• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

tcahill

As average as the results are, plenty of players have come out saying how good Arteta is going to be. This group includes Tierney, who seems pretty honest. Athletic have also stated multiple times that Arteta is highly regarded in the industry.

I'm genuinely curious as to what we're missing here.

Iceman10

Established Member
As average as the results are, plenty of players have come out saying how good Arteta is going to be. This group includes Tierney, who seems pretty honest. Athletic have also stated multiple times that Arteta is highly regarded in the industry.

It could be a thing about coaching individual players and managing an overall team.

For all the good stories though I have to ask what led to Dani Ceballos surprisingly regressing this season and we don't know yet how things are going to end up with Martinelli and Saliba. Something weird has happened with Cedric and things haven't quite looked right with Auba.

The stuff where things haven't looked to be going well the players have generally not voiced any dissent though, but thinking about it we generally don't see much of that in the game in general. Did Dele Alli, Danny Rose, etc. say much about Mourinho? I didn't see anything.

Wounded Healer

Results?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’ve defeated your squad cost argument with pure facts. The Fergie Wenger rivalry period, which is the point we’re on about (96-04), Utd only spent £70mil more than us. Not a big enough gap to explain why they won more PL trophies and a CL in that time whilst we didn’t, and certainly not 10x more spend as you claim. Seems like you’re strawmanning. Take the L and goodnight.
:lol: Their rivalry was between 96 to 2013 and in that time Transfermarkt figures shows that Arsenal spent a sum total of £31m only out of their funds. United spent £339m, Chelsea £732m, Sp**s £287m and Liverpool £317m.

Our 3 titles and continuous top 4 for that money spent was unbelievable despite you poking fun at it. Use your brain man. :lol:

CBC52-E3-D-3-D3-E-4-B84-A834-95-C27774-F037.jpg

Theresa

:lol: Their rivalry was between 96 to 2013 and in that time Transfermarkt figures shows that Arsenal spent a sum total of £31m only out of their funds. United spent £339m, Chelsea £732m, Sp**s £287m and Liverpool £317m.

Our 3 titles and continuous top 4 for that money spent was unbelievable despite you poking fun at it. Use your brain man. :lol:

CBC52-E3-D-3-D3-E-4-B84-A834-95-C27774-F037.jpg
:lol: You think we were challenging for the league in 2013? Cause, we weren’t. The rivalry only lasted between 96 and 2004. It fell apart after we dismantled the invincibles and went with a failed youth project. You’re not addressing the underachievement when we did spend a lot money either. Fergie won more in those 8 years, including the CL.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Good article in the Athletic this morning about Paratici arriving at Sp**s, but still no manager in place despite their attempts to get back Poch after their poor finish. Getting rid of a superb manager can be a stupid decision that the club lives to regret.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

:lol: You think we were challenging for the league in 2013? Cause, we weren’t. The rivalry only lasted between 96 and 2004. It fell apart after we dismantled the invincibles and went with a failed youth project. You’re not addressing the underachievement when we did spend a lot money either. Fergie won more in those 8 years, including the CL.
There was no underachievement just because you say it. The stadium build took his cash away. Look at the figures man.

Theresa

There was no underachievement just because you say it. The stadium build took his cash away. Look at the figures man.

3 league titles in 22 years is not very good. Leicester won it despite spending a lot less than us. If it’s about odds then we should’ve won it more since we spent a lot more than them and had greater odds. Also, terrible performance in Europe. We went out to far lesser teams with far lower squad costs. We had one of our best sides ever and lost a final to Galatasaray, do you consider that a success?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

3 league titles in 22 years is not very good. Leicester won it despite spending a lot less than us. If it’s about odds then we should’ve won it more since we spent a lot more than them and had greater odds. Also, terrible performance in Europe. We went out to far lesser teams with far lower squad costs. We had one of our best sides ever and lost a final to Galatasaray, do you consider that a success?
Manberg or Theresa, whatever your name is, concentrate on your man Arteta, He's been 8th twice and we're not even in the European Conference League. How's that for underacheivement? Lol

Theresa

Manberg or Theresa, whatever your name is, concentrate on your man Arteta, He's been 8th twice and we're not even in the European Conference League. How's that for underacheivement? Lol

I didn’t bring up Arteta. This past season’s been terrible, even Arteta said similar. I’m only saying that Wenger underachieved at Arsenal.

Theresa

3 PL titles in 7 years including one invincible not good enough?

9 years. I meant to include 2005 in the picture as well. The invincibles were still in tact. And no, we had a better team than Utd in that time, who won it 5 times with a CL on top. Invincibles was great, but we should’ve done more.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
9 years. I meant to include 2005 in the picture as well. The invincibles were still in tact. And no, we had a better team than Utd in that time, who won it 5 times with a CL on top. Invincibles was great, but we should’ve done more.
but it was fergies league and fergies pals and fergies referees. so we should have won 4 and fergie 5 since they slightly outspent us .. thats your point?

Theresa

but it was fergies league and fergies pals and fergies referees. so we should have won 4 and fergie 5 since they slightly outspent us .. thats your point?

I don’t believe in those “Fergie bought the refs” sayings. We should have won it at least 5 times and we should have won the champions league. Instead we were terrible in Europe, and lost a Uefa cup final to Galatasaray.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I don’t believe in those “Fergie bought the refs” sayings. We should have won it at least 5 times and we should have won the champions league. Instead we were terrible in Europe, and lost a Uefa cup final to Galatasaray.
why 5 times out of 9 if fergie outspent us and was already top dog?

1 win in a knockout cup is too small a sample to be explained by squad cost statistics so leave CL aside. Then you can include FA Cups too

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Arteta overachieved this season, right?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We probably should have won more during our golden period, especially the European Cup, but at least we did win things...don't take that for granted.

We were definitely up against it back then though, United were heavily favoured by the refs/FA over us, anyone who says differently has an agenda tbh.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom