• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm not a big Conte fan tbh but he's clearly a better manager than Arteta at this stage. Got the medals to back it up.

In terms of Arsenal though I wouldn't have wanted him here. He's not a manager to build a project or push youth. He's a here and now short term appointment.

Also a lot of the fans who don't like Arteta seem to quite frequently focus on his man management style / personality / pragmatic style of football etc. They'd all be issues under Conte too.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
If Arteta had Kane and Son he’d be challenging by now and he would’ve pissed all over conte last season. Conte got dominated by that stick insect tuchel at the weekend.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not a big Conte fan tbh but he's clearly a better manager than Arteta at this stage. Got the medals to back it up.

In terms of Arsenal though I wouldn't have wanted him here. He's not a manager to build a project or push youth. He's a here and now short term appointment.

Also a lot of the fans who don't like Arteta seem to quite frequently focus on his man management style / personality / pragmatic style of football etc. They'd all be issues under Conte too.

Look sexuals, your leader has just surrendered and conceded defeat. Hard fought guys, yous did well better luck next time, it was a good battle enjoyed it very much.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Going to be interesting seeing if Arteta can manage to rotate the squad across multiple competitions. Something he didn't really have to contend with last season

Blessing and a curse imo. Can keep players happier and overall squad more match for in case they need to deputise in PL/Later stages of EL

At the same time can stretch a squad once injuries hit.

Keeping ESR, Eddie and Saliba engaged and involved I see as his most important rotation challenges this season

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

This is an excellent point, and why the comparisons between Klopp and Arteta make more sense to me. Conte seems a more Mourinho type, come in, get stuff running at maximum capacity now and then **** off to the next job in 2-3 years.

Fantastic if you already have good players and want the most out of them, but not necessarily the guy to build a young, growing team around.

Looking at Wiki, Arteta has already been at Arsenal longer than Conte has been in any managerial job, which is interesting in itself.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If Arteta had Kane and Son he’d be challenging by now and he would’ve pissed all over conte last season. Conte got dominated by that stick insect tuchel at the weekend.
Arteta had Auba who actually outscored both Kane and Son from the moment he touched the PL up until some point in Mikel’s tenure. The guy was a golden boot winner, just like Son last season.

I wish you guys would stop acting like Kane + Son did Conte’s job for him.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Kane and son much better than any striker we fired last season. Contesexuals dragging AM discourse through the mud atm!

D

Deleted member 102404

Going to be interesting seeing if Arteta can manage to rotate the squad across multiple competitions. Something he didn't really have to contend with last season

Blessing and a curse imo. Can keep players happier and overall squad more match for in case they need to deputise in PL/Later stages of EL

At the same time can stretch a squad once injuries hit.

Keeping ESR, Eddie and Saliba engaged and involved I see as his most important rotation challenges this season
Yeah, definitely something you watch for. Not just the rotation but howArteta sets up… he’s made some odd decisions in the EL that have cost us.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Kane and Son have been in the Sp**s team for like 8 years now. They’ve played well with them and played poorly with them. They were both there when they finished out of CL places and were also there when Nuno got sacked.

Conte coming in and getting them playing the best football of their careers is him doing his job exceptionally well. How are you trying to take that away from him? :lol:

This is what I mean when I talk about the ridiculous excuses made for Mikel.

There's no need to make ridiculous excuses for Mikel, we didnt make top four last season and Conte's Sp**s' did. Conte won, end of story. Doesnt matter how he won, he won.

I get where the Conte rejection comes from by the way, and I agree with that thinking personally. I wont go into the details of my defense, rather sum it up and say that I back Arteta because of the football philsophy he brings to Arsenal. That is the direction I want the club to take, not the Conte direction.

We can debate whether Arteta or Conte is a better manager to death, but the real test is happening now. Both manager's have been backed, both manager's have had a full preseason, both manager's have their setups underway at the club. There will be no excuses come matchday 38, we'll know what's up.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

For me it's Klopp and Pep in number 1 and 2.

After them it's Tuchel and Conte.

After that f*ck knows. I definitely wonder what it would have been like if we did this exact same project with a different manager. Let's see if Utd answer that question.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Interesting it wasn’t just Klopp+Liverpool that took £400M to start competing for titles, City spent a similar amount too.

Not the most scientific measure but it does seem like ~400M spent well should give you a team that can win things.

There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be in the mix for “best of the rest” this season. Scraping fourth achieves a club objective and job security but I don’t think it’s good enough.

We’ve got to be looking at near 80 points, good football, deep cup runs etc. considering the time and investment put in.

D

Deleted member 102404

How would Arteta do if he had to deal with boycotts, plane banners and social media rants?

Discuss.
I do wonder how Mikel would cope if the fans turn against him in the stadium. Don’t think he’d last long TBH. He seems like a very emotional guy with deep lows and high highs.
Some of his inexperience came through in the documentary… like focusing a lot on what people would say in the media/social media etc.

• Goal
Reactions: A_G

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Weird how everyone is gnoshing off Conte, Kane, Son.... AKA our enemies.

Think Gdeep has infected you all with his love for that rabble. At least you all haven't started creaming over Clement Lenglet....Yet.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

How would Arteta do if he had to deal with boycotts, plane banners and social media rants?

Discuss.

All that is missing :lol:

Real talk though, I never would like to see Arteta subjected to that. The leadership should show balls and take the decision out of the fans hands if he falls short of targets that's all.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I think you have to read the audience mate, specifically the philosophy of football they follow.

Conte is a slightly worse version of peak Mourinho. A manager who is defensive minded first and foremost, and is looking to exploit opposition weakness and gain the advantage. The chief mode of attack is the counter attack, and tactical planning will be developed around looking for and exploiting those situations.

Arteta is more towards the Wenger philosophy. Control the ball, dictate the play and play according to set principles. That is why we went to Sp**s last season and we pressed from the front and played with a high line. Conte would never dream of doing that had he been our manager, going into that game, against that front three.

The Wenger philosophy is always "shakier" than the Mourinho philosophy, because it means you are forcing the issue and you are putting yourself out there. The Mourinho philosphy is safer and more dangerous because you are waiting for the mistake and then you capitalise on it.

All that said... I would STILL choose what Arteta is doing every single time. Why? Because that is what Arsenal is about, we want to dictate matters, we want to win with our style.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom