:
Oh, we know where we have each other no doubt. You remain the master of the dishonest internet debate style. The above post is just another proof of that. This is why I was 100% for you getting "Trusted" status. Would want nothing less for you! ;)

My post was a response to something that poster said about you which I agreed with. I only felt it was fair to tag you so you know I was bad mouthing you. It is called RESPECT!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I give credit to Arteta this year. He’s made a go of it with absolute **** dross like Martinelli and ESR.

Like the days when SAF (my favourite all time manager) would win the PL with mediocrity like Valencia and John O’Shea. Only thing is ESR and Doginelli are worse than that.

Ødegaard is a poor man’s blonde Hleb and Saka is **** at putting it in the net. I also think the most interesting thing about Tierney is his hate for the queen. Dead player.

Ramsdale is **** as well. Also that bald shambles Gabriel should spend less time in Turkey getting his 50p head lasered and focus on not making mistakes every week.

say yes

forum master baiter
I see it so much though 🤣 I mean, if I was a ****, I could just as easily say that Arteta did better in five months than Wenger did in nine years if I discount us merely making up numbers in the CL draw… But things really would descend. If I was a ****, that is!
Sadly a lot of rotten narratives on here. But now that Arteta has quietened the chorus of cretins, we can finally start to drain the swamp.

I’m just happy my club has had two generational managers in short succession. So lucky to have been born an Arsenal fan.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom