• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
There were so many cases of favouritism though.

When Pepe got a stupid red card v.Leeds, Arteta threw Pepe under the bus with some harsh words. But then on next games when Xhaka got an equally stupid red card v.Burnley, he protected Xhaka by saying some soft words about how it was heat of moment stuff BS.

Then look at how he has completely frozen Reiss and until late Martinelli too. As @MutableEarth often mentioned, if you had given all of Willian's minutes to Reiss you're probably getting better end results.

Ceballos has stunk the place out during whole season, but he still got loads of minutes, while Willock was ignored.

There are so many inconsistencies with his bullshit "non-negotiables" that are a clear indicator of an incompetent impostor who finds himself wearing a manager's jacket 🙂.

Preach on it. That type of blatant favouritism isn't going to sit well with people either, especially when results aren't going our way. He didn't even use the Xhaka incident to walk back what he said about Pepe either. I think Arteta values hard work on the training pitch and talking a good game more than he does actual player quality.

I mean every manager has his favourites but don't act like you're going to be some hard nosed disciplinarian then not follow through on that. I'm also very amused at how Özil was shown the door for "not working hard off the ball" when some of Arteta's pets just stroll around the pitch whenever they play

Has Willian ran back or put in a tackle more than five times this season?

Make it make sense.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ryan the best signing of them all.

Rest ****e.

Partey 50m obvious why we got him. Fact he also demand 200k a week when he was on 70k at Atletico stinks of Willian.

Arteta wants his own players. He signed them. Think what he means is he wants KDB, Bernardo Silva, Diaz and Cancelo and then he can challenge top 6.

"Arteta wants his own players"

Right, I'm sure Cedric and Willian on frees and Ødegaard on loan were at the very top of his list. Lol.
Just because the bs owners couldn't cough up the cash doesn't mean he bought what he wanted.

Papa Wonga

Established Member

Right, I'm sure Cedric and Willian on frees and Ødegaard on loan were at the very top of his list. Lol.
Didn't get a chance when the guy above him - (Edu) let his agent in through the back door.

Arteta should've put his foot down and said, yeah willian was great seasons ago, but no thanks.

He's stupid, should've known the wages and age went against us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Surprised they haven’t already, considering how they openly mocked Emery. It’s so strange.

Arteta should have been memed off the face of the earth when he cut that percentage promo last year but he somehow survived that.

I think he’s genuinely a good coach. Sterling and Sane attested to how good he was at developing and getting the best out of them.

I’d guess he’s got far better personal relationships with the players than say Emery who had communication issues and was apparently more distanced than Arteta.

He’s clearly good at getting buy in from the players but that only really works if you’re fair with them and more importantly you get results.

Now there’s nothing left to play then it’s all up in the air. If he’s slagging them off in the press and the results don’t come I reckon he’ll lose the dressing room.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Edu is at the the same tier as arteta in regards to blame, Vinai and owners above them.

I'll let him off on some points, In regards to his contract deals for the young lads, and the fact he know's the brazillian market with unearthed us the gem that is gabi.

He's still a **** for bringing in Willian on £200k p/w and a Cedric nobody wanted, but to be fair has outshone bellerin, who's gash.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Your sleeping just like most Arsenal fans unfortunately.

Kroenkes aren't perfect and ideally we have people running the club like David Dein did back in the 90s. But we've reached 11 finals in 14 years under Stan's ownership, whilst having a low net spend for many of these years and needing to sell our better players to make a profit.
Ever since AFTV became more popular around 2016-17, Arsenal's general performance has plummeted. Those are some facts for you.
You know nothing about the scientific method. Correlation does not equate to causation ( i.e. arsenal degradation in performance might also coincide with the growth in Spotify but their is no causation). Furthermore you are only considering a portion of their period of their popularity (they were popular prior to that also) to suit your argument.

AFTV just reflects the supporter base and is indicative of how the club is being run, its not a feed back loop. Their would be minimal negative feedback if we were in pools position for instance.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
The thing we miss the most as a club, is

A ruthless Owner - Abramovich / Sheikhs / any other top club with ambition.
A Board who are knowledgeable on football.
A Quality manager.
And a WC recruitment team, sad....we sacked 9/10th's of our ****ing scouts in the pandemic.

And It will never change, because we're arsenal, we let ourselves be run by cnuts.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The thing we miss the most as a club, is

A ruthless Owner - Abramovich / Sheikhs / any other top club with ambition.
A Board who are knowledgeable on football.
A Quality manager.
And a WC recruitment team, sad....we sacked 9/10th's of our ****ing scouts in the pandemic.

And It will never change, because we're arsenal, we let ourselves be run by cnuts.

In all fairness though this is the same recruitment team who spent North of 200m on Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez, Pepe, Debuchy, Chambers, Gabriel (first one) and Elneny.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
In all fairness though this is the same recruitment team who spent North of 200m on Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez, Pepe, Debuchy, Chambers, Gabriel (first one) and Elneny.
That's the thing that's been killing us for years, shoddy recruitment, even under wenger,

Squillaci
Andre Santos
Gabriel
Xhaka
Mustafi
Perez
Debucy
Chamakh

The list goes on, nobody has any fkin clue at this club what to do. Neither does Arteta.

And now we've left it to Owners who know **** all, a novice chief exec, and a novice team around him.

Vinai is a ****in fraud.
We lost our chief negotiator in the summer who was alas, a ****in fraud - Fahmy
Raul was the most dodgiest of the lot
And an inexperienced edu and arteta.

****ing bonkers.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I'm also very amused at how Özil was shown the door for "not working hard off the ball" when some of Arteta's pets just stroll around the pitch whenever they play

Has Willian ran back or put in a tackle more than five times this season?

Make it make sense.
Oh, I focused only on current players, about Özil I am sure there is a whole circus that showed Arteta's ridiculous hypocrisy. In their lame attempts to force Özil out they thought that Willian would be an apt replacememt for the playmaker role. It is so evident that despite the shocking performances and zero creativity in 1st part of season, he still persisted with Willian.
It was only when he got injured that he lucked it out with ESR in playmaker role.

But for this episode of favouritism, then how Özil was "lynched" during the salary cut fiasco, I am sure that Özil's agent will have one of his "scorched earth" interviews, as soon as the period of our 90% payment from us to have him play in Fener is done.
Mark your calendar for June 1st, as the deal probably expires on June 30.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
The thing that Infuriates me the most is the fact, every fan out there can see Martinelli and the talent the kid has, what does this chump see, a 33 yr old willian who he think's still hasn't hit his level for us yet.

One of the things he's taken off wenger for face value is the stubbornness to not accept your a twt and you're decisions are wrong and costing the team.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think he’s genuinely a good coach. Sterling and Sane attested to how good he was at developing and getting the best out of them.

I’d guess he’s got far better personal relationships with the players than say Emery who had communication issues and was apparently more distanced than Arteta.

He’s clearly good at getting buy in from the players but that only really works if you’re fair with them and more importantly you get results.

Now there’s nothing left to play then it’s all up in the air. If he’s slagging them off in the press and the results don’t come I reckon he’ll lose the dressing room.
If I hear that Sterling and Sane thing one more time :lol:

I think them man were just being nice to Mikel, cause I see no evidence of that stellar coaching here. He was a crusty central midfielder on top of it too - I’m not quite sure how he’s gonna open the third eye for young pacey wingers who can actually score.

I more have a theory the hierarchy are openly more supportive of Arteta so the players are less likely to mock. I have no proof though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
But he won't play him as a backup, he uses a central midfielder there instead.

Cedric isn't a backup left back or anywhere close to being a left back. He looks so awkward over there because he's right footed. Hence why the left footed xhaka was forced to play there.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

His bum chums over the Athletic claim they were actually.

This guy doesn’t even deserve more money to get top class players anyways, look what he’s done with Partey. There’s no excuse for that one cause he came from a decent league and a much better team.

GoonerJay24

You know nothing about the scientific method. Correlation does not equate to causation ( i.e. arsenal degradation in performance might also coincide with the growth in Spotify but their is no causation). Furthermore you are only considering a portion of their period of their popularity (they were popular prior to that also) to suit your argument.

AFTV just reflects the supporter base and is indicative of how the club is being run, its not a feed back loop. Their would be minimal negative feedback if we were in pools position for instance.
There's clear correlation in this instance. I must reiterate though I don't believe AFTV are the biggest problem, but there presence has partly contributed in a bad atmosphere in the Emirates which affects performances. Wenger, Arteta and multiple people at the club have said similar in recent years.

Your right it does reflect a good portion of the supporters. Unfortunately our fanbase are spoilt and have no regards for the clubs values in a way Liverpool fans for example uphold their traditions. Maybe if the fans and media didn't hound Wenger out he would've more proficiently planned the transition period following his departure. However, because he was forced out, there was no proper plan hence why the management has been poor lately.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
His bum chums over the Athletic claim they were actually.

This guy doesn’t even deserve more money to get top class players anyways, look what he’s done with Partey. There’s no excuse for that one cause he came from a decent league and a much better team.

Partey came in, got injured and in general has had a very disjointed season.

Generally speaking I've been very impressed with Partey. Some of the balls he's played have been incredible. You can tell he's still adapting at times but you can also tell he's top quality. That first half of the season for him was a nightmare, respect that, doesn't have to be the managers fault.

Arteta hasn't "done anything" to him. If Arteta was blowing up good players then Saka and Tierney would be playing ****, but they aren't.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom