• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Tricky Micky is in a tricky spot right now.

Does he play Aubameyang and hope he finds form before the QF in EL?

Or is it time to admit to Tim Lewis that he and Edu got it horribly wrong given him 350k per week last summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mikel for love of Allah stop try make us look man city with the over thinking play to your team strength

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Without that bizarre starting line-up, he might’ve won today. Seriously, Auba on the RW?
Form what I could tell it seemed to be part of the game plan of sitting back and hitting them on the counter, then after they slowed down we'd play more our style and have them switch sides. Didn't go quite to plan. Defending wasn't as good as it should've been and we conceded to many.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Form what I could tell it seemed to be part of the game plan of sitting back and hitting them on the counter, then after they slowed down we'd play more our style and have them switch sides. Didn't go quite to plan. Defending wasn't as good as it should've been and we conceded to many.
Why did Auba and Saka start on opposite sides then switch after it went 2-0?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Poor stuff from Mikel today, players were not prepared at all and were shocking in the first 15-20 min, and as noted that Auba RW Saka LW thing was clearly overthinking it / bad tactics.

Frustrating, we needed 3 pts from this game, time is running out to move up the table and put together a string of results, this was a brilliant chance against a team we should be beating and we made a mess of it.

Iceman10

Established Member
I understood starting Auba in the EL tie to try to get him on the scoresheet to put the disciplinary stuff behind everyone, but starting Auba with Laca for this one was wrong and was too deferential to Auba. I don’t know if there was a slight fitness issue with ESR, but there were a number of options possible instead of starting Auba for LW.

al-Ustaadh

Why did Auba and Saka start on opposite sides then switch after it went 2-0?
Like I said, it seems to me to have been part of the game plan with West Ham tiring out. When they got their third they were clearly on the decline urgency-wise and we took over. It seemed to be a counter attack tactic. Lacazette drops, Auba and and Saka are in on their strong foot down the wings. Defense didn't do it's job today for once. A rarity during Arteta's tenure. Made the switch after he clearly wasn't expecting us to concede the ways we did.

al-Ustaadh

Today was part of Arteta's learning curves. Credit where it's due to comeback after 3-0 down. Should've won this match though.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Can't even give him any credit for salvaging a result because he helped contribute to the mess we were in.

Well this game was a bit of a microcosm of our season.

Terrible first half, and we looked good in the 2nd half but when you're 3 down you're always punching against a heavy stream.

Thrown in were some bizarre decisions and it's almost a beat by beat play of what's happened since September.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Needs to stop constantly rotating the team. Still don't think he could name his best team if he was asked. Different mentality/tempos for each game is a problem as well.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Like I said, it seems to me to have been part of the game plan with West Ham tiring out. When they got their third they were clearly on the decline urgency-wise and we took over. It seemed to be a counter attack tactic. Lacazette drops, Auba and and Saka are in on their strong foot down the wings. Defense didn't do it's job today for once. A rarity during Arteta's tenure. Made the switch after he clearly wasn't expecting us to concede the ways we did.
Interesting point there. It would've worked if our team didn't take a nap for that free kick (technically). Still, West Ham should've scored 2 more for themselves bringing their total to 7 goals. We arguably should've scored 2 or 3 more than we did (1). We still got outplayed, imo.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Why on Earth would you play Mari over Gabriel when you know they’re up against Antonio?
7c0147e61ce8b99d394959b904154d51.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Maybe Gabriel is in the "red zone", maybe being careful after his Covid and he has played a lot recently.

Top Bottom