• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
But we have two blokes that dribble past players not even on the team sheet. He’s responsible. Even when Cedric was gassed he could have brought on bellerin or AMN. He brought on willock which offered nothing.

I get that he’s building something but he has his favourites and quite frankly some of them are ****.
Use all the tools at your disposal and get rid of in the summer. Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.

Who are the 2 lads who can dribble past anyone? I genuinely dont see anyone in the squad who can. If youre on about Pepe please dont start, the only thing consistent about him is that he loses the ball. Running apst people toward your own goal doesnt count.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arteta ****ed up with the lineup today. Nelson being semi-hurt kinda took that option away but to put Nketiah there was an insane decision, especially given the other two forward options were both Laca and Auba. What that was all about, I don't know.

The rest of the team was whatever IMO - can't be helped that much that Torreira and Saka both had pretty bad games and Cedric was very meh. The defenders I can't complain too much about, they weren't THAT bad, although Kolasinac's passing is absolutely abysmal. I wasn't asking for a full strength XI, but an XI that made sense would have sufficed just fine. This XI did not.

It takes are already slim hopes of qualifying for Europe through the league and kills them. But he must learn so it's whatever.

Manberg

Predator
It is precisely why we lost today because nketiah offered nothing on that wing. Cedric was putting in the crosses and nketiah wasn’t even in the box attempting to head in or kick one. We had no real with or movement and became predictable.

When he brought on Pepe we basically had a front 5. Where is the movement? No midfield. He was doing rubbish today.

Also his decision to continue using zonal marking had to be questioned. We are poor at it.

We had Lacazette in the middle. He’s a striker too. Pepe didn’t end up creating anything on the wing either. I would agree that we lack creative midfielders but we don’t have an AM in our squad (bar Özil), so I’m not sure you can blame Arteta for not using something we simply don’t have.

Kav

Established Member
Who are the 2 lads who can dribble past anyone? I genuinely dont see anyone in the squad who can. If youre on about Pepe please dont start, the only thing consistent about him is that he loses the ball. Running apst people toward your own goal doesnt count.

guendouzi and AMN. Mind you he apparently doesn’t like either.

Kav

Established Member
We had Lacazette in the middle. He’s a striker too. Pepe didn’t end up creating anything on the wing either. I would agree that we lack creative midfielders but we don’t have an AM in our squad (bar Özil), so I’m not sure you can blame Arteta for not using something we simply don’t have.
Lacazette was dropping deep to connect the attack and midfield he was often not in a position to be the spearhead of the team. Nketiah was supposed to take up the space lacazette left behind but he was poor today. In fact he has not had a good game since January in my opinion. However he runs around and Arteta likes that.

Pepe didn’t have much space in front as villa had played every man behind the ball He kept cutting in. My problem was Arteta’s formation removed our midfield by playing those 3 strikers and when he brought on Pepe and Tierney we had no midfield by which we could play between the lines. The passing became predictable Side ways and back and thus easily defended with a compression block around their penalty.

It was so obvious our play.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Arteta ****ed up with the lineup today. Nelson being semi-hurt kinda took that option away but to put Nketiah there was an insane decision, especially given the other two forward options were both Laca and Auba. What that was all about, I don't know.

The rest of the team was whatever IMO - can't be helped that much that Torreira and Saka both had pretty bad games and Cedric was very meh. The defenders I can't complain too much about, they weren't THAT bad, although Kolasinac's passing is absolutely abysmal. I wasn't asking for a full strength XI, but an XI that made sense would have sufficed just fine. This XI did not.

It takes are already slim hopes of qualifying for Europe through the league and kills them. But he must learn so it's whatever.
Why couldn't he be brave and use Coyle on the RW instead.

Kav

Established Member
Come on man Doozy can't dribble. Well he can but only when he's going on about his wages.
He’s no Cazorla or saint maximin but I’ve seen him beat a man in the center of the park and force others to step to him. Which is what we needed.

we needed a ball carrier or dribbler in the center of the park and our players were at least 8 meters apart from each other today. Too far.

What annoys me the most is that with all those strikers on the field we didn’t take many shots at their goal. We literally had 1 shot in the second half.

9jagooner

But we have two blokes that dribble past players not even on the team sheet. He’s responsible. Even when Cedric was gassed he could have brought on bellerin or AMN. He brought on willock which offered nothing.

I get that he’s building something but he has his favourites and quite frankly some of them are ****.
Use all the tools at your disposal and get rid of in the summer. Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.
Who are these players?

Manberg

Predator
Lacazette was dropping deep to connect the attack and midfield he was often not in a position to be the spearhead of the team. Nketiah was supposed to take up the space lacazette left behind but he was poor today. In fact he has not had a good game since January in my opinion. However he runs around and Arteta likes that.

Pepe didn’t have much space in front as villa had played every man behind the ball He kept cutting in. My problem was Arteta’s formation removed our midfield by playing those 3 strikers and when he brought on Pepe and Tierney we had no midfield by which we could play between the lines. The passing became predictable Side ways and back and thus easily defended with a compression block around their penalty.

It was so obvious our play.

Nketiah in the first half had less space than Pepe. Villa played 4-1-4-1 to shut down the width. But there’s not much to do about the midfield within the confines of the squad that we have (without Özil). He has to play to our strengths. Our strength is not creativity in midfield, it’s our forwards.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I've been thinking this for awhile but I wasn't brave enough to say but f**k it. I low-key think Emery deserves some slack. His constant tinkering and changing was actually hiding just unbalanced this squad was. We finished 5th and got to a Europa final with these bums.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
guendouzi and AMN. Mind you he apparently doesn’t like either.

Like I've seen AMN can beat a man sometimes but I wouldn't use him to progress ball from the defence to the attack, not sure if he could've done worse than Torreria though so maybe you have a point. If Gendouzhi was happy to listen to a manager, I could see him and Ceballos playing farther forward and using Xhaka as the pivot but if Gendouzhi cant listen to the manager sp he'd be a massive liability.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
This loss is all on Arteta. Completely wrong setup.

Like tbf to him, it seems like he cant rest a player or we lose. He made the mistake of trying not to run his players in to the ground. Hes between a rock and a hard place with every match.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Like tbf to him, it seems like he cant rest a player or we lose. He made the mistake of trying not to run his players in to the ground. Hes between a rock and a hard place with every match.

Front 3 should’ve been Saka, Eddie and AMN. Let Laca and Auba rest. Bring them on in the 60th minute if we were still chasing the game.
Also should’ve gone with 4231 and had Özil play CAM. I know he has issues with him but **** it, our squad is too thin to be intentionally leaving players out.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom