• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I don't get this. There's an element of the fanbase that has a fixation on youth for the sake of youth.

We'd have had the youngest side ever to win a PL title if we won it this season. Is that not good enough? It's not like young players ( albeit non academy talents) who are up to the required standard aren't getting to play week in week out. If anything we could have done with a bit more experience and nous in that title race.

To blood Nwaneri or Cozier-Dewbury or whoever in a title race would have been idiotic.

Saka's an anomaly anyway. Under Emery, Arteta or Dyche he'd have got that opportunity because he is just that talented.

True. Being an academy merchant seems like a badge of honour for some fans out there. Makes them feel like “true fans”

This is not a dig at Mutable at all, who holds a legitimate interest obviously in our academy. It’s more pointed towards some twitter merchants

Artemis

We scored 88 goals in the PL in the season. A goal tally Wenger has never reached (but Wenger was much better defensively).

Only teams that scored more than us this season in the top 5 leagues are PSG (lesser quality league), Bayern Munich (lesser quality league) & Man City.

Man City scored 94 goals - highest in Europe (top 5 leagues)

That's who we were competing against this season. A doped-up monstrously expensive side that scored 94 goals and will likely sweep up the Treble.

Where are all those people claiming that Man City were taking it easy on us?

Will they be watching when City complete the Treble this weekend?

I'm backing Arteta 100%. The attacking football had so much quality & was consistent throughout the season. The numbers don't lie. 88 goals.

Give him a few more signings and let's go for the Champions League.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We scored 88 goals in the PL in the season. A goal tally Wenger has never reached (but Wenger was much better defensively).

Only teams that scored more than us this season in the top 5 leagues are PSG (lesser quality league), Bayern Munich (lesser quality league) & Man City.

Man City scored 94 goals - highest in Europe (top 5 leagues)

That's who we were competing against this season. A doped-up monstrously expensive side that scored 94 goals and will likely sweep up the Treble.

Where are all those people claiming that Man City were taking it easy on us?

Will they be watching when City complete the Treble this weekend?

I'm backing Arteta 100%. The attacking football had so much quality & was consistent throughout the season. The numbers don't lie. 88 goals.

Give him a few more signings and let's go for the Champions League.

Tottenham scored 86 goals (more than any other team) in the 16/17 season and nobody cared.

The league is now so easy that celebrating/being happy about/mentioning as a positive breaking a team record is a no-no and must be qualified to the tenth degree. Have you not heard?

This place is going to be hilarious if and when we win the league next.

Napoli 90 points
Man City 89 points
Barcelona 88 points
PSG 85 points
Arsenal 84 points
Lens 84 points
Real Madrid 78 points
Lazio 74 points
Bayern 71 points
Dortmund 71 points

Top5 best team in Europe. We must take steps back my friend. This is to good for life!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Everybody is happy that Arsenal finished 2nd.

However, when people imply this season is the best thing we’ve ever done because they believe football is superior today and points total proves it, it does take the luster off a bit.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

However, when people imply this season is the best thing we’ve ever done because they believe football is superior today and points total proves it, it does take the luster off a bit.
Who has implied this is the best season we have ever had? That’s a genuine question btw, I haven’t seen that myself, and would be amazed if anyone actually took that position.

That this is the most goals we have scored is a fact though, and one you’d expect to be celebrated. It seems odd to get defensive about it, no?

“Great attacking season, we broke a team record!” “Who cares, leagues easier now than before.” This doesn’t seem an odd response to us doing well? This logic can be applied to any future success we have.

Whether the league is or isn’t easier, surely we all hope to break our own records continually? It’s a shame to me that as a fanbase we attach so much to simple facts you’d expect us otherwise to collectively celebrate.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Napoli 90 points
Man City 89 points
Barcelona 88 points
PSG 85 points
Arsenal 84 points
Lens 84 points
Real Madrid 78 points
Lazio 74 points
Bayern 71 points
Dortmund 71 points

Top5 best team in Europe. We must take steps back my friend. This is to good for life!
Maybe we are all too afraid of being happy, have you ever run from the things you love? Being vulnerable is hard!

GDeep™

League is very weak

Been hearing about “80 points plus” like it’s an amazing thing never seen before, Sp**s done it just a few years ago, Wenger done it countless times, even done it in 07/08 with kids. You point that out and people get upset.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Been hearing about “80 points plus” like it’s an amazing thing never seen before, Sp**s done it just a few years ago, Wenger done it countless times, even done it in 07/08 with kids. You point that out and people get upset.
Tag them! Whose upset we have hit 80 points in the past? Or that other teams have?

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Tag who? It’s everywhere. Constant talk of points tallies.
You said people are upset when it’s acknowledged this isn’t the first time we got 80 points - I haven’t seen that anywhere. Maybe I am not active enough though, so I was curious who feels that way.

Seems a silly thing to be upset about.

Point total talks can become redundant for sure. Each season is judged based on the relative strength of the competitors at that time, though I can see why a team that had been in a rut suddenly boosts their points total (and subsequently standing in the league) would be happy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You said people are upset when it’s acknowledged this isn’t the first time we got 80 points - I haven’t seen that anywhere. Maybe I am not active enough though, so I was curious who feels that way.

Seems a silly thing to be upset about.

Point total talks can become redundant for sure. Each season is judged based on the relative strength of the competitors at that time, though I can see why a team that had been in a rut suddenly boosts their points total (and subsequently standing in the league) would be happy.
Seems to have bothered you a little, if not upset.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Seems to have bothered you a little, if not upset.
What makes you say that? That I asked you? And saying that whoever is upset about hearing of past point totals is silly (essentially agreeing with you, if what you said is true)? :lol:

If you can’t tag anyone, it’s okay!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Each season is judged based on the relative strength of the competitors at that time

Exactly. In a similar debate one of our beloved mods and community leaders replied this team got more points than any of Graham’s team and I’ve been quietly triggered ever since.

He was right as well I googled it.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Exactly. In a similar debate one of our beloved mods and community leaders replied this team got more points than any of Graham’s team and I’ve been quietly triggered ever since.

He was right as well I googled it.
Yeah, its why it can be silly to bring up.

If 80 points gets you 6th place one season, but 1st place another, you’re not going to celebrate them the same.

Though I can see why if a team that has been struggling suddenly sees a drastic point total increase they’d be happy - but even then it seems more about the increase in standing.

Though maybe I’m being slightly hypocritical, because I’d be way more pissed to get 99 points and still somehow lose the league than I was to lose it on 84, for example :lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Isn't the current squad younger than that 07/08 team? The starting XI is at least, not sure about overall squad.

Not to take away from anything Wenger did, he did it with less funding etc, just not sure the "with kids" argument really makes sense in this debate.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom