• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

theHotHead

Literally the most apt username on this forum
Nothing hotheaded about my post, tell me what it is you disagree with instead of stupid sly attacks, or is my post too well put together for you to do so ?! I dunno, I am new here so I don't know the dunces from the smart ones yet.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He’s gradually shouting less and less on the touch lines. It’s a sign that he’s having to do less babysitting and the team is playing more like how he wants them to play.
But if we have a much changed team on Thursday it wouldn’t surprise me if he shouts more. He tends to shout at the younger players.

theHotHead

I can now finally feel that we are getting our Arsenal back - about a season at least too late had Arteta not made some absolutely ridiculously stupid decisions - some of which may yet still harm us, but I am very pleased with where we are and where we are headed.

Beating teams we should be beating 8 times out of 10 meant nothing, it proved nothing, how we faired against the bigger teams was always going to be the barometer that showed our real progress. The loss to Man U was unfortunate but I thought we were fantastic in that game and were unlucky to lose it. The way we bossed Sp**s showed that we are ready to give any team in the league a game. Competitiveness in every game, that should be the goal of EVERY Arsenal fan and I think we are finally there.

If Arteta can keep us competitive this season he will get my full support, i'm not interested in excuses, I am not interested in "almost there", keep us competitive.

theHotHead

Honestly amazing the amount of successful work that has been done in less than 3 years by Arteta and the club. Compare to where we were in December 2019 to where we are now. And this has been led and executed by a novice. It sure have been bumps in the road and we are not where we want to be yet, but just looking back, it is quite something they have been able to achieve. Just look at the atmosphere at the Emirates. That place looks to be absolutely rocking lately! Need to get a business trip to London in somehow so I can go and watch a game in person! :pray:
Thats not really saying much considering where we were though, we were desperate to get a manager that had a level of competency and even after winning the FA Cup we were not sure about Arteta - especially when he should've been sacked that Christmas having us in15th place and playing the worst football I ave seen from ANY Arsenal team.

Lets also get something else straight, people harp on about the big rebuild that was required and yadda yadda ya, hogwash ! Consider the following; Wenger gave no time to defending, he was purely offensive in his philosophy. Had he committed 20% more focus on the defensive side of the game we could've bridged the small gap from 6th to 4th with the players we had.

In comes Emery, all he had to do was focus on the defensive side a bit - there was noting wrong with us offensively. He brought in a new keeper and CB and a defacto DM and he managed to be WORSE than the previous manager who didn't give a toss about defending LOL !!!! No major rebuild was required. Get the best out of the players that you have ! Wenger failed, Emery failed.

In comes Arteta who showed pragmatism at first, so much so that we beat some big dogs and won the FA Cup. Then he decimated our attack and our defence was awful, we played the worst football I have seen. Good managers find a system that suits the players, where Arteta showed pragmatism previously that all went out of the window. He insisted for the following 2 seasons on systems that didn't suit the players we have.

mod edit: had to check the prefix on that tard... still should be a no go area, even for a hot head.

Last edited by a moderator:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
This place had like 1500 pages during the summer when no game was played but has like 10 pages since Sp**s game.
Even worse those ten pages are 90% you and other Arteta fans coming here to wind other Arsenal fans up.

When we were at our worst those of us who can't stand Arteta, his man management and generally thought he wasn't good enough for Arsenal came in here to vent at him. Now we're doing very well after he's been massively backed and this thread is full of posters wanking themselves into oblivion gloating at their fellow Arsenal supporters over the fact that... we're doing well.

I'll be 100% I don't like Arteta from the personal qualities he's shown, his interviews, his handling of certain Arsenal players, I think he's the most indulged and privileged manager ever and I don't think he's a great coach from what he's shown over the last couple years when the squad wasn't as good as it is now. We're doing very well this season so I wouldn't want him to be sacked, don't think many of his doubters think differently either.

Do you need this posted 20x per page to make up for the hundreds of pages where Arteta was being cussed as a dickhead because people believed that he was holding the club back with his decisions?

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We can all agree anyway that Arteta, after some grim mid table years is finally learning how to attack, now the Kroenke's have broken Arsenal spending records and he has some outstanding players.

And we can all agee Edu has assembled a very good squad since the 19/20 window, despite his crazy glitch year dealing with Joorabchian. This year was superb.

This squad looks second to City, but it really ought to be since Arsenal have had the second biggest investment in player transfers in the last 4 years.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We can all agree anyway that Arteta, after some grim mid table years is finally learning how to attack, now the Kroenke's have broken Arsenal spending records and he has some outstanding players.

And we can all agee Edu has assembled a very good squad since the 19/20 window, despite his crazy glitch year dealing with Joorabchian. This year was superb.

This squad looks second to City, but it really ought to be since Arsenal have had the second biggest investment in player transfers in the last 4 years.

If we come second this year, we have strongly overachieved. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise :lol:

By most metrics I've seen 4th-5th is about par. Personally I'd say 4th.

Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea should all finish above us you'd think.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

You just go on like some astonishing wum machine don't you? Not answering to my points about these, just repeat it non-stop? :lol:

It wasn't any glitch, it was about FFP restrictions.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Even worse those ten pages are 90% you and other Arteta fans coming here to wind other Arsenal fans up.
A lot of flat track bullies on here recently trying to police the forum into one view only. A pack mentality, cancel culture. It never worked under Wenger and its not going to work now. People are entitled their view and free to express it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You just go on like some astonishing wum machine don't you? Not answering to my points about these, just repeat it non-stop? :lol:

It wasn't any glitch, it was about FFP restrictions.
Stop policing the forum Drippin.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If we come second this year, we have strongly overachieved. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise :lol:

Agreed. Except Liverpool have reached the end of a cycle and are revamping their squad. And Chelsea have had a big upheaval with owners and manager changes. Second is between us and Sp**s, I think.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

Chelsea’s squad was dire going into the window. Not a single forward they could rely on to give top level performances, one non-injury prone, reliable mf who has flaws (Jorginho), dependency on a 38 yo cb, and uncertainty in the gk position. Much of their squad had had their heads turned too.

drippin

"With what he's been through, and the injuries"

He clearly made a distinction between the two :lol: Could be something else but it wasn't injuries. Not saying it was for sure about yellow box either. Good that he's supporting the player regardless, he's a vital cog in the machine and he clearly knows that.
English is not his native language. He was answering fast, so it's not far-fetched to think that he knows he said something controversial by a freudian kind of slip, and then added the "injuries" straight after. But that fast correction got "and" before it because he answered fast, when it should have been "with". It's an easy mistake to make in a live interview.

Also he has shot most of his shots to the orbit, so that's something he has been through also, and people have mocked him. Now he scored a perfect long shot goal.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Still think his subs are often weird (and late), but finally seems able to turn it around. Has probably gotten more time than he deserves, but if he keeps us playing like this and ends in top 4, he's done well this season.

Not going to lie, I probably will never like him after two seasons of dreadful football and results paired with his behaviours, but I will enjoy the good football and results. It's been a long drought, finally we're getting some juice.

samspade

It’s actually trax who made me the Wum I am today. I used to be a deadly serious poster. but got sick of arguing in circles with him while he threw in some wum comments for good measure. So I started WUMing myself to ease the frustration.
A few people took exception to that 🤷🏽
But thanks trax, for teaching me the joys of wuming

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Chelsea’s squad was dire going into the window. Not a single forward they could rely on to give top level performances, one non-injury prone, reliable mf who has flaws (Jorginho), dependency on a 38 yo cb, and uncertainty in the gk position. Much of their squad had had their heads turned too.
Yes so with all the money spent and the cost of their squad they should be finishing ahead of us.

Look at their attacking options number wise compared to us.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Over the course of a season depth tends to be the deciding factor.

Us and Sp**s are probably the two most vulnerable in that respect. Son or Kane getting a long term injury and they're pretty much done. Partey or Saka and I'd feel the same about us.

With the WC at Christmas and the fixture list congestion that comes with it, it's more of a squad season than ever. Along with the 5 subs rule etc.

Would still back Liverpool and Chelsea to end up above us by season's end, if I had to pick. Hope I'm wrong though.

drippin

Yes so with all the money spent and the cost of their squad they should be finishing ahead of us.

Remember the ancient wisdom of @Makingtrax that squad cost only applies when your agenda needs it. Otherwise you can just take the best time frame for money spent you need, to make your argument look better.

In Chelsea's case it doesn't matter that they have been able to sell huge amount of players in the past decade, and as so build the team they want, while Emery & Arteta has inherited a team where you can't make nearly as many good sales, because the players are injury-prone, old or not good enough.

samspade

Depends what perspective you take. If you gave someone a pot of money equal in size to the cost of Chelsea’s squad (wages included) and did the same for someone else but it was equal in size to the cost of arsenalss squad, you’d expect the first person to do better as they have more money to spend.
But after both have spent the cash and the first person has sp*nked most of it on dross and the second person has intelligently assembled a better squad squad, you’d expect the second person to finish ahead.

Arsenals squad had its problems but it was a better squad than Chelsea’s going into the most recent window and easier to build on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom