• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Nice aren't in a relegation battle with Saliba and Todibo, they're the ones that helped save them from a relegation battle. Saliba and Gabriel are two objectively very promising CBs. We didn't just spent 60m on them by mistake, lots of other clubs wanted them. We scouted those players, we closed the deals, now play them together. If you wanna extend Luiz for a year just for experience and to play sporadically then cool, I don't mind that.

If anything the problem might be Holding playing too much. Cos he isn't really offering anything right now, apart from being a nice English lad.

I'm not doubting their talent, I'd rather just always have experience in the back line, especially in the PL. Because both players are still developing. Wenger talked about the risk of playing one young CB, two of them comes with massive risks. For me you extend Luiz, keep Chambers around for his versatility. We've no choice but to keep Mari. Holding definitely needs to be sold. Along with Gabriel and Saliba, tho even looking at that it's not great, but you'd be hoping Gabriel and Saliba can have a rapid development. I think Saliba is probably ahead of Gabriel despite being younger despite what Arteta seems to believe so for me he should be the one starting alongside Luiz (tho again Arteta likes his left footed CB, even tho he shouldn't even be manager next season).

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I'm not doubting their talent, I'd rather just always have experience in the back line, especially in the PL. Because both players are still developing. Wenger talked about the risk of playing one young CB, two of them comes with massive risks. For me you extend Luiz, keep Chambers around for his versatility. We've no choice but to keep Mari. Holding definitely needs to be sold. Along with Gabriel and Saliba, tho even looking at that it's not great, but you'd be hoping Gabriel and Saliba can have a rapid development. I think Saliba is probably ahead of Gabriel despite being younger despite what Arteta seems to believe so for me he should be the one starting alongside Luiz (tho again Arteta likes his left footed CB, even tho he shouldn't even be manager next season).
We've got bigger problems than CB tbh.

LuanNguyen

Yes, let's keep Luiz for another season, play Gabriel and Saliba by his side so they can grow, let them play together in the Cups.

TornadoTed

Established Member
It won't be a popular opinion but I think we need to go back to 3 at the back if we are going to start Gabriel and Saliba, at least until they have a couple of years more experience under their belts. I think it what Conte (unlikely but please) would do if he came here. I could see Saka becoming his Hakimi on the right as he probably doesn't score enough to be one of the front 3.

GK

Saliba Luiz Gabriel

Saka Partey Xhaka Tierney

? ? Pepe

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Goals and matches if what we have to lose. I suppose those things can't get much worse barring an actual relegation battle, im just saying if we're hoping to get back to challenging CL then it's certainly not with such an I experienced CB pairing

We've fallen that far that there's no way our goal next season is CL, our goal next season is just seeing actual improvement in terms of how we play football and consistency. United, Liverpool, City and Chelsea all have managers who are pretty much bedded in and will only improve next year, mean while ours is rubbish and no one knows if he's staying or going.

AM loved it when I posted about how Arteta should of developed our young players but when I say we should look to have Saliba & Gabriel as our first team CB pairing they don't like that? Look how Fofanna settled, there's no reason Saliba can't do the same.

We want a CF do we? Why not try use Martinelli as one? Look these are all risks but they can't be worse than what we've seen this season.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There's no way we should be looking at CBs for next season. If we have to, extend Luiz for another year.

No Europe means we can go in with a smaller squad next season. Expect to see a mass exodus, and a squad of 15/16 first team players supplemented by the academy lads. Let's have a proper reset.

Unfortunately, you can't trust anyone at the club to do something like that.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It won't be a popular opinion but I think we need to go back to 3 at the back if we are going to start Gabriel and Saliba, at least until they have a couple of years more experience under their belts. I think it what Conte (unlikely but please) would do if he came here. I could see Saka becoming his Hakimi on the right as he probably doesn't score enough to be one of the front 3.

GK

Saliba Luiz Gabriel

Saka Partey Xhaka Tierney

? ? Pepe

That team has Conte written all over it. I think you still have to go with Auba at 9, with a new forward up top to join them.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

There's no way we should be looking at CBs for next season. If we have to, extend Luiz for another year.

No Europe means we can go in with a smaller squad next season. Expect to see a mass exodus, and a squad of 15/16 first team players supplemented by the academy lads. Let's have a proper reset.

Agree with this, top-posting. I said no European football next year might be good for us, and this is the only year I've ever said that but I think it could be if we get a new manager. Bring someone in who can mold this team to their liking, 3/4 summer signings, and focus on development and finishing around 6th.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We've fallen that far that there's no way our goal next season is CL, our goal next season is just seeing actual improvement in terms of how we play football and consistency. United, Liverpool, City and Chelsea all have managers who are pretty much bedded in and will only improve next year, mean while ours is rubbish and no one knows if he's staying or going.

AM loved it when I posted about how Arteta should of developed our young players but when I say we should look to have Saliba & Gabriel as our first team CB pairing they don't like that? Look how Fofanna settled, there's no reason Saliba can't do the same.

We want a CF do we? Why not try use Martinelli as one? Look these are all risks but they can't be worse than what we've seen this season.
Man the fact that out goal is to qualify fir Europa is depressing not only are we tryna qualify for that sh*t but have to spend another season in it if we’re successful?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No no, you can't have your cake and eat it too, @Makingtrax, it will not wash. And please, let's concentrate on Arteta here. I know the names are somewhat similar and can make it hard to resist the nostalgia, but Arsène is history, let's stick to the present.
Cake, eat it, wash? I’m concentrating on Arteta, he‘s just said the decline started 5 years ago. And he’s right for once. Let’s concentrate on that.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

As much as I hate Luiz he’s probably our best CB with Holding.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Man the fact that out goal is to qualify fir Europa is depressing not only are we tryna qualify for that sh*t but have to spend another season in it if we’re successful?

It is what it is, blame Mikel, the board or whoever but that's the reality. Who knows, maybe we'll spend this summer and without Europe we can walk into top 4? I doubt it.

But yeah our goals aren't CL anymore.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Agree with this, top-posting. I said no European football next year might be good for us, and this is the only year I've ever said that but I think it could be if we get a new manager. Bring someone in who can mold this team to their liking, 3/4 summer signings, and focus on development and finishing around 6th.

Agreed, I've kind of thought this deep down for a while, and let's be honest, it's been coming for a while. Big chance to slash the wage bill as well.

Have a feeling Arteta's ego will be against this though, he'll want a big squad so he can have options to execute the various ideas that pop into his head throughout the season, like midfielders up front and at left back.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Agreed, I've kind of thought this deep down for a while, and let's be honest, it's been coming for a while. Big chance to slash the wage bill as well.

Have a feeling Arteta's ego will be against this though, he'll want a big squad so he can have options to execute the various ideas that pop into his head throughout the season, like midfielders up front and at left back.

Yeah, it's sickening. Guys like Elneny, Chambers, Willian, will all still be around while young kids like Guendouzi will be shipped off.

Partey, Bissouma, Xhaka, Guendouzi for me would be lovely CM options for a season only in PL.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I really can't fathom what is happening to this club. If the Kroenkes have purposefully worked on destroying Arsenal they couldn't have done a better job.
If we go on like this, we will end up relegated.

Relegation is starting to look more like a blessing with each passing day.

It'll scare away any players and sponsors, causing revenues to plummet further, which will force the hand of these parasites to sell at a reduced price.

Then maybe, just maybe, we can get in an owner who actually knows that there're 2 cards in football that signify warning and dismissal respectively :lol:

Top Bottom