• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

HattoriHanzo

The EL is a loser competition tbh. You take it seriously if you're Villareal or Sp**s level.

It's not even got the prestige that the Uefa Cup had, the CL just totally dwarves it.

I would have been happy for us to go out when we did, if it had been kids and squaddies playing. The total aim last season should have been on winning the PL title. The Saliba injury played a decent part in our downfall in the PL.

Wasn't worth the risk for a very secondary trophy.
Since we never won CL, we shouldn't belitte EL trophy.
This is my opinion.

Artemis

Since we never won CL, we shouldn't belitte EL trophy.
This is my opinion.
I completely agree. @Riou made the same good point as well.

I desperately want a European trophy including the EL. Being knocked out by Emery's Villarreal in the EL a couple of years ago was absolutely disgusting. That was the lowest point of Arteta's career at Arsenal in my opinion. I was honestly disgusted with that.

It was that point onwards where I started asking serious questions of Arteta. Because we had a better side than Villarreal. Under Emery, that would never happen. Everyone knows that.

Now, let's suppose Arteta really DID want to beat Sporting Lisbon last year...that looks absolutely TERRIBLE. Don't you agree? Because he failed. Even though we had a far superior team.

So I'm giving the most generous interpretation of events as possible to Arteta which is that he prioritised the PL and didn't take the EL too seriously.

That version of events would excuse the EL elimination. But it wouldn't excuse playing Saliba. So something has to give.

That's all I meant.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The EL is a loser competition tbh. You take it seriously if you're Villareal or Sp**s level.

It's not even got the prestige that the Uefa Cup had, the CL just totally dwarves it.

I would have been happy for us to go out when we did, if it had been kids and squaddies playing. The total aim last season should have been on winning the PL title. The Saliba injury played a decent part in our downfall in the PL.

Wasn't worth the risk for a very secondary trophy.

We’re at a different stage at the moment as we’re in the CL, so it won’t really be that relevant to us right now but had our CL qualification not been secured similar to the predicament we were in a few years back then I definitely wouldn’t turn my nose at the Europa League.

Of course everyone has different views and opinions but a trophy is a trophy for me as for me it breeds a winning mentality plus it’s something for the fanbase to celebrate come the end of the season. Nobody wants to play dead rubber games come May.

As harsh as it may sound, back in 2019 when we lost the Europa League final to Chelsea that was the moment I completely lost faith in Unai whereas many others on here still had patience in what he was doing. That final meant a lot to me at the time as our European record as a club has been pretty mediocre then add in the fact we collapsed in the PL and lost to a London club in that final which all in all was a bit too much for me but I do see where others are coming from about the weight the trophy holds in the wider picture.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Mad Max Reaction GIF

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Also Rio Ferdinand and Stephen Howson on the same podcast, ffs...who on God's green earth would want to listen to that?

Would be like if myself and @Farzad Stoned started a podcast, an absolute dumpster fire...would rather have someone slowly cut off my ears individually.

PS...Farzad you are the tubby Howson of our podcast, just so we are clear 👍

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Also Rio Ferdinand and Stephen Howsen on the same podcast, ffs...who on God's green earth would want to listen to that?

Would be like if myself and @Farzad Stoned started a podcast, an absolute dumpster fire...would rather have someone slowly cut off my ears individually.

PS...Farzad you are the tubby Howsen of our podcast, just so we are clear 👍
I have no idea who that guy is bro

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Better chance of Tom Holland leaving Zendaya for Leslie Uggams.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
To be fair to him, that was said on his YouTube channel...he can say whatever he wants on it, it's basically a fan channel you can have a laugh there.

Why are TNT tweeting about it, ffs...

...makes it sound like he has seriously said that as part of some actual analysis, honestly BT/TNT need to **** off as a channel woeful so called "professional" station.

Top Bottom