• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saliba and Guendouzi shipped out. Nelson and Nketiah dropped to the u23s. Willock sent on loan. Balogun being allowed to leave on a free, Martinelli now not even making the squad. ESR pushed out wide to make room for a loanee. :shivering:

These are meant to be the future ffs.

Saliba and Guendouzi i think could be good enough for us. Willock, Nelson and Nketiah look short if we want to get back to top 4. Martinelli is a huge talent. Dont know why he is being ignored. Balogun is nothing other than a fans flavour of the week. Most people talking about him have never ever seen him play more than the minute in the EL for us and a few clips Arsenal uploaded on social media.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saliba and Guendouzi shipped out. Nelson and Nketiah dropped to the u23s. Willock sent on loan. Balogun being allowed to leave on a free, Martinelli now not even making the squad. ESR pushed out wide to make room for a loanee. :shivering:

I still think Saliba has a future here. Guendouzi is gone. Nelson and Nketiah are most likely not good enough, or should be out on loan at the very least. Willock has everything to prove, and has the possibility to do so at Newcastle.

All is not lost for Saliba and Willock. The three other ones are most likely on their way out.

I still think Saliba has a future here. Guendouzi is gone. Nelson and Nketiah are most likely not good enough, or should be out on loan at the very least. Willock has everything to prove, and has the possibility to do so at Newcastle.

All is not lost for Saliba and Willock. The three other ones are most likely on their way out.

The loans for Saliba and Willock were good. They still have a chance to make it here but they need playing time which we couldn't provide.

Nelson has been unlucky, anytime he showed glimpses of hope he got injured and now almost all our wingers are performing. Pepe, Saka, ESR and even Willian. Hard for him to get playing time. Nketiah got chances to prove himself but in my honest opinion didn't grab them well enough.

People who still care about Guendouzi must hate Arsenal so I have no time for that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Balogun isn't Arteta/Edu's fault tbh. Could have integrated him more to entice him? but that's unfair to those who have shown commitment and can't even get minutes like your boi Matrinelli.

Ødegaard > ESR for me it's not even close, but playing a 6 month loanee over your own admittedly doesn't make much sense.

Brucey finding Willock's correct position and getting more out of him almost immediately is quite damning, but lets see if Willock he keeps it up. Nelson and Nketiah is a weird one, they did get chances though.

Saliba makes no sense, Guendouzi does make sense unfortunately.

A bit of a mixed bag for Mikel, like it would be under any manager tbh.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s the treatment of these lads I have an issue with. I agree not all of them are good enough now to get games, but you can still treat them fairly.

Saliba sounds like he doesn’t want to come back and who can blame him after the cup final nonsense and then not even getting a minute here. Guendouzi clearly won’t return. Willock given 5 minute cameos as a winger was horrible management. Nelson has been jettisoned with no explanation why. Martinelli helps turn our season around and doesn’t get a minute once Willian finally puts in a performance.

The only player who can have no complaints is Nketiah, but even then, if you weren’t going to play him, why not loan/sell in January?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think the problem with most of the youth is that they've mostly been judged on 10 minute cameos here and there. I think Willock and Nelson have started something like 7 league games between them under Arteta. How many have the likes of Ceballos or Willian started in that time? Apart from those who are avid watchers of the youth games how many would've honestly predicted ESR would have come in and been such a key player for us before the Chelsea game?

We all saw how good AMN could be starting regularly to end last season although admittedly that wasn't his favoured position. Nketiah has started enough now to be fair to know that unfortunately he's probably not good enough especially as a lone forward. I'm a fan of Guendouzi but Arteta obviously wasn't happy with his attitude so can't argue with him on that one.

To be fair to Arteta he's clearly thinking about winning games as opposed to developing youth but it seems the board are thinking more along the lines of rebuild/long term so there's been a bit of a crossing of the wires there.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
You know, there are a myriad of ways to reply to your post with the same aggressive and antisocial tone that you used, but why? This is a forum. We're all Arsenal fans here to have some fun and waste some time with likeminded individuals.

Does this sound like an Arsenal fan to you?

Hope Sp**s hammer us, see how the Arteta fanatics spin that one.

Won’t be watching anyway.

Kav

Established Member

Even if all are not up to standard or will be amazing, i do think we should not miss a opportunity to monetize and maximize our earnings from these young players.

Players like Nelson, Nketiah, Willock and AMN have considerable value because they are homegrown players and PL rules require teams to have a minimum number of such. Add to that their actual technical level, we should be ensuring that we getas much for these players as possible. Give them opportunities in some games to show what they can do. Increase their value and sell them.

If liverpool can sell Brewster for 23 mil and he hasn't done much we should beable to get similiar numbers for AMN and Nketiah

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Does this sound like an Arsenal fan to you?
I feel how I feel about Mikel and modern Arsenal, but yeah we should have learned from Wenger that wishing ill on the club just doesn't work.

Everyone thought missing out on CL would be a catalyst for change, but all we've seen is utter bs and misery ever since bar the FA Cup win. The only guys enjoying this period now are Wenger's biggest critics cause they are losers.

We should always want Arsenal to get into Europe though it's for the best, so I get your frustration.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's easy to say, give Nelson, Nketiah, Willock, AMN a chance.

As everyone is keen to say Arteta is going to get judged on results. Apart from Nelson all those guys have been given somewhat of a chance even with limited game time this season, none really showed enough to warrant an increase in game time at this stage in their careers.

If you're chasing a game, you'd want to bring on a Pepe / Willian over a Nelson or a Laca over an Eddie. That's just the way it is, they're better footballers and more likely to produce the goods at this stage.

As a prospect you've got to earn more game time by producing the goods in the limited game time you get initially. Saka, ESR etc did that. The rest haven't.

Really the only youngster that can have a major gripe in terms of game time is Martinelli, and even that issue is somewhat clouded by his injury.

It's stupid to complain that we're not a top 4 / 6 team but also want every kid given a lot of game time. You have to pick one or the other really at least in the short term.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

It's stupid to complain that we're not a top 4 / 6 team but also want every kid given a lot of game time. You have to pick one or the other really at least in the short term.
I disagree with this. Start of the season you wanna play your seasoned pros, fine.

Once the league went down the sh*tter though, it would have been much easier to spread the minutes round a bit and for a manager who literally isn't under any pressure to win matches, (imo ofcourse) we just haven't taken advantage of this.

Putting certain players in the shop window would be equally as beneficial as finishing as high as we can. Martinez is an extreme example of this.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I disagree with this. Start of the season you wanna play your seasoned pros, fine.

Once the league went down the sh*tter though, it would have been much easier to spread the minutes round a bit and for a manager who literally doesn't have to win matches we just haven't taken advantage of this.

Putting certain players in the shop window would be equally as beneficial though. Martinez is an extreme example.
Nail on the head. Obviously at the start of the season I'm sure the aim of the club was to get top 4 but as soon as that has become clear that it isn't achievable it has been the perfect chance to put the youth in the shop window to either win a place or get moved on this summer. ESR was a throw of the dice at the time and it's worked out brilliantly so why not? The board have made it clear winning now isn't the ultimate objective as well.

Kav

Established Member

As everyone is keen to say Arteta is going to get judged on results. Apart from Nelson all those guys have been given somewhat of a chance even with limited game time this season, none really showed enough to warrant an increase in game time at this stage in their careers.

If you're chasing a game, you'd want to bring on a Pepe / Willian over a Nelson or a Laca over an Eddie. That's just the way it is, they're better footballers and more likely to produce the goods at this stage.

As a prospect you've got to earn more game time by producing the goods in the limited game time you get initially. Saka, ESR etc did that. The rest haven't.

Really the only youngster that can have a major gripe in terms of game time is Martinelli, and even that issue is somewhat clouded by his injury.

Your short shortsightedness is astounding. There are two separate conversations and no one has made the argument that you are pointing out. Further to that by giving young players 10 minutes of game time is not going to compromise our short term goals. We need to develop players to be able to sell them at a later date. In this covid era, player sales are of vital importance.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Once the league went down the sh*tter though, it would have been much easier to spread the minutes round a bit. The way the club sees it, every mil counts so Arsenal/Arteta will try to finish as high as they can I suppose.

Putting certain players in the shop window would be equally as beneficial though. Martinez for example is an extreme example.

Maybe but I think you have to look at it from a managers perspective.

Arteta's job was looking a bit precarious in November / December. If he had pretty must chucked in the towel on the season, fans and particularly Arteta haters would have been baying for blood, fairly I believe. Whatever they say now.

What have Willock, Eddie or Nelson etc ever actually done for Arsenal in reality? We hype them up because they're youth products but even in limited game time they've never really shown a lot to be honest. I'd be surprised if 1 out of the 3 makes the grade here long term.

If I'm manager I'm not putting my faith and ultimately my job in these guys hands.

Putting youth / unwanted players in the shop window is cool and a good idea to push their value up a bit, that's based on the presumption that they're going to perform to a level that will increase their value though, which is far from a given for me.

Martinez was a bit of an anomaly for me. If Leno's injury didn't occur we'd have been lucky to get £5m for him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

We were sold Arteta as a catalyst for change and a project. We all know he has to get results but I think the majority would accept 10th if the youth had been given a proper and fair chance. Those who fail would at least be in the shop window. You mention ESR earning a place. He came in when Arteta had no choice and nailed it which was lucky for us. He hadn't been given a chance to earn a place before that. You say that Nelson aside, the others have been given somewhat of a chance. Nketiah early in the season is fair point but but no so much for the others. When they were given chances, it was in a lopsided set up or out of position. A lot of appearances iirc, were when multiple subs were made hence a disrupted rhythm. You say if were chasing a game, Pepe and Willian are better. Pepe was a bit off up to December and Willian produced on matchday 1 and not again until matchday 25 or 26! It was criminal not to take a chance on Nelson for say five games in a row. We've seen Laca toiling up front, so throw on Martinelli or even Balogun.
We're not a top 4/6 team with the failing seniors and we've wasted a whole season not trying to integrate future players

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Can you recognize a trollish post meant to get a rise for a laugh? Obviously not.

FFS half the posts on this forum are tongue and cheek. Try not to take everything so seriously.

It’s a little different when that’s all they do. Hackney comedy if that’s what it is. I’m surprised if that still makes anyone laugh.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
It’s a little different when that’s all they do. Hackney comedy if that’s what it is. I’m surprised if that still makes anyone laugh.

It is what it is, mate. Not everything has to be to your liking, different strokes for different folks and all that.
OK, I've run out of clichés. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom