• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Anything but top 4 and this guy’s had his freakin’ chance. This is his 3rd season here. Poch made top 4 with Sp**s in this time, Klopp had made top 4 with Liverpool too. That’s what good managers do with a team spending at this level.

Now expectations are through the floor though, top 4 would be celebration time, when not long ago it was cause for fans spitting hate to remove a fantastic manager. Not sure I’ll ever get over that hypocrisy.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Maupay ****houses us all game and intentional and needlessly seriously injuries one of our players. Guendouzi doesn't take that **** lying down, actual shows some fire in belly and balls to stand up for his teammates and what he gets in return is a bollocking of his manager. So which is it? Do you want or players to be weak and soft or do you want them to have some fire and aggression in them? Because Arteta clearly doesn't want the latter.
I personally liked that Guendouzi stood up to Maupay, although it would have been better with a couple of hard challenges during the game than that stuff after we had lost.

The reason Guendouzi ended up where he ended up wasn't the Brighton game only though. It was a culmination of other issues with his behaviour.

I honestly liked and like Guendouzi, but he seems to have disciplinary issues so moving him on is fine with me, especially after his various tweets etc. Think it overall could have been handled better, but there we are.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Anything but top 4 and this guy’s had his freakin’ chance. This is his 3rd season here. Poch made top 4 with Sp**s in this time, Klopp had made top 4 with Liverpool too. That’s what good managers do with a team spending at this level.

Now expectations are through the floor though, top 4 would be celebration time, when not long ago it was cause for fans spitting hate to remove a fantastic manager. Not sure I’ll ever get over that hypocrisy.
Absolutely, Mikel has taken pretty much every aspect of our football backwards in 18 months.

He has been shown unbelievable tolerance, support and patience by the Kronke's, no other manager at a top club would still be in their job after last seasons failure. If he doesn't deliver both entertaining and winning football fast he needs the boot and frankly he can have no arguments.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

If we finish in the Europa League places, then the club shouldn't sack him, tbh...we shouldn't be expected to finish above City, Chelsea, United or Liverpool, our players/club is a Europa League level one atm.

No manager should be expected to get this team in the Champions League, there are just too many better teams than us right now.

If you want Mikel sacked if he falls out with the team (like Emery did) this season, or if he has bad run in the first half of this season like he did last year, that's fine...but if we finish 5th and you still want him out at the end of the year, then that's an agenda on your part.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Whenever Pep has needed to actually use man management skills he's always failed. It's easy when you can just sack off a player because he doesn't suit you and just spend 50million on another fullback, again and again and again until you find the right one. It's a different story altogether when you can't, when you need to use him the squad or when you can't afford to tank his value. You don't have to worry about that when you've got a oil fund behind you.

I agree. But Arteta is nowhere good enough or trustworthy enough in his judgement to treat players the way he has. Build up some credibility and then you can throw as many players on the dump heap as you want, until then you look like a unhinged mug desperately flounder around for authority that undermined by your lack of quality and double standards.

Not a single manager that has ever worked with Guendouzi has ever questioned his seriousness or commitment in training or game. In fact they've said the complete opposite and said he's an obsessed trainer.

Maupay ****houses us all game and intentional and needlessly seriously injuries one of our players. Guendouzi doesn't take that **** lying down, actual shows some fire in belly and balls to stand up for his teammates and what he gets in return is a bollocking of his manager. So which is it? Do you want or players to be weak and soft or do you want them to have some fire and aggression in them? Because Arteta clearly doesn't want the latter.

No it's tough being a complete and utter novice of manager who's got far more wrong then right, has double standards and then tries you rule with an iron fist on some players but not others. I have no problem with Arteta being "too hard", problem is he's not hard on the right players, he clearly has his favourites, can't say jack all to the older, louder players and then flexes his muscles on the younger or less vocal members of the group.
Most of your post is just anti Arteta conjecture with little bearing on the truth. You will get some likes from the Arteta Out brigade on here but its not even worthy of a decent reply.
He has cracked the whip on both senior players and young players if he thinks they are disruptive and a bad influence on the dressing room.
He is the manager and has to make that call.

All your post really says is that love douzi and felt he should have been kept lol. He was a young squad player who lacked braincells. There is a reason he has issues everywhere.

Hopefully Sambi will make you forget him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If we finish in the Europa League places, then the club shouldn't sack him, tbh...we shouldn't be expected to finish above City, Chelsea, United or Liverpool, our players/club is a Europa League level one atm.

No manager should be expected to get this team in the Champions League, there are just too many better teams than us right now.

If you want Mikel sacked if he falls out with the team (like Emery did) this season, or if he has bad run in the first half of this season like he did last year, that's fine...but if we finish 5th and you still want him out at the end of the year, then that's an agenda on your part.

That's the attitude that's seen us slip further and further down the league. Emery wasn't the right guy and even he nearly had us top 4 without the obvious balls up. The longer the club and then fans gradually start accepting that top 6 is good enough for Arsenal then the quicker it will become top 8 is good enough etc.

On paper obviously right now the likes of City and Liverpool are well ahead of us but if the game was played on paper we wouldn't have seen Leicester nearly qualify 2 years on the trot. Admittedly they messed it up as well but that was through their own fault. If we start thinking that it's impossible to finish in the top 4, we're not even talking title challenges here, then we may as well pack it in now.

Riou

That's the attitude that's seen us slip further and further down the league. Emery wasn't the right guy and even he nearly had us top 4 without the obvious balls up. The longer the club and then fans gradually start accepting that top 6 is good enough for Arsenal then the quicker it will become top 8 is good enough etc.

On paper obviously right now the likes of City and Liverpool are well ahead of us but if the game was played on paper we wouldn't have seen Leicester nearly qualify 2 years on the trot. Admittedly they messed it up as well but that was through their own fault. If we start thinking that it's impossible to finish in the top 4, we're not even talking title challenges here, then we may as well pack it in now.

I agree, but the that attitude comes from our owner.

When I was growing up, I would have been disappointed with a 2nd place finish, tbh...the manager, the players, the staff...the whole club was at a completely different level to now...we keep the slipping, because no one really cares on our board, no one wants to overly compete.

If I held the club the same standard it was pre Stan, then I would never be happy watching us...and considering he will be here for a long time, my belief he Arsenal continues to decrease from what it used to be.

You, as a fan, can want the club to do aswell as you want...but that has no impact on how the club actually does, that's all down to one man who runs the club.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

guess their issue will be the renewal with just two years left & when to time it :lol:

this summer is probably their best option as if the home fans start getting on his back near impossible

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I agree, but the that attitude comes from our owner.

When I was growing up, I would have been disappointed with a 2nd place finish, tbh...the manager, the players, the staff...the whole club was at a completely different level to now...we keep the slipping, because no one really cares on our board, no one wants to overly compete.

If I held the club the same standard it was pre Stan, then I would never be happy watching us...and considering he will be here for a long time, my belief he Arsenal continues to decrease from what it used to be.

You, as a fan, can want the club to do aswell as you want, but that has no impact on how the club actually does.

If we're talking title wins then yes I can't see it with the current owner but he himself only goes so far. I think with competent coaching then you can get a squad such as ours into the top 4.

There's a lot of other factors that come into play obviously like other sides maybe not performing as well as expected or a coach dragging a level out of certain players that maybe didn't seem possible. Whether that's because Arteta hugely improves this season or because the board luck out when making the next appointment there's no reason top 4 can't be achieved unless the current top 4 all play at their optimum level throughout the whole season which would be some feat.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Absolutely, Mikel has taken pretty much every aspect of our football backwards in 18 months.

He has been shown unbelievable tolerance, support and patience by the Kronke's, no other manager at a top club would still be in their job after last seasons failure. If he doesn't deliver both entertaining and winning football fast he needs the boot and frankly he can have no arguments.
He inherited a poor unbalanced squad with not good enough players some coasting on big wages.
The club had been on the slide for years. It needed major surgery and a culture change. This is not something that could be done overnight and takes years and many transfer windows to sort out.
Unfortunately other clubs dont want our mediocre players.
I am not saying Arteta is guaranteed to succeed but at least he & the club seems to now have a plan.
Unless you have Oil money you have to back a manager and give him time to take the club forward.
If not you are just papering over the cracks hoping you get lucky jumping from manager to manager.

TornadoTed

Established Member

I am not totally married to the idea of top 4, I know the 4 clubs you mention have better squads and 3 of the them have better managers also. My expectations aren't huge, I just want to see us improving.

If we finished 5th or 6th, played some good football and actually showed signs of improvement after 5 years of regressing season after season I would get behind Mikel again and give him my full support.

There is no excuse to finish below Sp**s, West Ham and even Leicester though in my opinion with the backing he has had.

Riou

If we're talking title wins then yes I can't see it with the current owner but he himself only goes so far. I think with competent coaching then you can get a squad such as ours into the top 4.

There's a lot of other factors that come into play obviously like other sides maybe not performing as well as expected or a coach dragging a level out of certain players that maybe didn't seem possible. Whether that's because Arteta hugely improves this season or because the board luck out when making the next appointment there's no reason top 4 can't be achieved.

How I see us getting back to Top Four, us trying to take Liverpool's place in it, tbh.

Think their team might be coming to the end of it's cycle in the next few years, and I am not totally convinced by their board either, think a lot their success is down to Klopp/luck more than the owner...so we need to build a team with the potential to be there in the next few seasons, and take their spot....feel with the money United, Chelsea and City have, they will always be a step ahead.

Not saying we can't get it this season either, as you say other factors are involved other than squad quality/money...but 5th/6th is about right for our level of team right now, so if Arteta gets that, I will let him have another year.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If we finished 5th or 6th, played some good football and actually showed signs of improvement after 5 years of regressing season after season I would get behind Mikel again and give him my full support.

Yeah this is it, top 4 should be the expectations. If we miss out then you look at point total, performances, player improvements etc. to see if we are heading in the right direction and if it's worth continuing or not. Just getting europa places is not an achievement at all.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How I see us getting back to Top Four, us trying to take Liverpool's place in it, tbh.

Think their team might be coming to the end of it's cycle in the next few years, and I am not totally convinced by their board either, think a lot their success is down to Klopp/luck more than the owner...so we need to build a team with the potential to be there in the next few seasons, and take their spot....feel with the money United, Chelsea and City have, they will always be a step ahead.

Not saying we can't get it this season either, as you say other factors are involved other than squad quality/money...but 5th/6th is about right for our level of team right now, so if Arteta gets that, I will let him have another year.

As long as Liverpool keep a hold of Michael Edwards I think they'll be there or thereabouts. Klopp has raised their reputation to elite again so they'll attract a great coach even after he leaves. If the next coach doesn't work out then would be the time they might fall off I feel.

If we finish 5th or 6th I'd only accept that if there is a massive improvement on what we see on the field. Anyone who watched us last season would agree it was an absolute chore. Boring to be brutally honest. More of the same without top 4 then he has to go.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Wow what terrible outlook. Give him hundreds of millions and don’t sack him if we’re just above midtable.

If he’s not challenging for top 4 he’s must go. The club and owners will think that too, they want that CL money, they aren’t signing White for 50M for nothing.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Arteta doesn't finish top four but if he's able to put up a vigorous top four challenge and play some decent football, I think I'll have a bit of time for him. I just can't stand to see us playing worse football than Burnley and finishing in 8th position and Arteta's friends in the Media rationalizing it and calling it a sign of improvement.

If we're not within touching distance of top four by november, the club should bin him. Arsène and Unai got worse treatment from the club.

But Edu doesn't have the balls, he knows with Arteta gone, his days will be numbered.

Last edited:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I disagree because if everyone under performs and Arteta is still throwing matches with weird experiments, constant chopping and changing, falling out with key or young talent and we don't hit our targets - then it's pretty much you guys with the agenda defending him we've had managers sacked for way less. Some on here slaughter Wenger till this day for not winning the title over Leicester for example.

If he actually spends what I think we are going to spend he has absolutely no excuse. I can think of maybe 2 managers that see this kind of generosity in Pep and Ole?
Lampard didn't even get to pick the players he essentially got Pepe's and Guendouzi's himself they were just German.

Tbf I am fully expecting him to sh*t the bed and just get away with it anyways sadly - the club is beyond bummy at this point. He will get defended too and people wonder why I just can't stand the club these days.

Riou

Funny to think we were only 6 points away from Champions League last season :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom