• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Diesel

Yeah if this guy makes it to preseason ur deluded if you think we will sack him until December after that only to put edu in charge until we inevitably hire vieria.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

BigPoppaPumps idea of diet if 5 days takeaway and healthy on the weekends.
So you're saying you're just straight takeaway then. How can you afford the curries from Smethwick to your villa in the country side? UberEats is straight robbery.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Did he have more chance at succeeding if he wasn't changed to manager, was forced to have more experience around him and a more competent footballing team above him? I don't think so but the damage done might have been mitigated at least.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I was up for giving Arteta a chance but I never imagined we'd strip any football experience we had, including scouts, from the club and just leave it to Mikels novice team, Edu and Vinai... We've barely got any staff on the books anymore and I get the sense Edu is a no show most the time.

Arteta's gone backwards and by some distance, he's focused on some pretty weird elements of our game and abandoned others. The whole crossing "its maths" stuff should have got him a slap from someone above him but he basically only has KSE above him and they don't even know what colour we play in.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Not being funny but you clearly didn't watch our u23 games. Saliba was dreadful.
Tbf, he did look quite out of his depth in the u23 games to start the season.

The Saliba stick to beat Arteta with is a weird one. 19 years old when he came back, family issues...what was bad was not loaning him at the beginning of the season, and ideally an english loan would've been better (but Ligue 1 > Championship, and who knows if there were any takers in PL for a loan, you would guess not, or logic says they would've loaned him there). Way too unrealistic to expect a 19-20 yr old would do it for us, just because another one (Fofana) has done well, in a completely different system.
Amazing. Last night was our 54th game of this consistently disgraceful, shameful, dreadful, abysmal, abject season, the 82 vomit inducing game under Arteta since joining 16 months ago. And in those mere 96 minutes you went from literally deifying Arteta to now saying it's "OBVIOUS" we can do better.

Nah, but those adjectives are very hyperbolic. They can apply to the first 14 games but the 19 after no. There was a somewhat positive progression, but when you weigh everything together, including being beaten by a **** manager with an inferior squad in EL, yes, it becomes obvious.

I never deified Arteta. My discussion with you has been reasonable in the extreme, despite you appealing especially to the anger and fury and rabid dog mentality amongst the fanbase regarding this season. (The Arteta / Basque God stuff was quite clearly tongue-in-cheek, it's obvious when I'm having some fun and when I'm engaging in real debate).

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Did he have more chance at succeeding if he wasn't changed to manager, was forced to have more experience around him and a more competent footballing team above him? I don't think so but the damage done might have been mitigated at least.
Why do so many people bring the "changed to manager" stuff up? What has really changed for him with the new title?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
There's nothing to get excited about under Arteta he would turn Messi into Chamkh. He's the worst manager in the league right now maybe even through the whole of the 92 teams in the football league.

Oh lord. :facepalm:

Can we all agree after yesterday Arteta's work this season has been poor, an utter failure, and deserving of the sack? Yeah, I think so.

Do we need to make ridiculously hyperbolic statements like this? No.

I'm sure Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce would've done better. FFS. :facepalm::facepalm: Without even going to the football league and giving more attention to such a ridiculous statement.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Out of interest, say we buy 4/5 top quality players this window but keep Arteta would people get excited or not?

Honestly I couldn’t get excited for next season no matter who we sign with this loser in charge.
No I wouldn’t because Arteta would find a way to ruin them

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Too many people in here taking glee in Arteta's struggles to be honest.

I like the guy and rate him more than most, but should he be sacked? Probably, based on results.

Maybe he's not up to the job but I don't think anyone can say he's not giving his all or hasn't conducted himself in a pretty dignified manner. None of that means he should keep his job but he deserves a baseline of respect from the fanbase.

Sack him if we must but there's no need to want to humiliate the guy or be vindictive.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Too many people in here taking glee in Arteta's struggles to be honest.

I like the guy and rate him more than most, but should he be sacked? Probably, based on results.

Maybe he's not up to the job but I don't think anyone can say he's not giving his all or hasn't conducted himself in a pretty dignified manner. None of that means he should keep his job but he deserves a baseline of respect from the fanbase.

Sack him if we must but there's no need to want to humiliate the guy or be vindictive.
I mean, he's been humiliating himself these last few months.

Tactics
Subs
Post match excuses.
Favouritism of certain players.

He isn't helping himself here, let's be real now.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Nah, but those adjectives are very hyperbolic. They can apply to the first 14 games but the 19 after no. There was a somewhat positive progression, but when you weigh everything together, including being beaten by a **** manager with an inferior squad in EL, yes, it becomes obvious.

If your kid gets 2/100 on his maths test and then in the next one he gets 10/100 do you pat him on that back and say "well done kiddo, that's positive progression :thumbsup:". Leave it out. Your kid (or maybe you yourself) would have to be literally clinically * for that to be your reaction.

Those 6 PL games between December and January we experienced a purple patch. That has been proven demonstrable true by the fact that since then we've far closer to the relegation tier form we exhibited in the 1st half of the season. We're currently winless in our last 6 home games, 3 losses and 3 draws. We've conceded 7 and scored just 2. The opposition has included the likes of Fulham, Prague, Olympiacos and Villarreal. How is that "positive progression"?

How is describing the outright worst season on multiple fronts this club has ever experienced in over a 1/4 of a century in the manner I did hyperbole? The jig is up. There's literally nothing to fall back on. And to top it off the final blow was delivered by the man he replaced, He Who Must Not Be Named. That's a Fatality so 18+ rated that even Mortal Kombat would squirm at the thought of it.

I never deified Arteta. My discussion with you has been reasonable in the extreme, despite you appealing especially to the anger and fury and rabid dog mentality amongst the fanbase regarding this season. (The Arteta / Basque God stuff was quite clearly tongue-in-cheek, it's obvious when I'm having some fun and when I'm engaging in real debate).

Your defence of Arteta was, I want to say "borderline" but that would be way too generous, nah it was outright cult leader levels of fanaticism. That fact that due to ONE game you went from that extreme to now saying it's "obvious" he's not the right for the job shows that your entire previous argument was completely and utterly shallow. There are (or maybe "were" is the operative word after last night) a fair few Arteta fanboys on this forum, obviously I have my beef with them and the views they hold/held, but even still their stances on Arteta and Emery were far more "reasonable" (if you can even call it "reasonable" to support Arteta) then what you exhibited.

If people are angry, furious and rabid it's because this has been a undeniably horrific season. They are fully justified in those emotions, just because you've come to your senses so, so, soooooooo late on doesn't mean those other more informed and intelligent individuals are/were exaggerating when they correctly called this months ago. It honestly doesn't take a galaxy brain 84d chess of Arteta level proportions to think maybe, just maybe a manager that presided over a 7 game winless run with 5 defeats and no goals from open play in over 10 hours and resulted in us being 15th and mixing it up with the relegation fodder, that maybe that manager is a bit poo and isn't going to have a good rest of the season.

Kysus

If you're a big Arteta believer still then stfu you have no right to complain. You're obviously loving this sh*t.
You probably were one of those "WengerOUT" ****** too, right?

Still suffering from that as expected, everything falling apart eversince while moronfans find one scapegoat after another while ignoring the actual problem.

Top Bottom