• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Some players Arteta moved on for purely footballing reasons but I think when you look at most of the major outgoings that caused bother on here, Özil, Auba, Guendouzi it was about character / mentality more than anything.

I don't think anyone can deny now that the group dynamic / mentality was a problem during the Emery era and into the early stages of Arteta's reign. Remember those dressing room leaks that were coming out quite frequently during Arteta's really bad spell?

I don't think it can be overestimated how important it is to have the squad all on the same page and pulling in the same direction towards shared goals. I honestly don't think that was the case previously.

Under Emery and early Arteta it felt that we had pretty good players, now it feels like we've got a good a team and that's a massive difference. I think the fans in the stadium feel that too and it pushes them on to support the team even more.

It just feels different now, when we concede a goal there's not a load of hand waving or finger pointing or trying to pass the buck, they take it as a team and come back as a team, I personally love the attitude around the club at the moment.

Everything at the club just feels harmonious and in sync, the management, the players, the fans. It's been ages since it felt like this.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Very underestimated trophy!

The last trophy Arsène won...

giphy.webp

... beautiful competition.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Some players Arteta moved on for purely footballing reasons but I think when you look at most of the major outgoings that caused bother on here, Özil, Auba, Guendouzi it was about character / mentality more than anything.

I don't think anyone can deny now that the group dynamic / mentality was a problem during the Emery era and into the early stages of Arteta's reign. Remember those dressing room leaks that were coming out quite frequently during Arteta's really bad spell?

I don't think it can be overestimated how important it is to have the squad all on the same page and pulling in the same direction towards shared goals. I honestly don't think that was the case previously.

Under Emery and early Arteta it felt that we had pretty good players, now it feels like we've got a good a team and that's a massive difference. I think the fans in the stadium feel that too and it pushes them on to support the team even more.

It just feels different now, when we concede a goal there's not a load of hand waving or finger pointing or trying to pass the buck, they take it as a team and come back as a team, I personally love the attitude around the club at the moment.
Exactly this. You can see how together the lads are & you can see that they all like each other & are there doing it for each other. We dont have any egos or out & out big name players. Probably the biggest 'name' we have is Saka & hes probably the humblest guy on the team ! Jesus maybe also same.

I really really like this version of Arsenal.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Everything at the club just feels harmonious and in sync, the management, the players, the fans. It's been ages since it felt like this.
👍

(This is how I will like your posts in the future. Can’t be feeding that reactions/posts ratio any more)

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah, not good today for him. Imo White needed to be axed way earlier.

Midfield got completely overun.

Couldn't adapt to Dyche ball during the match, which is something he hasn't been very good at so far as a manager.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Should be jailed for subbing off Partey for Jorginho in a high intensity game like this.

Everton’s midfield was full of runners and Jorginho is one of the least athletic midfielders in the league.

Absolutely shocking.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Should have been more flexible today in my opinion. We had a short spell at the end of the 1st half where Xhaka was dropping deeper and getting closer to Partey, we controlled the ball a bit more. I think we should have gone to a 4231 when we started to realise the 433 wasn't working.

We insisted on playing our wingers really wide and stretching the pitch as we usually do but it meant everyone was so isolated and doubled up on. We got destroyed in the centre of the park because of this as well.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Think partey sub could be fitness related.
Should have subbed both FB much earlier as well. And would have liked Vieira for xhaka instead of Ødegaard despite both of them being equally poor.
Subbed off martinelli when he was actually looking better as well

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Also, this was a game crying out for Jesus who drops back and gets his hands dirty + makes things happen.

Nketiah was cutting an isolated figure up there but I feel like you never see that with Jesus. This woulda been a game where you bring on Nketiah later if you are seeking a goal.
Yeah his ability to create through the middle when the wingers are being double teamed.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Should be jailed for subbing off Partey for Jorginho in a high intensity game like this.

Everton’s midfield was full of runners and Jorginho is one of the least athletic midfielders in the league.

Absolutely shocking.
Probably isnt fit - played like it.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Why not bring on an attacking player when getting White off? We had nothing to lose at that point. Tomiyasu offer nothing going forward.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'll give the benefit of the doubt on the Partey sub, could have been injury related

Probably would have brought White off earlier, he had a poor match overall.

I think Arteta should have been more flexible tactically in general today.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's got to get better at adjusting in game. It's been mostly smooth sailing all season but he's got to recognize when it's time to change tactically. This match and the Newcastle match saw points dropped in part because he persisted with Xhaka struggling in attack in a game that just isn't suited to him. You make it very easy on teams when they know Xhaka and Martinelli aren't going to create any danger from the left because they just focus their entire gameplan on stopping Saka from cutting in. Either trust Vieira to play in the Xhaka role at times or put Zinchenko there and let Tierney just focus on defending at LB. Without Jesus, this system is vulnerable to what we saw today from Everton.

Top Bottom