• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

GDeep™

League is very weak
Auba was my favourite player of that era. Top goalscorer and I went to bat for him quite a lot on here when he was going through rough spells.

In hindsight though it was right to move him on, that's clear to me now. The timing less so though.
We would not be able to play the style of football we do now with Auba up top. Doesn't have the technical ability or stamina to play the role Jesus does.

It's also partially the reason why he got moved on quickly at Barca even though he was scoring goals and hasn't really had a sniff under Potter. Games moved on, you can't just be a goalscorer at the top, top level anymore.

Özil the game had passed him by too. No-one could seriously imagine Mesut in the Ødegaard role in this side. He'd have a heart attack just trying to keep up with the workrate.

I'm not knocking Auba, maybe I am Özil to a degree due to his attitude and social media stuff but it's just a question of the game evolving past players. Doesn't mean they weren't great in their prime.

Neither would fit in a side Arteta side. We know how he wants to play now.
Auba did his job, 1 in 2 scorer, what more could he do? Declined at the end and was moved.

Your Özil/Ode comparison is more on different generations of football. Kaka and Riquelme are saying they couldn’t play in this generation, that’s says more about the decline of the pure footballer in favour of runners basically.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Auba did his job, 1 in 2 scorer, what more could he do? Declined at the end and was moved.

Your Özil/Ode comparison is more on different generations of football. Kaka and Riquelme are saying they couldn’t play in this generation, that’s says more about the decline of the pure footballer in favour of runners basically.

Well yeah, that was my point. The game evolved past them.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I am starting to get that Artetasexual feeling, not there yet but the stirring is in the loins. A decent midfield buy and i at least know they learned their lesson from last January’s debacle. Time to prepare for twerking for Tets like Roy Keane is doing. I know i am a pric$ but i told myself if i become as big a pr.ck as Roy Keane i would have to stop myself because that is rock bottom of angry middle aged men.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
A decent midfield buy and i at least know they learned their lesson from last January’s debacle.
Last January was a fantastic month for us: got rid of Auba, never extended Laca, and didn't panic in the market with some mediocrity. The work behind the scenes was already going on with Jesus, perfectly done

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Last January was a fantastic month for us: got rid of Auba, never extended Laca, and didn't panic in the market with some mediocrity. The work behind the scenes was already going on with Jesus, perfectly done

Not adding anyone and having Cedric and Holding and Mo play in the run in and botching CL as a result was great?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

The last tweet seems to be a bit of a stretch…
We have a different type of player under Arteta - lots of young players who are not only technical but physically strong: also they don't have significant injury histories. Obviously there are some exceptions like ESR who is still continuously getting injured anyway, so to me it's more about the player profile/histories rather than the ground and physical protocols.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Pep on Mikel's love for Arsenal

And here's PEP and the City assistants basically teasing Arteta over his love for Arsenal

I'm kind of whatever on Arteta loving Arsenal thh.

He took a pay cut to come here as a player and he clearly adores Arsène. That's all cool.

To me though it's more Arsenal giving him the chance to play at the top, top level and to captain a club like Arsenal must have been special for him. He got to tick boxes on his playing career ambition list here.

No doubt he cares about Arsenal more than Man City or Everton but I have no doubt that once he feels he's maximised his career opportunities at Arsenal he'll be off to PSG or Barca.

It's not like he'll have Arsène type loyalty to the club and it's unfair to expect him to.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I'm kind of whatever on Arteta loving Arsenal thh.

He took a pay cut to come here as a player and he clearly adores Arsène. That's all cool.

To me though it's more Arsenal giving him the chance to play at the top, top level and to captain a club like Arsenal must have been special for him. He got to tick boxes on his playing career ambition list here.

No doubt he cares about Arsenal more than Man City or Everton but I have no doubt that once he feels he's maximised his career opportunities at Arsenal he'll be off to PSG or Barca.

It's not like he'll have Arsène type loyalty to the club and it's unfair to expect him to.
Kind of agree. But it might mean he want to do it at Arsenal first and foremost and not just leave as soon as he has his first big success. The bond of the players and manager goes both ways. I see Arteta as more of a family man than for example Jose who is a "me"-man, if that makes sense.

That said, he won't be here forever most likely, but him being here for 5 more years would still be a huge commitment for him. And hopefully something we will have. Would be great to win 5 PL's and 4 CL's in a row ;)

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I think we can say now that the hype about Arteta from those in the footballing world is starting to become evident.

What would have been ideal is if he took a management job at the same time he lost out on the Arsenal job to Emery. Just 18 months of experience managing in the Championship or Spain or wherever would have done him good.

He didn't come here undercooked he came here raw. It seems to have worked out fine in the long run but it could have been a bit less of a bumpy ride.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I think we can say now that the hype about Arteta from those in the footballing world is starting to become evident.

What would have been ideal is if he took a management job at the same time he lost out on the Arsenal job to Emery. Just 18 months of experience managing in the Championship or Spain or wherever would have done him good.

He didn't come here undercooked he came here raw. It seems to have worked out fine in the long run but it could have been a bit less of a bumpy ride.

Don't know, don't think he'd survive. Emery's English/communication was only part of the problem.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Each time we scored a goal during Mikel's first couple seasons.

BB634131-D5-B4-4934-B0-C1-616-F02-FC3408.gif

Everyone who knows just a little bit about football and that patience is an important factor in the game could see his talent as a coach.

Top Bottom