• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

All the rumours seem to be about him wanting a midfielder and 2 CB's, I hope he keeps going on about it until he gets them (well quality ones, not the **** we've been signing these past few years), we've taken shortcuts at CB for so long and we need a decent midfielder in there. It's time to stop neglecting such key areas and do what needs to be done and I hope we can get at least a CB in January.

I knew it'd be the area he'd look at the first, you're not going anywhere with our options in those positions even if other areas need improving. Imagine thinking signing the likes of Mustafi, Sokratis and Luiz would be sufficient for a club like Arsenal. You can tell Arteta is a serious coach by wanting to address this straight away.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
No one wants to see flicks all the time on a match day. But at the same time it shouldn't be such a shock to people to see players practice it in training. After all, it is better they tried it in training and only occasionally used it in matches. It hasn't become obsolete as some think, it can be a very useful weapon to get past resolute defending.

I do agree though that we should go back to basics. Our team has completely forgotten to apply the basics for a few months now. Starting with the most basic of all, at least matching the work rate and intensity of our opponent. At this point in time we should concentrate on the simple things, like trying to correctly execute a pass to a team mate and not lose possession every few seconds before trying the fancy tricks.
You are completely wrong. Anyone who is against entertaining football here can go support mourinho or Benitez or Tony pulis.

Chaoz_Enigma

You are definitely AM’s greatest generation...

Rzut.gif

Also @pigge ;)
damn.... we are old....are we going to be like loserpool fans?
member the good ol days that we used to win the premier league?

well at least we have trophies histories unlike our neighbour...

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
You are completely wrong. Anyone who is against entertaining football here can go support mourinho or Benitez or Tony pulis.

I said no one wants to see flicks all the time. You would end up losing the ball all the time and killed on the counter.

And how you managed to equate no flicks all the time to being against entertaining football is impressive too. Besides I even posted a video of our brilliant team goal vs Fulham from last season to actually point out that flicks and backheels can be very useful.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I said no one wants to see flicks all the time. You would end up losing the ball all the time and killed on the counter.

And how you managed to equate no flicks all the time to being against entertaining football is impressive too. Besides I even posted a video of our brilliant team goal vs Fulham from last season to actually point out that flicks and backheels can be very useful.
When I was younger and saw Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo play, they do it all the time without losing the ball.
Same with Pires, Henry, Bergkamp.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Football requires flair, I love seeing flicks and tricks. But we have serious foundational issues that need to be worked on.

However in saying that I hope Arteta doesn't totally omit these things. Although Man City are easy on the eye, I've always found Wengeresuqe team goals better than Citys, partly because Wenger allowed for player improvisation, still want to see that bit of induvidual magic! (once we achieve the basics first).

We were really spoilt under wenger weren't we! lol

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Football requires flair, I love seeing flicks and tricks. But we have serious foundational issues that need to be worked on.

However in saying that I hope Arteta doesn't totally omit these things. Although Man City are easy on the eye, I've always found Wengeresuqe team goals better than Citys, partly because Wenger allowed for player improvisation, still want to see that bit of induvidual magic! (once we achieve the basics first).

Wenger wasn’t good on tactics, he gave freedom for his players improvise, which made us scoring some surprising goals from time to time.

But the downside of this is that the players would need time to locate teammate for making passes, and need time to make decision based on the situation they are facing on the pitch. And when these time accumulated, we are not maximising the use of space and time when we are attacking.

In the modern era, teams are defending with less space available, and players are instructed with detailed instructions on their positioning and movement, so they require less time and create more space for themselves to progress the ball up the pitch.

Because of this we couldn’t keep up with modern tactics. If Guardiola was the manager of our 07-08 side, we would have won the league.

That’s why in contrast to wenger’s tactical free approach, I always emphasise on having a modern head coach. With a detailed tactics that every single moves and position of players are well planned. And use video and data analysis to make tweaks and adjustment on the planned instructions based on opponent and our players strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sorry if your not moving in a rondo then you definitely aren't moving in an actual game. Arsenal central midfielders point to where they want their centre backs to pass the ball. Between each other. Rather than creating angles, moving into space. Our midfielders just stand there and shuffle across. Its pathetic. Not only that. When they do receive the ball, their body shape is wrong leading to a first time pass back to the defence piling on the pressure.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I think you're right. Wenger's team goals tend to be better than Pep's team goals.

Even under Emery, our team goals last were out of this world.
It's a shame that Puskas award doesn't really reward team goals. They tend to focus on individual goals.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
All the rumours seem to be about him wanting a midfielder and 2 CB's, I hope he keeps going on about it until he gets them (well quality ones, not the **** we've been signing these past few years), we've taken shortcuts at CB for so long and we need a decent midfielder in there. It's time to stop neglecting such key areas and do what needs to be done and I hope we can get at least a CB in January.

I knew it'd be the area he'd look at the first, you're not going anywhere with our options in those positions even if other areas need improving. Imagine thinking signing the likes of Mustafi, Sokratis and Luiz would be sufficient for a club like Arsenal. You can tell Arteta is a serious coach by wanting to address this straight away.

In terms of transfers:

In:

Gouiri, Reinier Jesus, Chukwueze, Szoboszlai, Aouar, Ndidi, Tonali, Upamecano, Saliba, Bellanova, Plizzari

Out:

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah, Mkhitaryan, Özil, Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi, Mavropanos, Luiz, Martinez

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Sorry if your not moving in a rondo then you definitely aren't moving in an actual game. Arsenal central midfielders point to where they want their centre backs to pass the ball. Between each other. Rather than creating angles, moving into space. Our midfielders just stand there and shuffle across. Its pathetic. Not only that. When they do receive the ball, their body shape is wrong leading to a first time pass back to the defence piling on the pressure.
Jep I often see them pass to Xhaka and he’s facing them meaning he has no clue what’s going on behind him so he will either lose the ball or pass it back. Pathetic.

Kysus

Sooooooooo exicted.
Arteta, character, integrity, confidence, passion, tactical genius, soul.
Arsenal gonna be great again.

Been here for more than 10 years now. Should get it for being here longer than anyone whos here now.
Am i the longest serving member active?

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom