Mikel Arteta: Blinded By The Lights

What does Mikel need to do to keep his job in your opinion?

• Total voters

Preacher

Always Crying
Chelsea fans laughed at us for signing Willian on 3 years deal and they have watched him day in, day out. Enough said. It was, is and will be terrible deal.

Trilly

Full-Time Respecter Of Women
Trusted ✔️
Nah we don't, I don't care for big signings, I want to see us use what we've got this year. We can still get a few signings from any sales.
Can never have too much money!

EL group stages is also very useful for developing youth.

OnlyOne

Who Mods the Mods?
Trusted ✔️
Stop being silly you silly silly lad.

I'm not, Europa League is a burden we don't need, we should be able to afford our targets without it and with with player sales. Go full focus on the league with the Hale End boys, make them superstars.

Kind regards,

Trilly

Trusted ✔️
I'm not, Europa League is a burden we don't need, we should be able to afford our targets without it and with with player sales. Go full focus on the league with the Hale End boys, make them superstars.

Kind regards,
Dear OnlyOne,

While I do respect your assessment I must vehemently disagree. European football, particularly the group stages provides much needed game time for the young prospects who may not necessarily be ready for the PL.

In terms of finances, a successful Europa league run can earn the club around 40m in terms of gate receipts and prize money, an amount I’m sure you can appreciate is far from immaterial. I strongly recommend you reconsider your views on this matter or man shall be forced to run up in your yard with the big hand ting.

Best wishes,

OnlyOne

Who Mods the Mods?
Trusted ✔️
Dear OnlyOne,

While I do respect your assessment I must vehemently disagree. European football, particularly the group stages provides much needed game time for the young prospects who may not necessarily be ready for the PL.

In terms of finances, a successful Europa league run can earn the club around 40m in terms of gate receipts and prize money, an amount I’m sure you can appreciate is far from immaterial. I strongly recommend you reconsider your views on this matter or man shall be forced to run up in your yard with the big hand ting.

Best wishes,

Can't agree with any of this. Think we finish 8th anyway regardless of opinion and I am excited for the prospect of just being in the league.

Regards,

Trilly

Trusted ✔️
Jokes aside ive grown used to watching my team play twice a week for the majority of the season.

If we miss out on Europe completely we need to have an excellent PL season to make up for it.

El Duderino

99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One
Trusted ✔️
Jokes aside ive grown used to watching my team play twice a week for the majority of the season.

If we miss out on Europe completely we need to have an excellent PL season to make up for it.

Just feels like "I rather we don't play in the EL" is the new "I rather we don't qualify for the CL".

Troopz

Established Member
Why’s Willian being focused on at this point of the season?

The likes of me and @GDeep™ knew he was a washed up *** from early doors whilst cucks like @HairSprayGooners were praising the signing, it was if we signed a prime Kaka the way some were acting.

I remember a lot fans on here and Twitter were thinking that Arteta was going to unlock some hidden potential in Willian at the age of 32 and play him in the number 10 role.

:lol::lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
Dear OnlyOne,

Best wishes,

Your argument about extra games as opportunity for fringe and youth players is probably the clincher. There is a good chance 7th place in PL will get EL for next season, but I definitely wouldn't feel good witb any further step down, into that new third tier European competition.