• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

So even if we win the league you’ll hate him?

Course not, but why are some of you always talking about the league with this guy? Even in rhetoricals it's kinda jarring..

That's what I mean he inspires so much confidence from some when he's not done that much and I'm just far from that. Whilst I always had a problem results wise, Aubagate is where I just found it very hard to respect him, that authoritarian sneaky middle management stuff just rubs me up the wrong way as a person.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Lol. Even with haters like you abusing him and trying to force him out he still did better than Arteta in his first two seasons with the whole weight of fans and the club behind him, but then again he is a novice. :lol:

Never been a hater. Have deep respect for what he done and achieved for this club in the first half of his tenure. But in the last 3-4 years it was clear to see he was holding the club back with his arrogance, stubborn nature and outdated tactics.

“IT WAS TIME TO GO!!!”

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Course not, but why are some of you always talking about the league with this guy? Even in rhetoricals it's kinda jarring..
Happens way too often to be coincidental, think some of his fans just have to hear a "I <3 Arteta" out of people's mouths it's mental. Like a guy asking a girl out "if I weren't a fat plumber with bad skin and no hairline would you date me".

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

That's what I mean he inspires so much confidence from some when he's not done that much and I'm just far from that. Whilst I always had a problem results wise, Aubagate is where I just found it very hard to respect him, that authoritarian sneaky middle management stuff just rubs me up the wrong way as a person.
No don’t get me wrong, I’m just trying to figure out where you’ve set the bar that’s all. He’s not in danger of winning anything…

I think he’ll get 4th or above. This is a strange year. Chelsea and United are getting through managers like there’s no tomorrow, Liverpool in some sort of squad transitional period after a great run. Conte fairly new at Sp**s. There’s also a World Cup to disrupt the normal pattern of things.

This could be our one off, freak Leicester year. Just saying.

Getting excuses in already?! Bro - you are like a walking talking false dichotomy. You don’t need to hate on arteta to love Arsène. Hate him on merit (or rather lack of) that’s fine, it’s what @Nacho is doing, but we all know that’s not what you’re doing. It’s like saying I need to love my first born less if I have a second child. Your heart isn’t a ffing pie chart.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
It's pretty coherent to hate Arteta if you love Arsène actually, plenty of what Arteta does violates the principles and values Arsène stood for.

I guess for some people all that matters is that we don't play football considered "negative" and beyond that everything is fair game.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

It's pretty coherent to hate Arteta if you love Arsène actually, plenty of what Arteta does violates the principles and values Arsène stood for.

I guess for some people all that matters is that we don't play football considered "negative" and beyond that everything is fair game.
Fair point. This is the most sensible thing I’ve ever seen you post. I’m in shock.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

It's really not.

If someone really ''Hates'' a football manager there's something off :lol:
I mean I’m assuming a pretty liberal definition of the word “hate”. In any case it’s only marginally more disturbing than if someone really “loves” a football manager…

On the point about Wengers principles - there’s one that arteta has clearly flushed down the toilet but I don’t necessarily think it was the worst idea… have spoken about it before but I feel like the level of affection and commitment Arsène had for his players as individuals was sometimes to the detriment of himself and the club. None of them repaid it, all of them stabbed him in the back at the first chance.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta is a **** tbh. If he's successful here, of course I'll tolerate him.

But some people here seem to think that being a true fan of the club = loving the manager.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Never been a hater. Have deep respect for what he done and achieved for this club in the first half of his tenure. But in the last 3-4 years it was clear to see he was holding the club back with his arrogance, stubborn nature and outdated tactics.

“IT WAS TIME TO GO!!!”
His last 3/4 years? That’s a laugh, he came 2nd in 2016, and you’ve been praising 8th, 8th and 5th like it’s the gold standard of managers? Lol.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Arteta is a **** tbh. If he's successful here, of course I'll tolerate him.

But some people here seem to think that being a true fan of the club = loving the manager.

Who actually loves Arteta though? And why would anyone? I see much more vitriol towards him than love on the opposite ends of the spectrum (and that's even while we're top of the table) even if most in the middle have softened towards him or are begrudgingly tolerating him.

At best he'll be a good manager who was a vehicle for change through a pretty stagnant period for the club.
It's not like he's got a sparkling personality or a high level of charm like Arsène had or is going to be here for decades.

To me, the best he'll be is useful. I'm never going to adore him or anything.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The Arteta hate is ridiculous, and nothing will be convincing me other wise.

Will be interesting to follow his career. It’s very rare to have such a high profile club on your resume this early in the career.

No doubt in my mind that he is very smart manager

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Who actually loves Arteta though? And why would anyone? I see much more vitriol towards him than love on the opposite ends of the spectrum, even if most in the middle have softened towards him or are begrudgingly tolerating him.

At best he'll be a good manager who was a vehicle for change through a pretty stagnant period for the club.
It's not like he's got a sparkling personality or a high level of charm like Arsène had or is going to be here for decades.

To me, the best he'll be is useful. I'm never going to adore him or anything.
Smashed it. Barring the odd knee jerk boner after a good win I can’t think of anyone here that “loves” him the way many (although not enough) of us feel about Arsène. We just want the club to do well while he’s at the helm. Which really is a fundamental pre requisite for being a supporter.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

What makes him that in your view ?
The way he's treated certain players is one of the major reason I hate him.
The other reasons are his supporters. The way they go otp and **** on everyone and anyone to make Arteta look good. So yeah, he's a ****.

Mod Edit: the censors exist for a reason, so please stop trying to bypass them

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Who actually loves Arteta though? And why would anyone?
Most guys who aren't Pro-Arteta on here get attacked and branded as haters. You see the "certain man is angry we won" posts after every win.

And also I think the overall perception of Arteta is an even 50-50 split. The overwhelming majority don't hate him like you seem to think.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
The other reasons are his supporters.
Nothing to do with the man.

Outer’s judgement is seriously effected by bitterness. I get it, you hate him (with flimsy evidence) so ofc you lot are more emotional when you look at him. But at least try not to let people totally unconnected with him colour views of the man himself.

I’ll admit some of you have effected my views on Wenger at times, made me feel like he’s not my manager or something.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom