• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can you really like a team, without liking the manager?

The squad has been built specifically by Arteta, it's HIS team...I would find it very hard to want the team to do well, if I didn't like the coach.

Like if Mourinho was our manager, that would be awful for me...he would use any success here, to have a dig at Arsène in some way...**** that :lol:

I genuinely would’ve been as happy as a pig in sh*t if we got Jose.

I love the shenanigans. Throwing Vinai under the bus to the press, benching players for no reason, bullying Conte on the sidelines and sh*thousing wins against Pep.

Sport is entertainment and Jose is box office. Guy was built for it.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Can you really like a team, without liking the manager?
lol so you're admitting whoever the manager is effects the overall complexion of the club?

Yes it's possible anyways, managers come and go. Arteta will move on and delete all his Arsenal pics again one day.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I genuinely would’ve been as happy as a pig in sh*t if we got Jose.

I love the shenanigans. Throwing Vinai under the bus to the press, benching players for no reason, bullying Conte on the sidelines and sh*thousing wins against Pep.

Sport is entertainment and Jose is box office. Guy was built for it.

Very funny guy indeed.

But there is too much bad blood between him and Arsène, for me to ever want him here.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I was aware @jones was having a laugh. I found it amusing.

@Makingtrax blames Arsenal fans for Arsène getting sacked and wants them to be punished for it. No-one would hate it more than him if Arsenal gets back to some form of success as he'll view it as some sort of threat to Arsène's legacy. That's why he has to put all these little digs in about Arteta potentially getting top 4 when on the surface level he's giving a compliment. Arsène did it on a 3p budget, it will only count if he does it for multiple years etc. Honestly it's beyond tedious at this point.

My point was wider than this forum. It seems to me there is a real resentment among a fairly sizeable minority of Arsenal fans online towards Arteta and not just as a manager but as a personality.

Yet I talk to Arsenal fans in real life and I don't hear any of this stuff. The vast majority of Arsenal fans I know in real life are positive about Arsenal for the first time in a while and think Arteta is doing fairly well.

It's true of the match going fans as well. The Emirates crowd have really got behind the players this season, it's been rocking at times. There's obviously a bond there between the manager / players and the fans

It's just odd to me why online generally it's so different. If a fan of another club read Arsenal fans online opinions or social media stuff they'd think we are lunatics for complaining so much about a manager who is objectively doing an above average job this season.

I get it managers are going to get personal stick, it's not right but it happens, but it's generally when they're either stagnating like Arsène or underperforming like Unai. Arteta's getting it while he's doing a good job.

Fair enough, though I honestly don't feel like I've seen much negativity towards Arteta outside of this forum since our turn of form and added consistency this season.

That said this is only FB, IG and YouTube highlights comment sections, crucially I don't really watch AFTV.

As for the stuff with Trax well I'll leave you to debate that with him lol.

Riou

Swear they’re cool now. Worked well together as pundits.

Maybe.

But I will never forget what Jose did in the past...

58744f6f-67cb-4034-a170-ecfa97b9a00a_text.gif

...it's just who I am.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Would never want him here myself. Had to look left and right cause of receipts on here before I said that with chest, but found this :lol:

See I like Jose’s personality way more than Arteta.

Yes he’s a pretty obnoxious bloke but he says it with his chest. If he doesn’t like you he’ll actually say it rather than set up a media campaign through Gunnernonce.

Also once you get him away from football he seems a likeable enough guy. I think he amps it up WWE style for the cameras.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

See I like Jose’s personality way more than Arteta.

Yes he’s a pretty obnoxious bloke but he says it with his chest. If he doesn’t like you he’ll actually say it rather than set up a media campaign through Gunnernonce.

Also once you get him away from football he seems a likeable enough guy. I think he amps it up WWE style for the cameras.
I prefer nice guy managers to the arseholes. Not the only way to manage, just a personal preference on my behalf.

I've seen and heard too many instances of bullying from Mourinho, so whilst he's undeniably funny and charismatic I'd hate the thought of him with some of our players now. Can not stand bullies at all.

Punditry or a presenter of some sort is defo more him.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
it. No-one would hate it more than him if Arsenal gets back to some form of success as he'll view it as some sort of threat to Arsène's legacy. That's why he has to put all these little digs in about Arteta potentially getting top 4 when on the surface level he's giving a compliment. Arsène did it on a 3p budget, it will only count if he does it for multiple years etc. Honestly it's beyond tedious at this point.
Yep. It’s a cancel culture yet again. It’s now official. This is the sort of sh!t you get to try and ostracise anyone with a different point of view. People tagging you, telling posters how you’ll view things in the future. It’s how social media works today. Let’s hate this guy everybody! Lol.

You’ve written a pile of stinking poo buddy.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I prefer nice guy managers to the arseholes. Not the only way to manage, just a personal preference on my behalf.

I've seen and heard too many instances of bullying from Mourinho, so whilst he's undeniably funny and charismatic I'd hate the thought of him with some of our players now. Can not stand bullies at all.

Punditry or a presenter of some sort is defo more him.
Feel the same way, that’s why I like Unai.

Riou

Think Mourinho is the type of manager, your team has to get first in the league...otherwise he very much feels like sloppy seconds.

As Rex says, he definitely plays up his character in the press, don't think he is actually like that...but because he does this, he becomes so unlikeable to every other team/fanbase, as he is constantly having goes at them.

If he never managed in England before, I would happily take him...but after all the remarks about Arsène in the past and how angry that made me, I just couldn't then want him to be the manager of the team I support.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yep. It’s a cancel culture yet again. It’s now official. This is the sort of sh!t you get to try and ostracise anyone with a different point of view. People tagging you, telling posters how you’ll view things in the future. It’s how social media works today. Let’s hate this guy everybody! Lol.

You’ve written a pile of stinking poo buddy.

@Blood on the Tracks

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You breeze through this list like it's child's play when these are actually unicorn standards. He's two and a half years into his managerial career and had to deal with absurdly difficult circumstances, as a fan base we should more patient and willing to give young people a chance to learn and show us what they are about. Øde has taught me that goes for me too.

All accounts of him from people who have worked with him are good.
What are those absurdly difficult circumstances? Ditching literally every player he doesn't like while being allowed to spend more than almost any other manager in the world? Is this the trope again of our squad being relegation level, the same squad that with an allegedly inferior manager in Emery and actual dressing room dissonance got to 70 points and an EL final?

I don't know if you watch any football outside of Arsenal and the PL but most clubs would kill to have our absurdly difficult circumstances. Those are anything but unicorn standards, there are loads of managers who while not being successful that they're winning a title every season make quantifiable progress, play decent football with two-bit players and don't go around throwing their players under the bus every given chance. If you don't know them you should try to learn where they might be instead of claiming they're unicorns.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I can’t image @A__G ’s life the amount of time he devotes to this forum. If the owner’s aren’t giving him an i8 like the Leicester players got in 2016, they need a kick up the arse. Same goes for @albakos .

You ever read the home page on here? It’s like another world.

Like a front shop for all the seedy weirdness you find in the forum :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom