• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm not Arteta's biggest fan by any means but I can't see any negatives to him being backed.

We were desperately in need of money being injected into the team after over a decade of frugality and gradually getting outspent and overtaken season on season.

Sure it would have been nice for Arsène to have been backed more but it just wasn't going to happen with the stadium move and ownership struggle.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Since 2019 we’ve had the second highest investment of any club in the major European 5 leagues according to transfermarkt. That’s some backing the club have given Arteta.

AE937-FCC-647-A-478-A-81-E8-4-E4-B202-C90-B3.jpg
I won’t change your mind and we’ve had the argument before but I just feel that If you let a squad degrade together, you’re going to have to spend big to restore it. If you invest in young players then the investment is commitment to a long period of time where the players aren’t going to be replaced.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah, we stood still when others were making moves. Now we have to make our move in an inflated market to get back into the club. What’s so hard to understand about that? This is what it takes. We were in disrepair. If this spend fails to restore our position, we can start moving managers on.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I won’t change your mind and we’ve had the argument before but I just feel that If you let a squad degrade together, you’re going to have to spend big to restore it. If you invest in young players then the investment is commitment to a long period of time where the players aren’t going to be replaced.
Depends what you mean by degrade. The average age of the squad in 18/19 before Arteta took over was 27.2, exactly the same as Man City and Sp**s and younger than Chelsea.

say yes

forum master baiter
If you’re going to talk about financial investment in football, you can’t just focus on transfer fees.

Ben White was not a bigger investment than Varane. Fabio Vieira was not a bigger investment than Ronaldo.

Your entire perspective is wrong if you don’t look at wage commitments. Which has been a massive part of the club’s strategy over the past few seasons.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's impossible to be remotely competitive with the rest of the top 6 without spending a lot these days, that's just the reality. Every one of the top 6 spends pretty big now and we've been behind them for a few years so it makes sense that we'd have to spend similar or even more to get up there too compete. That's the reality of where it's at now.

It's also why making direct comparisons between Wengers time and Arteta's time is pointless, not only that but for multiple reasons. The entire setup of the club is different now with different people, Josh is now more involved, Edu is here, Ivan is gone, etc.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The irony that some of the most rude, abusive and cantankerous posters on here complaining about the @s and like system is astounding to me, having gone back and forth with all of these guys at some point.

Say yes can say what he likes, but certain man ran him off the block when Arteta started struggling which made logging in untenable. Especially after the way he was talking.

say yes

forum master baiter
As good as the results have been, the performances have been even better. And performances >>> results when it comes to long-term success.

Long way to go, but we look the second-best team in the league this season after City. Sp**s have quietly been quite underwhelming, but they've become a bit of a results machine under Conte with their forward quality.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What is this, your sixth gibberish post about how "certain man" "ran me off the block" because I couldn't deal with this "forum ting"? 😭

Stop pretending to be an internet rude boy you weird little virgin.
Why come back now?

• Funny
Reactions: Kav

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
For the millionth time, language barrier is not a barrier at all for a good manager and is the weakest of excuses, saying otherwise is to ignore so many counter examples in football history and recent football history.

Perhaps Unai is a good manager. Here he certainly wasn't, we can say that with some authority.

He no doubt came into a toxic atmosphere. But that's the job of the manager. The question is what he does with it. The fact is that it got worse. Arteta came into an even more toxic atmosphere after the mess Em*ry left...nothing is more toxic than picking up a team in 11th place at the worst performance level it has seen in 30 years.
This is not true. Emery had us in 8th place when he was sacked whilst during the first half of the following season Arteta had us in 15th place. He was very lucky not to be sacked at that time. The point should be made that arteta did not manage the player toxicity any better than emery; it was just he was given the power to remove the toxicity from the club through contract terminations. Emery was never given that power, he was just a coach.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The club needed to spend, I just think Arsenal could have done much better than Edu and Arteta if they were down to spend like that. We are where we are anyways.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I'm not Arteta's biggest fan by any means but I can't see any negatives to him being backed.

We were desperately in need of money being injected into the team after over a decade of frugality and gradually getting outspent and overtaken season on season.

Sure it would have been nice for Arsène to have been backed more but it just wasn't going to happen with the stadium move and ownership struggle.

All I can see is two groups - the first just like moaning, and the second want to keep stoking Wenger vs Arteta arguments.

That you have neither of these agendas to push is why you can't see the negatives.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
The club needed to spend, I just think Arsenal could have done much better than Edu and Arteta if they were down to spend like that. We are where we are anyways.
Is it that bad? We weren’t a very attractive destination when he took over

Top Bottom