• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I am genuinely questioning because we got some guys saying getting Europe with a pathway from the academy is sick as if Wilshere, Iwobi and Coquelin are just figments of my imagination.

If points total is all you got as to why today's position is superior then, yeah I don't think you have much.

Nothing I said was slanderous, I am not even questioning Arteta I am questioning his fans.
You’re disregarding league performance which is the only way to really compare them. I think you’re the one who doesn’t have much tbh.

You’re acting like we didn’t have RVP, Özil, Cazorla, Sagna, Alexis, Rosicky just to name a few who were all better than their equivalents in that position. This forum thinks Koscielny is world class. Hell even your boys Lacazette and Auba couldn’t get us here.

I just think you don’t like Arteta so you’re being a bit unreasonable and disingenuous here. You know why people are happy with our performances.

Phase 1-3 in my opinion was always about getting us back to top4 level quality like Wenger used to have us.

Phase 4-5 which start hopefully now is getting us to compete for the big trophies.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Anyway, it seems to me that all but the absolute fringe rate Arteta as a good young manager with potential.

It seems to be more the Arteta fanboys / the Arteta PR machine that the anti- Arteta crew seem to dislike more than the manager himself :lol:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Anyway, it seems to me that all but the absolute fringe rate Arteta as a good young manager with potential.

It seems to be more the Arteta fanboys / the Arteta PR machine that the anti- Arteta crew seem to dislike more than the manager himself :lol:
Nah they just cling on to the PR part for now to hate on arteta. You can just see every loss brings them back. You can clearly see someone trying their best to discredit arteta for this season right now as well 😂

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Tbh even as someone that thinks we've had a great season and I definitely back Arteta (I'm not a fanboy tho, I'll never be a sexual!!!!), I find the PR machine ott and nauseating.

The little ironies about the way Wenger was treated vs Arteta are funny too tbh, but that's just me, I'm a cynical pr!ck....a bit like Arteta (that was a joke).

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Think this team and manager want more! Didn't Arteta say we are in phase 3 of his 5 phase process? More to come I guess!
When does the phase start when he stops collapsing at the end of season when competing in a sole competition? When does Arteta stop cornholing the fans that is my big question at which phase does my cornholing at the hands of him and Holding end?

Farzad Stoned

The getting the dog thing after he kicks us all in the sack with the same pub league defender 2 years running was so gross and transparent. A politician move. He is great at PR terrible at actual football management

Farzad Stoned

Wtf? Tactical versatility and Mik. Why dod he run out the same pub league defender and refuse to change his set up? That is tactical flexibility? What tactical flexibility he runs out the same exact lineup over and over again till he can’t. tactical flexibility he lacks completely

teamsoutheast

I don't think the role was created for Xhaka, it looks more like Xhaka was the only one in our squad capable of playing it.
Arteta has a vision of what our football should be like, and Xhaka having a good season was great, but the club feels they want more out of that position, which is most likely gonna reflect on our summer business with Xhaka going out and we invest massive money on a new CM

Smith Rowe or Sambi could have played it. Sambi needed game time though and Xhaka is one of our most senior members so we had to fit him in to the starting lineup so rather than a DLP and in a 4-2-3-1 they adjusted his role to a B2B in a 4-3-3. From pre season games, you could see it was working well as he got into very good positions to both create and score goals. I thought he should target double figures for goals because of his intelligence , sweet left foot and stamina levels.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I need one of you to admit that securing Champions league football with a mixture of academy talent and seasoned pros, whilst paying for a stadium rebuild is nothing new to Arsenal football club.

Otherwise I will end up just sh*tting on Arteta all summer.

One of you must atleast see a little bit why some of us just do not rate the PR and praise that comes with this process?

We've secured CL with academy talent like Wilshere, Iwobi and comical players like Gibbs so some of you are pissing me off a little bit.
Nobody should pretend this is a groundbreaking achievement for our club, but just saying "we've been here before" as if nothing changed in between would not be fair. It's not like we brought in Arteta to replace Wenger in 2015 or something. The fact of the matter is the last two years of the Wenger era and the Emery era were bad, and there was a recovery job to be done. It took Arteta time to get there, and I did give up on him on the way, but he has achieved that recovery job ultimately. We're back. Now we'll see if we can go further.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nobody should pretend this is a groundbreaking achievement for our club, but just saying "we've been here before" as if nothing changed in between would not be fair. It's not like we brought in Arteta to replace Wenger in 2015 or something. The fact of the matter is the last two years of the Wenger era and the Emery era were bad, and there was a recovery job to be done. It took Arteta time to get there, and I did give up on him on the way, but he has achieved that recovery job ultimately. We're back. Now we'll see if we can go further.
We all know why the last two years of Wenger was bad. Emery‘s one whole year here was equal to or better than Arteta’s first two whole year finishes.

This year Arteta has done very well, much like Wenger did spending a lot less. Time for praise, but not for rewriting history.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I need one of you to admit that securing Champions league football with a mixture of academy talent and seasoned pros, whilst paying for a stadium rebuild is nothing new to Arsenal football club.
It isn’t anything new. It’s where we go from here that counts.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

When does the phase start when he stops collapsing at the end of season when competing in a sole competition? When does Arteta stop cornholing the fans that is my big question at which phase does my cornholing at the hands of him and Holding end?
Mate, you post the same boorish post day in and day out! Are you not finding yourself a tad boring? Starting to think there are some seriously repressed urges featuring well-equipped men and Farzad... :facepalm:

Farzad Stoned

Mate, you post the same boorish post day in and day out! Are you not finding yourself a tad boring? Starting to think there are some seriously repressed urges featuring well-equipped men and Farzad... :facepalm:
Lol. Stop dreaming. Why does the man’s teams collapse after one competition? He is not a good return on time, money, and emotional scars of his never ending career growth journey we got to pay for. There is no way an elite experienced manager which Arsenal can have and deserve would of made a mess of it as badly as he did in one competition

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Revisionism. We were third for about 8 weeks and got second place ahead of Sp**s on the last day of that season. At one point I remember the foxes having a 10 point lead over everyone. Every top 6 side bottled that season it was just a weird anomaly.

We did not lose the league to Leicester Sp**s did. I really abhor the revisionist on here. People who claim that we lost he league to Leicester are delusional.

Eat Carrots. Good for memory.

Screenshot 2023-05-29 195230.png

Bucephalus

It isn’t anything new. It’s where we go from here that counts.
Of course it isn't new. Of course we all want to push on from here. But . . .

Wenger was roundly mocked, by Arsenal fans and Arsenal haters alike, for saying fourth place is like a trophy. It never was. But dropping out of the top four, especially after so many years, was like a relegation, the closest we'll ever come to that feeling. Back in the top four--and a convincing second, not creeping in at fourth--is like a promotion. Sheffield United didn't win any silverware this year either: Burnley and (because they apparently give out trophies to the playoff winner) Luton Town did. But Sheffield United fans don't care, they're happier than a pig in s**t. Because they're back.

And we're back, too. Sure that oh so close sucks. But we're back. And Arteta did it. Sure, I'll spend the summer fretting about transfers. But I'll also spend the summer happy because, like Sheffield United, it's the best non-silverware season you can possibly have. We're back.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom