• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Nah man there's so much to unpack here. But it's absolutely hilarious and I mean hilarious that people on this forum were crying about how Conte would need millions to spend and therefore he wouldn't be suited to replacing Arteta. Yet look at this. This forum is actually beyond help with it's logic.

Wasted that money on Gabriel and Partey too, they probably made us worse if anything.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Could've played the more talented Saliba instead of Gabriel which would've saved us some money. But no Arteta absolutely needed Gabriel who has subsequently been dropped for Test

I really want to like Gabriel because he's big and strong but I hate to admit he's rubbish, Lille finessed us so badly on him and Pepe. I wonder why we love giving them money? Even Mari is better and he came out the Brazil league lmao. Are you calling Mari Test like the wrestler?

No way Saliba would be worse than him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Gabriel has no bearing on Saliba not playing, as due to Arteta's weird "always one left foot and one right foot defensive paring" , William is being kept out by Luiz and Holding.

Man like @Tir Na Nog calling Mari, Test :lol:

Vicki

N7PrSCX.png

Rattata

Nah man there's so much to unpack here. But it's absolutely hilarious and I mean hilarious that people on this forum were crying about how Conte would need millions to spend and therefore he wouldn't be suited to replacing Arteta. Yet look at this. This forum is actually beyond help with it's logic.
What kind of **** twitter post is that?
Conte joined Inter in 2019. In that year Inter invested almost 200m in new players. What's the point of comparing Arteta's net spend with other managers from the date Arteta joined us if the other managers already invested +100m the previous years? You usually don't build a new squad in 3 transfer windows.

I'm Arteta Out but this statistic is made to make Arteta look bad.

Peterq

Keyword "NET". So many people not understanding what they actually posting. Just pure agenda.
Is Arteta selling players? That is not his job it is Edu. We have squad full of deadwoods that nobody wants to buy. We should sell Torreira, Mustafi, Sead even Özil, Douzi or Elneny (probably stay because Partey was deadline buy). This is our problem. Beating Arteta is very popular right now but we shouldn't use "net spend" stick.

Reactions: Kav

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Keyword "NET". So many people not understanding what they actually posting. Just pure agenda.
Is Arteta selling players? That is not his job it is Edu. We have squad full of deadwoods that nobody wants to buy. We should sell Torreira, Mustafi, Sead even Özil, Douzi or Elneny (probably stay because Partey was deadline buy). This is our problem. Beating Arteta is very popular right now but we shouldn't use "net spend" stick.

Since Arteta has arrived we've brought in Mari, Cedric, Willian, re-signed Ceballos, Runarsson, Gabriel, Partey, Ryan and Ødegaard and we've gone backwards since then. Maybe the actual numbers don't matter as much, but people like to say that Arteta hasn't been backed at all and it just isn't true. The season before Arteta arrived we finished 5th narrowly missing out on top 4 and were in an EL final, so it's not like he inherited an 11th place squad, he inherited one that was at least challenging top 4 and would've made it if not for some poor decisions by Emery. Albeit without Ramsey that they lost on a free. Let's not forget he also made the decision to freeze out Özil and not play with an attacking midfielder for about 6 months or so, he put Auba out on the wing, never gave Pepe real consistent playing time this season, ostracised Guendouzi and Saliba, never gave Willock any playing time in central midfield. Got rid of AMN/Kolasinac without binging any backup left back. He brought back Elneny as a backup option, kept Holding when we were planning on selling him. Renewed Luiz, kept Cedric and Mari permanently.

The point is, this whole narrative that Arteta hasn't been back and he needs time to change the squad and mold it in his image when he's done so much already since he's been here and made so many decisions which has impacted the squad since he's been here. Maybe the hole issue of net spend isn't important but what you cannot say is that Arteta hasn't been backed. He's had the full support of the board in doing what he wants to do with the squad and players, even to the point where he's decreased the value of some assets.

Peterq

Since Arteta has arrived we've brought in Mari, Cedric, Willian, re-signed Ceballos, Runarsson, Gabriel, Partey, Ryan and Ødegaard and we've gone backwards since then. Maybe the actual numbers don't matter as much, but people like to say that Arteta hasn't been backed at all and it just isn't true. The season before Arteta arrived we finished 5th narrowly missing out on top 4 and were in an EL final, so it's not like he inherited an 11th place squad, he inherited one that was at least challenging top 4 and would've made it if not for some poor decisions by Emery. Albeit without Ramsey that they lost on a free. Let's not forget he also made the decision to freeze out Özil and not play with an attacking midfielder for about 6 months or so, he put Auba out on the wing, never gave Pepe real consistent playing time this season, ostracised Guendouzi and Saliba, never gave Willock any playing time in central midfield. Got rid of AMN/Kolasinac without binging any backup left back. He brought back Elneny as a backup option, kept Holding when we were planning on selling him. Renewed Luiz, kept Cedric and Mari permanently.

The point is, this whole narrative that Arteta hasn't been back and he needs time to change the squad and mold it in his image when he's done so much already since he's been here and made so many decisions which has impacted the squad since he's been here. Maybe the hole issue of net spend isn't important but what you cannot say is that Arteta hasn't been backed. He's had the full support of the board in doing what he wants to do with the squad and players, even to the point where he's decreased the value of some assets.
Please read my post again. You are full anti-Arteta and I'm not even write single word defending Arteta. Fully understand your frustration and anger but net spend is stick to beat Edu not Arteta.

Iceman10

Established Member

**** my life.
To add to all of this, it became clear earlier in the week that he was willing to help prop up the owners, knowing them.staying is his best bet, if not his only bet, to stay on in his role even if we end up midtable with no EL trophy. Have seen it this week that this has really increased fan anger towards him on top of everything else, and on his part I do think he has no clue really as to how things would be with fans back in the stadium, almost looking as him as a sort of Vichy regime (sorry if the hyperbole is borderline for some).

Top Bottom