• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

HattoriHanzo

Personally i think if arteta has reached his ceiling with this team -which according to you in number 2 then we should move on and hire a manager who will take us to the next step which is winning the league
And who is this manager who is available and who would come to Arsenal this summer?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arteta put us in a position to do that. Trossard decided not to square the ball to an open player. We were set up perfectly for that smash and grab. The narrative that we defended for our lives is wrong, City had 4 touches in our box and a bunch of toothless, frustrated possession that they did nothing with. Nobody goes to the Etihad trying to outplay them and wins. Had we been able to do what we did at the Etihad this season against them in that fixture last season, we'd have won the league. It's crazy to me that so many on here want to beat the manager and the team up for likely just coming up short against a team that has been cheating for over a decade, has the best manager in the world, damn near 2 starting XIs and has spent just as much as we have the last 2 summers.

100% agree with this. We were a lot more equipped to go there this season and had we been a bit more brave, I think we would have left there with 3 points just like we did at The Emirates.

Psychologically it would have really tested their mettle had we beat them twice especially with the second time coming in the business end of the season. That’s why I think it’s a bit difficult to just narrow it down to one fixture and call it a “bottle job” like that other poster was doing. We had opportunities throughout the season but we go again next season, I’m pretty confident that they can win it.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
And who is this manager who is available and who would come to Arsenal this summer?
There isn't anyone and he knows it. By his logic, every manager in England should have been sacked for not finishing above Pep despite the fact that Pep always has the best squad every year and other than Chelsea and occasionally United, always outspends everyone else to maintain that edge. Klopp is the only manager who has actually finished above him in 7 years in a one off season where City drastically underperformed but Arteta is a failure for not being able to beat City with the 3rd youngest team in the league and a team that if it won the league would be 2-3 years younger on average than most every title winner in the last 20 years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Thought Arteta got it spot on for City away, if Trossard doesn't **** up the chance to pass to Martinelli then we get a deserved and disciplined 1-0 win...not much more Mikel could have done that day.

On the "what happens if we also finish trophyless next season" front, it's hard to say.

If we play as well the last two seasons, plus how I believe we will play next season...added to how much we will have spent the last 3 years, to finish with no silverware in that time (bar one minor Shield) will be pretty hard to take...it could be argued that Mikel maybe isn't "that guy" to get us over the line, and it's time to give someone else a shot.

But equally he's also the literally heart of the club right now, the board back him 100%...and while I find the way the players speak about him a little over the top and forced at times, I also believe that all of them are fully behind him as their manager...moving him on could cause big issues too.

I think we will have at least one league title by the end of next season anyway, so it's moot for me.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
At the same time Ange his first season in the PL takes over Sp**s who finished 8th. Then loses Kane and is about to finish 5th with more goals and points and maybe even less goals conceded. And some people are calling him fraud

Give most managers the time and backing Arteta got and they will do as well
Think Ange is getting it because he started out like a house on 🔥 & fell off a lot as people worked out his tactics.

But let's be honest many football fans are whiny little Bs too eager to shout sack the manager after a run of poor results, you really should know that as well as anybody😜.

'Give most managers the time and backing Arteta got & they will do as well'

Not sure that's true at all.

I honestly don't think most managers would assemble a young team that could put together back to back 80+ point seasons in the prem & seriously challenge the best team on the planet.

Look what was needed In other eras before nation states & oligarchs bought/corrupted the prem league.

Arsenals last 3 title winning sides
won the league with 78 points,
87 points but importantly (81 would have been enough)
& The Great Invincibles got 90 points (but 80 would have been enough to win it that year)

So that was what was needed to win then for a recognised great like Arsène.

Note: 81 points wins 3 titles

Unfortunately for us you need more nowadays against this freakish Man City juggernaut.

Yet you are seriously saying that most managers could do what Arteta has done & get back to back 80+ point seasons given time & resources 🤔😁

Last edited:

ragnarock

I’m not strictly an Arteta-out guy but it would be very interesting to hear the reasoning behind shutting out Ramsdale, ESR, Tierney, Nelson amongst others and, seemingly, shutting the door on Hale End.

My guess is he wants silverware asap and it might be costly to the club medium/long term.

My number one pet peeve is loosing academy players due to short term success.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I’m not strictly an Arteta-out guy but it would be very interesting to hear the reasoning behind shutting out Ramsdale, ESR, Tierney, Nelson amongst others and, seemingly, shutting the door on Hale End.

My guess is he wants silverware asap and it might be costly to the club medium/long term.

All players you mentioned aren’t good enough. If hale end talent is good enough it’ll come in. That simple. Why would we start someone for the sake of it?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

So you are happy with using the academy more & challenging for top 4?

You honestly think the players mentioned are good enough to take a title from Man City?
Arteta doesn't & that's the level we are aspiring to be.

I'm all for academy players but the levels needed are just far higher nowadays.
We had being in a top 4 fight for the best part of 20 years using more academy players.

How many have gone on to prove they were top level?

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
when you look back at it... even if the Bayern result turned in our favour we still had to beat Madrid.

Frustrating, this season, more even than last, should have ended with silverware.

The Villa game, that second half...

We all still trust, we all still believe. We just need some sort of culmination next season. Time will tell.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Don't mind winning ugly, but we made that way hard than we needed to.

Think he took way to long to sub Partey off.

Onto Liverpool winning against Villa so that Tottenham have something to play for.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He played the same 11 which is good. I don't think he setup this way, our midfielders were never on it today. Still got the 3 points.

More wins than invincibles now, can't complain.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

I'm happy with him just for doing the double over utd. How many years I have waited for this?! Hate those scums

EDIT: just checked it. It's been 17 years. Hopefully this ends the voodoo in their ground.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
First league win at Old Trafford since 2006, both without fans and with fans, have been under Arteta.

First win in the league v City since 2015, under Mikel (also beat them on route to winning the cup in 2020)

First win in the league v Klopp's Liverpool, unbeaten against them 2 seasons in a row too.

And first ever Arsenal manager to win back to back away games v Sp**s in the Prem era, this especially will annoy plenty on here considering how some of you love those ****s.

Made us a proper team in the big games again, really good manager :applause:

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Remember how other team fans, some AMers, pundits like Neville and Carra saying we will fall off this season after our season and we only did well last season because other teams had an off season?

We have gone and improved on that now with 1 more point with a game to go. The process keeps on improving.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Saka has been run into the ground and Martinelli’s confidence is shot. Jesus can’t be relied on to produce goals. He has been so bad he makes Kai look the better striker option. We need more goals next season and more creativity in midfield; the transfers have to address this. Yes we piled on 5 goals onto weakened sides a bunch this season. But in big games we rarely create near enough. We nullify the other side well enough; we just don’t create enough chances if Ode is having an off day

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Top Bottom