• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
We're a disjointed mess. We still aren't even close to fielding a quality 11 to run our manager's preferred 4-3-3. Hell, we can't even play a pass out from the back regularly. Better than Leicester..

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
View attachment 3765

Leicester's line up for Claude Puel's last game in charge. I count only 3 players who are no longer regulars or at the club. They where 12th at that point. Point being that a decent manager isn't a bad thing.
Only Maguire, Fuchs and Ghezzal are no longer at the club. The rest of the starting XI are pretty much the same and they were 12th under Puel. This team is not better than ours.

The biggest damage Arteta did to this club was not that he made us midtable, it is the fact that he convinced us that our squad is not top 6.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Only Maguire, Fuchs and Ghezzal are no longer at the club. The rest of the starting XI are pretty much the same and they were 12th under Puel. This team is not better than ours.

The biggest damage Arteta did to this club was not that he made us midtable, it is the fact that he convinced us that our squad is not top 6.

Whether they are better than us or not I bet nobody was saying they where at that point. You get a decent coach in and he can raise the levels of players, you see it happen all the time.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

The real issue here is that you are unable to accept the reality of what you watch week in and week out. That's dangerous levels of delusion.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Leicester do have a better first XI than us IMO. Transfermarkt`s squad value places them above us
Of course the players will have value. The manager came in and improved almost all the players he met at the club naturally their value went up. In our case the opposite has been the case. Almost all our players have regressed massively. Before Arteta came here, Auba was one of the best performing CF in the league, he'd scored more goals than every attckers since he made his debut in the PL but he has regressed massively. Leicester signed Fofana who Saliba was more rated than and Rodgers have improved him and his value has increased immensely but on the other hand, we'll probably give away Saliba for a bag of chips.

We signed one of the best performing CM in Europe and he's looked like an average player at times under Bumteta

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Top 4 is really tough because the standard is now so high and lets be honest Sp**s/Leicester both overtook us while Arsène was still here.
:lol: So high last season, that Liverpool looked burn’t out, Chelsea and Sp**s were terrible and sacked their managers . . . very tough.

The only time ever, that Arsenal finished behind Sp**s since 1996 was when our fans were booing, boycotting, flying planes overhead, protesting and doing everything in their power to sink the manager. They eventually succeeded mind.

And Leicester only beat us once under Wenger when they pulled off that freak season that caught out every other premier league club. After that Arsène finished above them twice even with all that toxic atmosphere. So no they didn’t overtake us.

I see our new boy has finished behind Sp**s and Leicester both seasons he’s been here though.

Last edited:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
And if they stuck with the duds they hired previously for the sake of stability they would have never gotten Potch.
So sacking a manager every year is the way forward? As soon as Poch had a poor season they sacked him and then mourinho. They could end up doing the same to nuno if he doesnt get top 6 this season. Its a fkin joke tbh.
I would just like us to have more class.
Arteta has won an fa cup and finished 8th (which though disappointing is not far of where we should be in the hardest league on the planet with a poor squad than needs a massive rebuild. The way some clowns react its like he has relegated us.
If we dont show improvement by the end of the next season then there will imo be a fair case to look at the manager.
I really dont want us to turn into some clown club sacking managers every 12 months.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
What I saw on the pitch was a team performing less than the sum of its part.
Maybe you tend to overate our parts? Why do people not want to pay decent money for most of them if they are so good? imho I actually think transfermarket overvalues us.
Nobody is giving us 20m+ for each of Xhaka, laca & bellerin,

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Maybe you tend to overate our parts? Why do people not want to pay decent money for most of them if they are so good? imho I actually think transfermarket overvalues us.
Nobody is giving us 20m+ for each of Xhaka, laca & bellerin,

Tend? It's clear and obvious. He was wondering why a team that was fielding Bellerin, Pablo Mari, Ceballos, and Willian wasn't winning us games. Smh.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

So sacking a manager every year is the way forward? As soon as Poch had a poor season they sacked him and then mourinho. They could end up doing the same to nuno if he doesnt get top 6 this season. Its a fkin joke tbh.
I would just like us to have more class.
Arteta has won an fa cup and finished 8th (which though disappointing is not far of where we should be in the hardest league on the planet with a poor squad than needs a massive rebuild. The way some clowns react its like he has relegated us.
If we dont show improvement by the end of the next season then there will imo be a fair case to look at the manager.
I really dont want us to turn into some clown club sacking managers every 12 months.

Most on here would accept Top Six, tbf, even those against Arteta.

Think both Sp**s and Leicester are coming to the end of their cycles, will be hard for them to replace some of their key players that are ageing/leaving...we should be getting above them and in the Europa League places next season.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

How the **** has Arteta brainwashed some on here that 8th for us is par for the course?

Some of Arteta biggest supporters predicted we'd challenge for top four last season but at the end of last season they started telling me our level is 8th. The constant goal post shifting is making me dizzy.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Most on here would accept Top Six, tbf, even those against Arteta.

Think both Sp**s and Leicester are coming to the end of their cycles, will be hard for them to replace some of their key players that are ageing/leaving...we should be getting above them and in the Europa League places next season.
Sadly, this is where I'm at. I'll take top 6+ decent football. This is the level we've descended to under Arteta.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
:lol: So high last season, that Liverpool looked burn’t out, Chelsea and Sp**s were terrible and sacked their managers . . . very tough.

The only time ever, that Arsenal finished behind Sp**s since 1996 was when our fans were booing, boycotting, flying planes overhead, protesting and doing everything in their power to sink the manager. They eventually succeeded mind.

And Leicester only beat us once under Wenger when they pulled off that freak season that caught out every other premier league club. After that Arsène finished above them twice even with all that toxic atmosphere. So no they didn’t overtake us.

I see our new boy has finished behind Sp**s and Leicester both seasons he’s been here though.
Last year was rather a freak season because of the pandemic. You cannot treat is as a normal.
Fans treated wenger poorly it was horrible. I blame clowns like AFTV for fuelling a toxic atmosphere.
At the end of the day though I think it was time, the club had to take a new direction at some stage.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

this is where I'm at.

My boy Oxeki backing Arteta...

tenor.gif

...you love to see it!

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

How the **** has Arteta brainwashed some on here that 8th for us is par for the course?

Some of Arteta biggest supporters predicted we'd challenge for top four last season but at the end of last season they started telling me our level is 8th. The constant goal post shifting is making me dizzy.

Yeah, you're deluded. Show some receipts.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

football fans often get excited and start to think their teams are better than they actually are.
Anyone who hand on heart thinks our squad is top 4 standard is deluded.
We have just had 4 players at the Euros & 1 of those was a reserve keeper. Compare that standard to the top 4 clubs.
We cant even get a decent fee for the Swiss Captain who was one of them!!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom