• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Nope 6th.

My brain remembered them being a lot worse, but you're right.

Never the less, league position doesn't really mean much in regards to chances in cups...Liverpool finished 5th, then won the Champions League in 2005.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think promoting 20 people to trusted status, most of who had done nothing to earn such status on here was the beginning of the end. 20 people trusted status, that's more than 30% of active users who are now just chatting and orgying on the trusted status forum! A good step would to be demoting the whole of last year intake and then just promote 1 male and 1 female every year.

Another reason could be people giving up on Arsenal. But if you can't support them at their worst. You don't deserve them at the best. Think the famous Arsenal fan Marilyn Monroe once said about the club!

I try my best but by the look of people constantly calling me an animal abuser and the whole trusted gang laughing at it every time I don't feel my opinions are needed on here anymore! I try to go more to the mall and chat with people there these days.
I was (pleasantly) surprised to get trusted status but I still post as much nonsense as I can on the main forum so no hiding away from me. I like to inflict my thoughts on as many people as possible :lol:Arteta gave me hope then kind of killed it off. I've never known an Arsenal manager and team engulfed in such ambivalence. Only our youth players are loved and the fear of them being sidelined for old rejects when we were promised a long term vision is soul destroying. I can't deny that when Wenger left he took a lot of love and intangible stuff with him. There's a big piece missing that can't be filled by just any old bod. I started supporting Arsenal when they hadn't won anything since before I was born so I know I'm not a glory hunter. I looked at our history from the mid sixties and there was always a player or manager who connected the fans. The Hill-Wood family and other custodians also loved the club. All these things make a difference. The reality too is that we lost future generations of fans with dull football and substandard players. The club needs a shake from top to bottom. Chin up mate.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yes, our squad is **** for the most part. Nearly half these players will be gone in a year’s time.
You do know there’s no magical players that are gonna come in and save your manager right?

The club will keep churning out players until they realise this.

Reactions: Kav

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I look at players like Pepe and Martinelli and think why aren't they getting more game time because to my outside eyes it does look like they deserve more game time than they're getting.

The problem is we don't have the full picture. It's possible they're not training great, don't have the best attitude, in Martinelli's case maybe there are still some physical / psychological issues from his injury.

It'll never happen but I wish we as fans could get a more in depth behind the scenes look at what goes on in training etc. I bet a lot of our opinions on players would change both in a positive and negative manner with access to that sort of information.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
My brain remembered them being a lot worse, but you're right.

Never the less, league position doesn't really mean much in regards to chances in cups...Liverpool finished 5th, then won the Champions League in 2005.

It does matter but. People say to win the league you need to have to be in the top 3 of spend or squad worth or something.

If the stats show that over the last I dont know 10-20 years that no team has won the EL who has finished worth than say 6th in their respective then that is a clear indicator that it is unlikely.

I'm not saying we won't win it or it isn't possible. I'm just saying that maybe to get through say 2 legs against United, then maybe 2 legs against a Roma, then a final against Sp**s we need to be notably better than what we are now. 1 off game we can beat anyone. But over 5/6 consistent games we seem to lack something. The league proves it.

Iceman10

Established Member
It’s interesting reading how the realisation Arsenal cannot fund the purchase of new / top players to meet the expectations desired has caved fans into looking at getting the best of what is here and the youth players.

The way we played this season has been what it is and no need to educate anyone on it. However the sentiments have gradually developed into complete questioning of just about everything about the manager. If you don’t like it , you will always see reason to justify your position by picking on just about anything worthy of demonstrating it. Even after a good results some avoid the forum or make tame comments like they are being forced to congratulate the team. These lot are employees for the club and we are fans. I read some even wishing we lose today to see what Arteta backers would say. It’s a sad state of affairs.

I read above ESR was given a chance and so can the rest. However why are we not accepting Willock , Nelson , Niles were all given these chances. At the very top level with the kind of demand on here no one would take defeats or bad results because the manager is trying to play young players into form. This is Arsenal and you take your chance when it comes. ESR did. Saka too and many more would. This is not only at Arsenal. Every club in the country has players like Martinelli etc on the bench pushing to come in. Or maybe just not fully into the manager’s plan. This is normal. Even under Arsène. He was vilified for even over relying on the youths.

We had a poor start to the season. We are improving as a team. It may not be what we wanted for the season but this is what it is. I hope we improve and end the season on a high. However in the process I remain objective and not completely sidetracked by my disgust for the manager and always looking for things to say to discredit him.

If we beat Spuds I imagine things will loosen up in here for a few days because we sit well for the second leg against Olympiakos, pretty unlikely Olympiakos can score three goals at the Emirates. Rest assured on that but if we lose the reaction in here won’t be out of order really based on being in 10th place and having lost both PL NLD’s this season. I have seen a narrative creeping in over the last week from some in here that Mikel is safe regardless of results for the rest of the season. That may or may not be true but I don’t really want Mikel operating under such an assumption. It is best if he feels some heat.

Finesse

I look at players like Pepe and Martinelli and think why aren't they getting more game time because to my outside eyes it does look like they deserve more game time than they're getting.

The problem is we don't have the full picture. It's possible they're not training great, don't have the best attitude, in Martinelli's case maybe there are still some physical / psychological issues from his injury.

It'll never happen but I wish we as fans could get a more in depth behind the scenes look at what goes on in training etc. I bet a lot of our opinions on players would change both in a positive and negative manner with access to that sort of information.
Add the Manager’s formation and tactical approach to that and how these players fit into it. Drills in training , data from games and technical team decisions. If Pepe and Martinelli were in the 11 consistently, they will be keeping our Saka and someone else.

What is wrong with competition? The slightest one we had in the goalkeepers zone resulted in a sale of one and the acquisition of a rookie who nearly cost us. Meanwhile the top clubs we want to be on the top with have healthy competition and pushing fringe players to fight to get into the team.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If we beat Spuds I imagine things will loosen up in here for a few days because we sit well for the second leg against Olympiakos, pretty unlikely Olympiakos can score three goals at the Emirates. Rest assured on that but if we lose the reaction in here won’t be out of order really based on being in 10th place and having lost both PL NLD’s this season. I have seen a narrative creeping in over the last week from some in here that Mikel is safe regardless of results for the rest of the season. That may or may not be true but I don’t really want Mikel operating under such an assumption. It is best if he feels some heat.

The only people banging that narrative is the ones who don't want to admit they were wrong about him.

I think most level headed Arsenal fans can see he isn't achieving what he should with the team and is underperforming.

The only way this season is rescued and the only way Mikel should be getting more time is by finishing in the EL places in the league or winning the EL.

Any other manager that would have us in this position would be getting slated.

Mikel keeps saying that until he has better players he can't do what he wants. In his interview yesterday he said you have to look at what the top teams in the league are doing to win leagues.

However he is conveniently ignoring that there are maybe 3/4 teams above us who are not spending like we are or who don't have the same resources as us. He focuses on extremes. Which isn't what fans are asking. We aren't asking to win the league. We are only asking to be in and around 4th-6th. to which he completely ignores it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

It’s pretty simple really. When it seems like you’re investing too much time moaning about the use or lack of match time a few fringe players are getting, to the point of being pretty irrational about it, then the real problem lies elsewhere.

say yes

forum master baiter
Think some are overestimating the quality of teams left in the Europa League.

They're much of a muchness. Good /decent sides but beatable, like us. A fairly kind run of draws and we've got as good a chance as anyone of winning it I feel.
Yeah it's a pretty even playing field.

e.g. 538 now make us joint-favourites with United, but we only have an 18% chance of actually winning: UEFA Europa League Predictions

United will become outright favourites again if they beat Milan I think. But there are 7 competitive clubs - Us, United, Sp**s, Milan, Roma, Ajax, and Villareal.

I was (pleasantly) surprised to get trusted status but I still post as much nonsense as I can on the main forum so no hiding away from me. I like to inflict my thoughts on as many people as possible :lol:Arteta gave me hope then kind of killed it off. I've never known an Arsenal manager and team engulfed in such ambivalence. Only our youth players are loved and the fear of them being sidelined for old rejects when we were promised a long term vision is soul destroying. I can't deny that when Wenger left he took a lot of love and intangible stuff with him. There's a big piece missing that can't be filled by just any old bod. I started supporting Arsenal when they hadn't won anything since before I was born so I know I'm not a glory hunter. I looked at our history from the mid sixties and there was always a player or manager who connected the fans. The Hill-Wood family and other custodians also loved the club. All these things make a difference. The reality too is that we lost future generations of fans with dull football and substandard players. The club needs a shake from top to bottom. Chin up mate.

I read somewhere that Manchester United is also struggling to get young people on the field.

I think football as a whole is becoming dull and boring. Esports will take over. Most of them are more fun to watch than football these days like chess, league of legends which are my preferences, and then there is data, counter strike, and overwatch. So many games that are faster and more intense than football. A lot more excitement and these games have a structure and set of rule that is almost impossible to break or cheat on. So no controversial refereeing.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
So you admit he needs saving!

Small progress I guess. 🙂
It was a straw man post. But no, he doesnt need saving. He needs support. There are definitely players available that will make us better. Expect a lot more squad turnover. Culture change continues.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I know as much as you obviously, but watching the way we play I just think Saka and Willian's ability to cross with either foot is why they might be preferred.

Whilst Pepe and Martinelli are bigger goal threats, neither have the variety of crosses that Willian has. Arteta has been very complimentary of Pepe even though it contradicts his minutes. Martinelli according to Arteta lifted the place when he returned to training. I doubt they are training incorrectly.

As for the behind the scenes training, I wouldn't be surprised to see it monetised and made available to the fanbase in the very near future. Of course controlled and holding back the more intricate stuff.

say yes

forum master baiter
Too many Jackie Weavers on this forum IMO.

Win or lose today, my point will be the same.

Read-them.png

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I know as much as you obviously, but watching the way we play I just think Saka and Willian's ability to cross with either foot is why they might be preferred.

Whilst Pepe and Martinelli are bigger goal threats, neither have the variety of crosses that Willian has. Arteta has been very complimentary of Pepe even though it contradicts his minutes. Martinelli according to Arteta lifted the place when he returned to training. I doubt they are training incorrectly.

As for the behind the scenes training, I wouldn't be surprised to see it monetised and made available to the fanbase in the very near future. Of course controlled and holding back the more intricate stuff.
My personal take is Martinelli is being trained for CF. Depth, learning curves, etc. Not sure what that means for Balogun.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
My personal take is Martinelli is being trained for CF. Depth, learning curves, etc. Not sure what that means for Balogun.
Balogun is gone in the summer. He hasn't committed which means Mikel isn't going to even look at him. And rightly so. A 19 year old who has achieved nothing in football running his mouth and acting like he's the next Mbappe.

He could be a top player but top players aren't afraid to prove themselves and develop first. His impatience and want for more money could be his downfall. We've seen it many times in football.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saliba and Guendouzi shipped out. Nelson and Nketiah dropped to the u23s. Willock sent on loan. Balogun being allowed to leave on a free, Martinelli now not even making the squad. ESR pushed out wide to make room for a loanee. :shivering:

These are meant to be the future ffs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom