• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If you asked a neutral at the start of the season, they wouldn't say Arsenal had a Top 4 squad. It's at most Top 6. If lucky, 4-6. If unlucky (bad VAR calls, players getting sent off, injuries to our only decent CM and LB), 6-8 is a reasonable range.
Think this is a key point as neutral / opposing fans normally view us more objective than we do ourselves. I haven’t met or spoken to a single non-Arsenal fan who rates our squad highly. They simply don’t.

Along these lines look at what interest the players we have on the books generates from other teams. Who wanted to sign Xhaka for example? ****ing Hertha Berlin! Now if that isn’t PL top 4 standard I don’t know what is.

With regards to Arteta most neutrals are in a wait and see position. They see some improvements in our game but think with him being a new manager it is early to tell if he is the real deal.

LG10

Anyone denying that our toxic fanbase isn’t affecting the players is wrong. The Elneny interview couldn’t be clearer; **** this fan base

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think you've got to draw a distinction between the Arsenal fans who are unhappy with Arteta or even dislike him as a personality but still want him to succeed and have their views proved wrong, for the betterment of the club, even if they don't think it will happen vs The fans who just want Arteta to fail at any cost to the club just to prove a point.

Most critics of Arteta I believe are pretty firmly in the first camp, which is a perfectly respectable position to hold.

The ones in the latter camp are a pretty tiny minority and aren't even worth talking about to be honest.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I think you've got to draw a distinction between the Arsenal fans who are unhappy with Arteta or even dislike him as a personality but still want him to succeed and have their views proved wrong, for the betterment of the club, even if they don't think it will happen vs The fans who just want Arteta to fail at any cost to the club just to prove a point.

Most critics of Arteta I believe are pretty firmly in the first camp, which is a perfectly respectable position to hold.

The ones in the latter camp are a pretty tiny minority and aren't even worth talking about to be honest.

2nd camp guys if Arteta wins the EL:

200w.gif

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We will never know if the managers really knew what was happening...where they in the dark or are they just good actors, did they know about it but still hate it...we will never know.

Arteta isn't gonna crap on the owners completely...if the Super League did happen, with Arsenal in it, it would have made us 1 of only 12 proper teams in Europe...so from our own point of view, the intentions were "good", so I can see why Mikel said that...but it would have just ruined everyone else in football :lol:

We have 2 massive games coming up in the Europa soon, lets forget the ESL and focus on that.
The words are not good for the club. The words are selfish clubs. As you said, ruining football for the good of 15 teams.

yorch44

Think this is a key point as neutral / opposing fans normally view us more objective than we do ourselves. I haven’t met or spoken to a single non-Arsenal fan who rates our squad highly. They simply don’t.

Along these lines look at what interest the players we have on the books generates from other teams. Who wanted to sign Xhaka for example? ****ing Hertha Berlin! Now if that isn’t PL top 4 standard I don’t know what is.

With regards to Arteta most neutrals are in a wait and see position. They see some improvements in our game but think with him being a new manager it is early to tell if he is the real deal.
On the other hand I always hear people saying... Arsenal have good players but they don't rate us as a team. Basically they don't rate not because of the quality of the team but for the way we play and underperform.

They always say to me Arsenal have the players to do much better but not the manager nor mentality.

LG10

'
Which toxic fan base are you speaking of? Surely it is not the match going crowd? So who is it? The AFtv bunch? Online trolls?
Obviously not am, but all social media and especially aftv of course. So fanbase gets more spotlight than arsenal fans. Players don’t live completely in a bubble and are affected by the toxicity. It’s not the only thing holding us back but it’s a big part imo

• Goal
Reactions: Kav

yorch44

Where are the ones like me who don't believe in him and just want a new manager? Because I don't want him to ruin the club anymore... I want someone who could bring glory to this club... I wouldn't care who do that... But I don't believe we will do that with him... So I just want a change.

mirrorstare

I'm sure everyone has a point where they'd think enough is enough, and for fans of a football team, witnessing the worst football we have seen in decades falls seems like a fair point.

When I see how we play regularly I'm not surprised people aren't quite excited about achieving European glory, I felt the same with the FA Cup after all.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

'

Obviously not am, but all social media and especially aftv of course. So fanbase gets more spotlight than arsenal fans. Players don’t live completely in a bubble and are affected by the toxicity. It’s not the only thing holding us back but it’s a big part imo
Have you watched AFTV recently? They are ridiculously pro Arteta :lol:

They celebrated the Fulham draw like CL final and put down losses to refs and VAR. Or Bellerin.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

They celebrated the Fulham draw like CL final and put down losses to refs and VAR.

Yeah isn't DT quite a staunch Arteta supporter? Not to say he speaks for all of AFTV but he's quite a prominent voice imo.

Btw Macho, how would you feel if Arteta did win the EL?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah isn't DT quite a staunch Arteta supporter? Not to say he speaks for all of AFTV but he's quite a prominent voice imo.

Btw Macho, how would you feel if Arteta did win the EL?
DT is Arteta In
Kelechi is Arteta In
Ty is Arteta In
Robbie certainly is more in than out (especially when compared to Wenger and Emery)
Most of them bemoan the players tbh.

If Arteta wins EL, great. Hopefully it can be used to attract good players that hopefully outlast Arteta. I said if he won I wouldn't complain about him next season anyways.

LG10

They celebrated the Fulham draw like CL final and put down losses to refs and VAR. Or Bellerin.
No but I assume they still slag off a lot of the players

Top Bottom