• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We’ve been hearing about how much Arteta loves Arsenal (regarding the time where he was Pep’s assistant). What I’d like to know is where does Arteta’s love for Arsenal come from?
He had a very good spell here as a player and won 2 fa cups but he wasn’t a fan favourite, fans weren’t singing his name at the time. Everton fans showed him more respect as a player.
Is it the the way he was treated by the staff behind the scenes that he admires greatly etc?
I think he loves it because he saw what a great club it is/was and he admired & respected the values & history.
He also won things here & was made Captain by the great Arsène.

Don't forget he was brought in when the club was struggling.

Mikel & Per were undoubtedly very good characters in the dressing room & contributed greatly to help us lift the Fa Cups.

He was a big fish in a smaller pond at Everton & probably got more attention as their star man.

He was a very talented footballer who worked hard & never gave anything less than 100%.

Everton though probably saw the best of him tbh.

He got moved back here to a more defensive role.
We really should have signed him 2 or 3 years earlier imho.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We’ve been hearing about how much Arteta loves Arsenal (regarding the time where he was Pep’s assistant). What I’d like to know is where does Arteta’s love for Arsenal come from?
He had a very good spell here as a player and won 2 fa cups but he wasn’t a fan favourite, fans weren’t singing his name at the time. Everton fans showed him more respect as a player.
Is it the the way he was treated by the staff behind the scenes that he admires greatly etc?

Firstly I think its because of Arsène Wenger.

Remember that Arteta didnt do a medical when he joined us in 2011? These are one of the moments that probably left a large imprint on him and his connection to the club. Combine that with the experience of being at Arsenal, as you see many former players attest to, and it only grows from there. He is then given the manager role thereafter with zero experience (where have you seen that in a top top league), and backed to the nth degree thereafter. That's all Wenger's influence, in how the club values people and is willing to back them.

Next, the London lifestyle.

What's not to love about living in London. Rodgers was right about Alexis not selecting them at Liverpool, because of the London factor. As much as Arsenal is an attractive club, does being in London play a massive role in decision making.

Thirdly, I think Arteta is slightly different.

Im not a medical professional so could be way off here. But Arteta does give me the impression that he may be on the spectrum (ASD), and for me that further explains his interesting character. Very very technically inclined, and completely inclined socially. Another clear, and perhaps more obvious example of this is Bielsa. Guardiola does also give me those vibes.

So I dont see Arteta being swayed by the bigger clubs even. He is probably close to being universally backed behind the scenes now and that would weigh a lot on him and his decision making.
And for the supporters outside, he is also on his way to being completely supported for a while, even if we hit a sustained bad patch again.. As you see with Klopp at Liverpool right now.

Tom Mix

I distinctly remember singing his name as a player - the Santi Cazorla chant "oooohhhh Mikel Areta" and the old /Everton song "and there's nobody better than Mikel Arteta the best little Spaniard I know". Without being a superstar, and his best years probably gone to Everton, he was still a popular player. Can't remember anyone disliking him. He won only four major trophies in his career, two of them with us and one as a captain. He probably treasures those memories.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I distinctly remember singing his name as a player - the Santi Cazorla chant "oooohhhh Mikel Areta" and the old /Everton song "and there's nobody better than Mikel Arteta the best little Spaniard I know". Without being a superstar, and his best years probably gone to Everton, he was still a popular player. Can't remember anyone disliking him. He won only four major trophies in his career, two of them with us and one as a captain. He probably treasures those memories.
Cazorla ohhh Cazorla ohhh
He came from Malaga
To play with Arteta
Cazorla ohhh!!!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
@grange was it you that had the bet with @GDeep™ ?

Looks like we're both gonna be £100 up.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Latest posts+

Top Bottom