• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
5th in the league in his first season and a EL final with 0 English or next to 0 English, replacing Wenger, and with a squad full of bums left by Wenger isn't exactly bad. Towards the end yes. But sitting 10th in the league and a EL semi final isn't better. Apart from not conceding 20 shots a match the football is no better either. Arteta is doing worse than Emery. That's a fact.

No pre season, has begun reshaping the squad, I think the football is better, using a lot more youth players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No pre season, has begun reshaping the squad, I think the football is better, using a lot more youth players.
No team had a preseason.

Reshaping the squad? Mari, Soares, Willian, Luiz contract extension, Runnarson. Some terrible signings. 2 loan players we are never going to sign? Not really long term planning there.

Emery gave Saka his first taste of football. ESR was given a chance and he took it. Thats not on Arteta he was forced to do that.

Emery was never supported. Asked for Zaha and Partey and got handed Pepe and Ceballos. Had Emery got those 2 players we wouldn't have been 8th when he was sacked. Maybe 5th/6th. Which would have been acceptable given its acceptable for Mikel.

Stats don't lie. Arteta is performing terribly.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The mods not going to ban him then? We can’t be sharing a forum with someone who encourages sexual abuse, has sympathies towards sex with a child etc.

Now they are pretending to be some sort of neutral.

Think they want to give him (the poster) the benefit of the doubt of not being him (the manberg).

Having said that, I've just been to the Xhaka thread for the first time in months and that's a Manberg if I've ever seen one. Fact he knows who the character is, is also the dead giveaway. The whole prentend thing is also getting old.

Wished he would take the hint.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Why does we want the fans back in the stadium? Last thing I'd want if I were in his shoes.

It's a double-edged sword, it does give the players an extra boost, but can you imagine our first horrible run of form with fans? Some players would've been eaten alive.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's a double-edged sword, it does give the players an extra boost, but can you imagine our first horrible run of form with fans? Some players would've been eaten alive.
But the boost would be the same for all teams.

This idea that preseason, fans not in stadiums etc isn't valid. It's a level playing field it isn't like some teams have fans and some don't.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
No team had a preseason.

Reshaping the squad? Mari, Soares, Willian, Luiz contract extension, Runnarson. Some terrible signings. 2 loan players we are never going to sign? Not really long term planning there.

Emery gave Saka his first taste of football. ESR was given a chance and he took it. Thats not on Arteta he was forced to do that.

Emery was never supported. Asked for Zaha and Partey and got handed Pepe and Ceballos. Had Emery got those 2 players we wouldn't have been 8th when he was sacked. Maybe 5th/6th. Which would have been acceptable given its acceptable for Mikel.

Stats don't lie. Arteta is performing terribly.

You do know that Pepe is a better player than Zaha, right?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You do know that Pepe is a better player than Zaha, right?
Would Zaha have had a better impact than Pepe has had? I can guarantee you now if Zaha is at Arsenal he's one of the first names in the starting 11. Pepe isn't. That says it all.

Your opinion is your opinion but Pepe has flopped at Arsenal. Zaha wouldn't have to do much to have made a better impact.

mirrorstare

People way too confident that with Tierney and Auba back we'll walk against Villareal.

Not like we've already seen the night and night difference when Tierney plays or not this season and let's not start with how Auba is now considered the new Özil. We've been consistently awful no matter what team we put out there so what's there to be excited about.

Laca back might be another story, he's the player that has both carried us this season AND provided actual football to be mildly excited about. But it's still a big if, he's had his share of rusty games where he cannot influence the game at all.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why does we want the fans back in the stadium? Last thing I'd want if I were in his shoes.

Because fans booing the players would give Arteta a cheap and convenient scapegoat. It's all the fans' fault, the players are not performing because the fans do not give them enough support. No fans means Arteta is currently has no one to blame but himself. Blaming players like what Ornstein is doing isn't an option for Arteta when he needs to rely on these players to pull him out of his mess.

UnbiasedNeutral

People way too confident that with Tierney and Auba back we'll walk against Villareal.

Not like we've already seen the night and night difference when Tierney plays or not this season and let's not start with how Auba is now considered the new Özil. We've been consistently awful no matter what team we put out there so what's there to be excited about.

Laca back might be another story, he's the player that has both carried us this season AND provided actual football to be mildly excited about. But it's still a big if, he's had his share of rusty games where he cannot influence the game at all.

I agree Laca is maybe more important (which is why Smith Rowe played as a F9 as he has similar qualities to Laca), but having Xhaka in midfield is also a huge thing too. At present, he's the best midfielder in the squad, playing at left back is doing him no good.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think some of you underestimate the coming fallout of not making any European football, its going to hit hard. And when I refer to Europe, Im going as far down as this coming Conference League.

I have zero confidence in Arteta getting us into any European competition next season, and he will pay for it with his job I feel. Him getting us into Europe should keep him around (and we need to get into Europe... I dont care what people say about that), but the writing is long on the wall and his days are numbered.

He is still far too green for this role, and the world is passing us by now... even Kroeke should see this.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
for what its worth, I think Arteta is doing a basic job of atleast bringing some stability and steel back to the club. In the sense that at least it feels there is some method in the madness, and some long term thinking. There is no actual proof or fact to back this feeling but still it feels a bit more stable as a setup.

The football is decent in defence and predictable in attack. It doesnt concede much and it doesnt do much. Every player has been made to feel dispensable and maybe that was the first objective, to break the player power.

Its tought to explain how horrible it is to watch them flounder around like this in games, like a toddler trying to play football. The only way is to pretend that the NeW ArsEnaL started when Kroenke got full control. Its now run under different objectives. The owners wouldnt recognize attractive football anyway. This is new club building from the bottom up.

We had only two tricks....either Pepe curls in a stunner or Saka buys a penalty or flukes a goal. That was it. We spend 90 minutes patiently trying to do this trick and finally managed to get the away goal. So Arteta got what he set out to do.

He seems decently capable of making a plan for a situation and pushing it through. Most often it comes unstuck, but there always is a plan.

He was a percentages player and thats how he is as a manager. I think New Arsenal cant really indulge or attract better managers anyway.

What he can do is to now start building his core team..and play Saka at #10. Frankly, thats the only good player we have, and might as well go all in. With Pepe, Laca, Martinelli, Auba, Smith Rowe to fill up the three forward slots...and Xhaka Partey the double pivot...this might still work.

edit: sorry a couple of twits got me banned for months...so this long post is compensation.

Iceman10

Established Member
Think they want to give him (the poster) the benefit of the doubt of not being him (the manberg).

Having said that, I've just been to the Xhaka thread for the first time in months and that's a Manberg if I've ever seen one. Fact he knows who the character is, is also the dead giveaway. The whole prentend thing is also getting old.

Wished he would take the hint.
Was it confirmed on the previous page with Hunta and Yousif talking about IP address? Anyway, putting it on ignore.

UnbiasedNeutral

Was it confirmed on the previous page with Hunta and Yousif talking about IP address? Anyway, putting it on ignore.

That was a troll. Although I'm happy for them to check my IP address and compare it with Manberg. Anything to put to bed this nonsense romour.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom