• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Imaging attacking our best manager ever while sucking off one of our worst managers ever. This fanbase is a disgrace.
You're sucking off Liam on the corner for a loosey. Pipe down, lad.

Speaking the truth is not attacking Wenger. Wenger was levels above Arteta and got farther with much less. Nobody is denying this.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We paid 70m for Pepe while Emery was here yet the club had no money.. Am I reading this right? So ****ing embarrassing. :facepalm:
You forgot this was paid in multiple payments? going over 5 years or something. Emery wanted Zaha, but that would’ve meant paying much more up front. This just proves my point further.

Emery said we have no money and must do loans. His quotes are there.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

You forgot this was paid in multiple payments? going over 5 years or something. Emery wanted Zaha, but that would’ve meant paying much more up front. This just proves my point further.

Emery said we have no money and must do loans. His quotes are there.
Which is it? Doing installment payments or doing loans? Almost every big transfer is paid in installments around Europe. This is nothing new and not evidence for a club lacking funds.

Sounds like Emery was frustrated that the club didn't have money for what he wanted rather than not having any money which you obviously disproved your own point here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Which is it? Doing installment payments or doing loans? Almost every big transfer is paid in installments around Europe. This is nothing new and not evidence for a club lacking funds.

Sounds like Emery was frustrated that the club didn't have money for what he wanted rather than not having any money which you obviously disproved your own point here.
The Pepe deal was going to be paid over a longer period than normal, because Raul had a relationship with the owner of Rennes. It was a favour.

Emery wanted Zaha and a top midfielder. I think we loaned Dani Cebellos. Zaha was not possible because we couldn’t pay upfront what Palace would’ve wanted.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I like Eddie, I’m happy Arteta kept him. One good season from Eddie and his value rockets. This is a win/win.

Great to see a positive GDeep ("GrinningDeep", so to speak) makes the forum a better place, imo.

Reactions: A_G

GDeep™

League is very weak
Great to see a positive GDeep ("GrinningDeep", so to speak) makes the forum a better place, imo.
I’m always positive. Don’t forget i wanted Arteta straight after Wenger left.

Sometimes you have to be real though and that shouldn’t be taken as negativity.

Either way, it’s all set up for next season, seems like Arteta will have everything he wants to get top 4.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

The Pepe deal was going to be paid over a longer period than normal, because Raul had a relationship with the owner of Rennes. It was a favour.

Emery wanted Zaha and a top midfielder. I think we loaned Dani Cebellos. Zaha was not possible because we couldn’t pay upfront what Palace would’ve wanted.
Last I recall it was because we had a valuation that we wouldn't go over (thankfully). We offered 40m. Palace didn't budge. Still had money to make that purchase if they agreed. Just because a negotiation fails doesn't mean we lack funding.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

11-14 Arteta was fine, especially in the 12-13 season could make an argument he was the best midfielder in the league, he certainly was stats wise. Toward the end of the 13-14 season he became an absolute liability tho.
Wtf Arteta was never one of best midfielders in the league, what Pl were you watching?

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I don’t buy the excuse that Emery didn’t want Pepe. If he was so against it he could have made that clear to the board and they would’ve listened. They won’t sign a player who the manager says no to.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Part of that 70m was paid for by selling Iwobi 40m...... Emery was not allowed to hoard talent like Arteta is right now.
:lol: You guys can't make up your mind. Is Arteta dumping all of our players for free or hoarding talent? The mental gymnastics here are something else.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom