• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Or they're just more reasonable than the people on here...

Nice job equating reasonableness with keeping Arteta

What is so reasonable about supporting a manager who is going to lead Arsenal to our worst league finish in 26 years and not qualify for a major European competition next season?*

*Assuming we get knocked out next week

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I can understand the criticism against Arteta but the glorification of Emery is laughable. You can actually say that Arteta is **** without saying that Emery wasnt terrible.
Nobody is bigging up Emery. What we are saying is that if being 5th and a EL isn't good enough for Emery why is 10th and a EL semi final supposedly acceptable for Arteta?

Emerys football was terrible at the end. And he was rightly sacked. But Artetas football (bar about 3 or 4 games) has been worse. After nearly 18 months we have no identity, he doesn't know his starting line up and personally he is making horrendous errors. I mean blatant obvious errors.

He said he spoke to Dani at half time. Then 2 minutes into the 2nd half he makes a tackle like he did. If I'm the manager I'm thinking "that **** didn't listen to me, he isn't following my orders and he's gonna cost me my job". However 11 minuted lapses between that and the red card. 11 minutes in football is huge. He had no plan to take Ceballos off. Maybe 20 mins to go or something but he was clearly too stubborn to admit he got it wrong at the start.

Anyway. We aren't winning winning EL with the way we are playing. People say....we have Oles number. That's bullshit. Arteta may have won a few early battles against United but he's losing the war quite easily.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nobody is bigging up Emery. What we are saying is that if being 5th and a EL isn't good enough for Emery why is 10th and a EL semi final supposedly acceptable for Arteta?

Emerys football was terrible at the end. And he was rightly sacked. But Artetas football (bar about 3 or 4 games) has been worse. After nearly 18 months we have no identity, he doesn't know his starting line up and personally he is making horrendous errors. I mean blatant obvious errors.

He said he spoke to Dani at half time. Then 2 minutes into the 2nd half he makes a tackle like he did. If I'm the manager I'm thinking "that **** didn't listen to me, he isn't following my orders and he's gonna cost me my job". However 11 minuted lapses between that and the red card. 11 minutes in football is huge. He had no plan to take Ceballos off. Maybe 20 mins to go or something but he was clearly too stubborn to admit he got it wrong at the start.

Anyway. We aren't winning winning EL with the way we are playing. People say....we have Oles number. That's bullshit. Arteta may have won a few early battles against United but he's losing the war quite easily.
EL final*

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
Nice job equating reasonableness with keeping Arteta

What is so reasonable about supporting a manager who is going to lead Arsenal to our worst league finish in 26 years and not qualify for a major European competition next season?*

*Assuming we get knocked out next week

because it takes time to reshape a squad and develop principles of play. He hasn't had time to even work with the players yet.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

And got rid of Guendouzie, Özil and Torreira, ruined Partey by playing his injured, extended ElNenny and Ceballos, aaaand benched Martinelli. And let's not mention Saliba.

The man is a walking, talking, scowling wrecking ball.

The upside is that, in his indiscriminate wrecking of careers, he's managed to throw his own into the mix.

Once he's sacked, he'll be lucky to get a look in from the likes of Stockport County :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
because it takes time to reshape a squad and develop principles of play. He hasn't had time to even work with the players yet.
It doesn't take 18 months to make improvements. If it takes 18 months to go backwards this far how long will it take to get to the top 4? 5 years under Mikel. Which in that time the players will be sick of his voice and need a change.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I’m sure he will fit in well back at City... in the canteen.

I can’t believe he is still here.

That goes for 99% of the forum, mate.

The fact he lasted here longer than managers with better credentials says a lot about the ownership & their contempt for this fine club's traditions.

mirrorstare

It's a twitter pole! Everyone votes, and in multiples, not just Arsenal fans. Even I have 2 Twitter accounts.

I guess if the pockets are deep enough to have Athletic articles about how fun training sessions with Arteta are you can get some twitter shills and bots too.

From what I saw here and reddit the last game woke up everyone who isn't doing a lame performance act, to the point a decent amount of people accepted winning silverware wouldn't be enough to justify this football.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
This can be true. Another thing that can be true is that Arteta isn't the man to do it.

Do you think Sp**s would be where they are if they kept faith in Tim Sherwood to reshape the squad and develop the players instead of sacking him and eventually getting Pochetino?

You need to have faith in the right manager not just anybody.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
for what its worth, I think Arteta is doing a basic job of atleast bringing some stability and steel back to the club. In the sense that at least it feels there is some method in the madness, and some long term thinking. There is no actual proof or fact to back this feeling but still it feels a bit more stable as a setup.

The football is decent in defence and predictable in attack. It doesnt concede much and it doesnt do much. Every player has been made to feel dispensable and maybe that was the first objective, to break the player power.

Its tought to explain how horrible it is to watch them flounder around like this in games, like a toddler trying to play football. The only way is to pretend that the NeW ArsEnaL started when KroenkeOut 🛩️ got full control. Its now run under different objectives. The owners wouldnt recognize attractive football anyway. This is new club building from the bottom up.

We had only two tricks....either Pepe curls in a stunner or Saka buys a penalty or flukes a goal. That was it. We spend 90 minutes patiently trying to do this trick and finally managed to get the away goal. So Arteta got what he set out to do.

He seems decently capable of making a plan for a situation and pushing it through. Most often it comes unstuck, but there always is a plan.

He was a percentages player and thats how he is as a manager. I think New Arsenal cant really indulge or attract better managers anyway.

What he can do is to now start building his core team..and play Saka at #10. Frankly, thats the only good player we have, and might as well go all in. With Pepe, Laca, Martinelli, Auba, Smith Rowe to fill up the three forward slots...and Xhaka Partey the double pivot...this might still work.

edit: sorry a couple of twits got me banned for months...so this long post is compensation.
Arsenal haven’t kept a clean sheet in the last 15 games i think..how can this be decent defence??

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom